Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 05-19-2007, 01:38 PM   #1
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Webber

is
Ballin'
with no G
lol
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 01:56 PM   #2
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Webber

I'd like to see him step up a little. Maybe he's just saving himself for the finals (as long as they beat Cleveland) :
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 12:36 PM   #3
sfpistonfan
I airball my layups

sfpistonfan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I'd like to see him step up a little. Maybe he's just saving himself for the finals (as long as they beat Cleveland) :

I think the key to the Pistons' success is:
Chancey
Richard (rip)
Rasheed
Jason
Tachaun

The rest of the team including Chris must play their roles.
sfpistonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 03:09 PM   #4
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I think the key to the Pistons' success is:
Chancey
Richard (rip)
Rasheed
Jason
Tachaun

The rest of the team including Chris must play their roles.

I think you could switch Maxiell's name with anyone off the bench though. He isn't good enough to be a starter on a championship level team but the Pistons do need to have someone step up and play that unsung hero role from the bench every game. So whether it's Murray, Delfino, Maxiell, etc etc, bench play is huge at this point in the playoffs. This is the reason that Detroit lost last year. Look at the year Detroit won it all. Their bench was loaded. I hated to see Okur go but we all knew he was a very good big man and deserved a starting role somewhere. Mike James was also someone with enough talent to start in the league so he had to go elsewhere as well. As long as Chris holds his own (not turning the ball over and playing defense mainly) and we have consistent bench play we can take this series. The person who really needs to step up more than anything is Tashaun at this point. The main reason the last game was so close is because he wasn't playing well.
Old 05-26-2007, 08:32 PM   #5
PistonsFan1119
I brick open layups

PistonsFan1119 has an OK reputation so far

His thing is that he cant score and do what he use to do because of his knees so he just need a team where he didnt have to score to win. With Phili he had to be like the 2nd or 3rd scorer and he just comfortable with that. Its kinda like how sheed was in Portland he dosent like having to be the number 1 scorer.
PistonsFan1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 07:41 PM   #6
sfpistonfan
I airball my layups

sfpistonfan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I think you could switch Maxiell's name with anyone off the bench though. He isn't good enough to be a starter on a championship level team but the Pistons do need to have someone step up and play that unsung hero role from the bench every game. So whether it's Murray, Delfino, Maxiell, etc etc, bench play is huge at this point in the playoffs. This is the reason that Detroit lost last year. Look at the year Detroit won it all. Their bench was loaded. I hated to see Okur go but we all knew he was a very good big man and deserved a starting role somewhere. Mike James was also someone with enough talent to start in the league so he had to go elsewhere as well. As long as Chris holds his own (not turning the ball over and playing defense mainly) and we have consistent bench play we can take this series. The person who really needs to step up more than anything is Tashaun at this point. The main reason the last game was so close is because he wasn't playing well.

I agree! Jason is or did play like a mad-man in Detroit against Cleveland. His strengths are what the Pistons need to win this series. He does not have what it takes to start, but he could really play the power forward with Sheed in the center spot.
sfpistonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:01 PM   #7
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

C-Webb says he still wants to stay a Piston.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3045522
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 03:13 PM   #8
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

Patrick27 has an OK reputation so far

This is very encouraging! I was worried that Webber was unhappy with his role on the team. We need another big, and I think once the roster situation is taken care of (i.e. someone is traded away or released), then we can get him back. He can be a crucial part of our offense.
Patrick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 09:26 PM   #9
dd24
College superstar

I hear ya there. I was a little worried about the big man situation too. I don't think Webber is perfect by any means but as long as he understands his role on the team I think the Pistons will have a little motivation for some revenge this year. Even if he doesn't start all the time this year I think he can be a big benefit off the bench.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: