Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 07-05-2006, 03:35 AM   #1
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Australia gets Fullerized

Don't know if anyone follows the NBL or if there are many Aussies on here but the South Dragons announced recently that they've signed former NBA player Todd Fuller. I've been reading about him a little. Selected by Golden State with the 11th pick in the 1996 draft (Ahead of Steve Nash, Kobe Bryant, Peja Stojakovic, Zydrunas Ilgauskas and Jermaine O'Neal). He played in five NBA seasons from 1996-2001 for the Warriors, Utah Jazz, Charlotte Hornets and Miami Heat averaging 3.7 ppg.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:36 AM   #2
Walker
Cool Custom Title

Walker is considered somewhat coolWalker is considered somewhat coolWalker is considered somewhat cool

Dragons are gonna be great in the upcoming season. Heal and Drmic in the backcourt with Fuller up front coached by Mark Price. Finally I have a team again(stopped following when the SEM Magic died). Pencil in the championship now.
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:51 AM   #3
Phoenix_Suns1
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Phoenix_Suns1 has an OK reputation so far

The NBL has gone downhill since about '98 unfortunately...used to fill out rod laver...now the tigers can hardly fill a tiny netball centre.
Phoenix_Suns1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:55 AM   #4
lowblok
High School Varsity 6th Man

lowblok has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker
Pencil in the championship now.

Don't discount the Bullets or Breakers!!
lowblok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 08:01 AM   #5
Walker
Cool Custom Title

Walker is considered somewhat coolWalker is considered somewhat coolWalker is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan23
soccer is for big man wh0res.it is the p*ssy sport of the world.
What does soccer have to do with Australian Basketball?
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 05:08 PM   #6
marton mofo
Can barely lace up my sneakers

marton mofo has an OK reputation so far

nice call on the breakers. They should do better this season than the last couple. I recently read in the paper that Rich Melzer has signed a deal with the spurs. Bummer for the breakers but good for him I'm sure.
marton mofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 12:27 AM   #7
The Great Yeti
I airball my layups

The Great Yeti has an OK reputation so far
Default ...

Quote:
nice call on the breakers
As much as i hate to say it, being from NZ, i just can't see the breakers going deep. They were starting to come together with maeltzer(sp?), but with him leaving they are too unpredictable.
The Great Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 02:58 AM   #8
lowblok

Bro that Oscar Forman can shoot the lights out and he's a good 6' 10". Behrendorff has been averaging 20pts/9reb in the QABL. I think the new Breakers heads have shown that they can bring in quality imports (Wethers, Melzer).
With the returning core of Pepper, Olsen, Henare and Vukona they should have some sort of chemistry to work with.
The one thing that bothers me is no backup point guard. Maybe go with an import pointguard and bring in a Ben Hill or Craig Bradshaw. That'll be sweet.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:37 AM   #9
The Great Yeti
I airball my layups

Default ...

Quote:
The one thing that bothers me is no backup point guard. Maybe go with an import pointguard and bring in a Ben Hill or Craig Bradshaw. That'll be sweet
Isn't Lindsey Tait going to be in the squad, i no he had a shattered wrist but i thought he might be back for the team. If they haven't wanted to sign him thats a loss for them, i rate tait pretty highly in terms of kiwi guards. I doubt Bradshaw will come out of america aswell.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:12 AM   #10
lowblok

I spoke to Andrej Lemanis over a month ago and he said they let Tait go so he could develop his game overseas. He (coach) said Tait would benefit by being away from home and get a chance to experience something different. If all goes well, Tait will be back in a couple of years and a much better player than he is now!
Hopefully he will come back to the Breakers. I also rate him highly, probably higher than Henare! (size, quickness, more athletic)
Old 07-19-2006, 12:59 AM   #11
The Great Yeti
I airball my layups

Default ...

Quote:
I spoke to Andrej Lemanis over a month ago and he said they let Tait go so he could develop his game overseas. He (coach) said Tait would benefit by being away from home and get a chance to experience something different. If all goes well, Tait will be back in a couple of years and a much better player than he is now!
Hopefully he will come back to the Breakers. I also rate him highly, probably higher than Henare! (size, quickness, more athletic)
Oh yeah i thought it might be something like that. Tait would probably benefit alot from playing overseas, get some good experience. Hes a pretty grounded dude so im sure he will return to the breakers.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: