Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 09-30-2007, 04:13 PM   #16
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Nba 2k8!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
It doesn't seem logical that you bought the game at future-shop. On their website it says the release date for that game is October 2.

Today is September 30th. I can see if you made this thread on the October 1st late at night, but the fact remains those companies aren't allowed to put the game out to the public until they stalk the shelves Monday night for Tuesday morning.

I think you're lying.

well maybe but there are a lot of places that sometimes break the street date. and a lot of people who I know have the game
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 04:13 PM   #17
ThaKid
King

ThaKid has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
It doesn't seem logical that you bought the game at future-shop. On their website it says the release date for that game is October 2.

Today is September 30th. I can see if you made this thread on the October 1st late at night, but the fact remains those companies aren't allowed to put the game out to the public until they stalk the shelves Monday night for Tuesday morning.

I think you're lying.
happened to me a few years ago with like 05 i think....my friend say he copped it on the friday before the release date and i was like 'bull****'...and so i tested him like what was in the game and what not and when i played it after he was right...and he said he go it a futureshop too
ThaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 04:17 PM   #18
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

his comment about the frequency of windmills makes me think hes not lying
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 04:24 PM   #19
NY Comeback
Banned

NY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He's not lying. This stuff happens all the time. Stores preorder games, and sell them before the release date. I bought SmackDown Vs. RAW 2006 a week before it came out a couple years ago...

Anywho, I'm still getting NBA LIVE '08 next week.
NY Comeback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 04:56 PM   #20
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i'm hoping walmart will sell them after midnight. goodbye spare time after oct 2nd.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 05:15 PM   #21
NBA4EVER

NBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ 4 MVP
It's finally out! This game is the definiton of realism.

The only thing that I can find that is bad about this game is the frequency of windmill dunks, pick any good dunker and you can pull of windmill dunks in traffic like it's nothing.

Anybody else get the game, yet? What do you guys
think of it?

Also, does anyone know if Live 08 is out yet?

hey do the hawks have the new unifroms and new home court design???
NBA4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 05:18 PM   #22
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Some stores have it exclusively. LBJ 4 MVP is telling the truth. People all over the 2k Sports forum have it and have posted tons of pictures.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 05:50 PM   #23
LBJ 4 MVP
Sit yo ass down!

LBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBA4EVER
hey do the hawks have the new unifroms and new home court design???
Yup.
LBJ 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 05:53 PM   #24
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Yup.
Two questions:

1. Can you tell me the following stats for Iverson? Passing, mid range and 3 point shooting, speed and dribbling.
2. How's the dunk contest?
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 06:03 PM   #25
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

or you could just take a pic of the CD with your name on it.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 06:03 PM   #26
LBJ 4 MVP
Sit yo ass down!

LBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
Two questions:

1. Can you tell me the following stats for Iverson? Passing, mid range and 3 point shooting, speed and dribbling.
2. How's the dunk contest?

Passing - 77
Mid Range - 84
3 point - 77
Speed - 97
Ball Handling - 99

2. It's nothing special. It's a little hard to get used to, but when you figure it out its quite easy. There is a wide variety of dunks and props that you can use, but most of the dunks are quite unrealistic such as a windmills over cars...etc. It works by flicking the right stick in one direction, then quickly in another, then you have to press the right trigger for the timing of the finish. It's nothing that im too interested in.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:05 PM   #27
Kings_Alex
Sugar K

Kings_Alex has an OK reputation so far

LBJ 4 MVP isn't lying, alot of people have gotten the game early. can you answer my question:

Are freethrow routines customizable?
Kings_Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 06:10 PM   #28
LBJ 4 MVP
Sit yo ass down!

Free throw shooting form - yes
Free throw routine - no
Also in Create a Player you can customize:
Dunk Packages
Crossover Packages
Shooting Form
Post Shooting Form
Old 09-30-2007, 06:20 PM   #29
Kings_Alex
Sugar K

Kings_Alex has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Free throw shooting form - yes
Free throw routine - no
Also in Create a Player you can customize:
Dunk Packages
Crossover Packages
Shooting Form
Post Shooting Form
sweetttttt, thanks.
Kings_Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 06:27 PM   #30
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

If you want to prove it, you can post your gamercard, which will show your most recently played games. But you don't need to prove anything to me. I know lots of people already have the game. I checked out a few stores myself, but nobody had it for sale yet. Target was selling Live already yesterday, but I'm not buying that one. They both officially come out on Tuesday, so I'm just going to quit worrying about it until then.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: