Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-25-2006, 10:47 PM   #31
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
Let's see what he does with 35 mpg

Is he going to get that many minutes???
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 12:24 AM   #32
cyco127
Local High School Star

cyco127 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
he's never had starter's minutes. in seattle he was 6th man behind Rashard. with Clips he was sharing with Maggette. Let's see what he does with 35 mpg

I knew this would come up... that's why I only looked at the years he got 29-30 mpg (he had 3 of 'em). In 30 mpg (his highest mpg) he only averaged 5.6rpg.

I'm just saying don't get to thinkin' he's gonna average 8rpg just cause he put on a Laker jersey.

Last edited by cyco127 : 07-26-2006 at 12:34 AM.
cyco127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 04:27 AM   #33
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyco127
I knew this would come up... that's why I only looked at the years he got 29-30 mpg (he had 3 of 'em). In 30 mpg (his highest mpg) he only averaged 5.6rpg.

I'm just saying don't get to thinkin' he's gonna average 8rpg just cause he put on a Laker jersey.
Yeah I dont think he would get that many rebounds either but Doesnt matter to me as long as he keeps poppin and sinkin those THRREEEEEEEESS
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 05:54 AM   #34
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

Yeah Odom will eat up most of the boards especially if he plays the 4
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 07:36 AM   #35
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

no
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 09:20 AM   #36
cyco127
Local High School Star

cyco127 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
no

WOW. Good Post. Real thought provoking. j/k
cyco127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 10:33 AM   #37
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Is he going to get that many minutes???

I would think he would get close to 35 mpg. I suppose much will depend on a) his grasp of the triangle, b) match-ups, and c) defensive liability. If the above are relative non-issues, then I could see him getting true starter minutes, esp if he starts at the 3 and also swings to the 4 when Odom sits (Walton comes in at 3).

Don't expect him to get many rebounds because our center and Odom will eat those up. I'm much more curious about how well he can move the ball and play D against 3s and maybe 4s.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 02:22 PM   #38
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I am a mavs fan and as such im glad to see that you guys shot this down so quickly. Vladrad isnt in the same league as dirk. That said, he can be a very solid addition to the lakers. In fact i think he may end up being the best signing of this offseason all things considered. He should be a great fit providing shooting to help take the load off of kobe and odom as far as double teams go. hes not gonna provide a whole lot of anything else but someone who can knock down an open jumper when teams double kobe will be extremely valuable to you guys. Best of luck in the upcoming season.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 03:15 PM   #39
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think radmon is a good additon to the lakers...but i dont think hes gonna make the impact everyone is hoping for...he has a nice jump shot but that is it...no rebounding skills, dribbling skills, passing skills, or defensive skills. I dont see him playing more than 27-30 minutes becasue of this. He will help spread the floor but he will have big problems against the top tier smallforwards...lebron, pierce, melo, marion...radmon will be a liability against many smallforwards. He will never get 35 minutes beccause he cant defend worth crap. I thnk he will split time with maurice evans becasue he is athletic and can defend and keep up with quicker, stronger smallforwards...i hope im worng but i dont see radman as our savior to win a championship
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 03:23 PM   #40
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
I think radmon is a good additon to the lakers...but i dont think hes gonna make the impact everyone is hoping for...he has a nice jump shot but that is it...no rebounding skills, dribbling skills, passing skills, or defensive skills. I dont see him playing more than 27-30 minutes becasue of this. He will help spread the floor but he will have big problems against the top tier smallforwards...lebron, pierce, melo, marion...radmon will be a liability against many smallforwards. He will never get 35 minutes beccause he cant defend worth crap. I thnk he will split time with maurice evans becasue he is athletic and can defend and keep up with quicker, stronger smallforwards...i hope im worng but i dont see radman as our savior to win a championship

Obviously no "savior to win a championship", but another piece to the puzzle.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 03:59 PM   #41
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
I am a mavs fan and as such im glad to see that you guys shot this down so quickly. Vladrad isnt in the same league as dirk. That said, he can be a very solid addition to the lakers. In fact i think he may end up being the best signing of this offseason all things considered. He should be a great fit providing shooting to help take the load off of kobe and odom as far as double teams go. hes not gonna provide a whole lot of anything else but someone who can knock down an open jumper when teams double kobe will be extremely valuable to you guys. Best of luck in the upcoming season.

Ben Wallace is definitely the best signing - just by repeating last year's Detroit numbers. Radman played like 5 or 6 seasons and he has always peaked at around 10ppg, no reason 2 think that'll change. I think a more realistic goal is hedo Turkoglu who is 6'10 can shoot and has a lil in between game, gets some steals and averages like 14ppg
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 04:02 AM   #42
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
He will help spread the floor but he will have big problems against the top tier smallforwards...lebron, pierce, melo, marion...radmon will be a liability against many smallforwards. He will never get 35 minutes beccause he cant defend worth crap. I thnk he will split time with maurice evans becasue he is athletic and can defend and keep up with quicker, stronger smallforwards...i hope im worng but i dont see radman as our savior to win a championship

Once again I dont think phil would be dumb enough to have Rad defend those guys. I agree it is a risk but He can be a 3 on offense and a 4 on Defense.

Ur allowed to do that. lol
Old 07-27-2006, 03:43 PM   #43
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Once again I dont think phil would be dumb enough to have Rad defend those guys. I agree it is a risk but He can be a 3 on offense and a 4 on Defense.

Ur allowed to do that. lol

And get dominated by bigger stronger power forwards..hed have as much problems with them as the quick smallforwards...i dont think phil would be dumb enough to make him defend those guys...which is why he will struggle defensivly...he doesnt match up with bigs or smalls well...
Old 07-27-2006, 05:55 PM   #44
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
And get dominated by bigger stronger power forwards..hed have as much problems with them as the quick smallforwards...i dont think phil would be dumb enough to make him defend those guys...which is why he will struggle defensivly...he doesnt match up with bigs or smalls well...

well he is 6'10'' i think.

Just basic defending the post wont hurt. Get an arm on his back. when he shoots get 2 hands up in his face. Not too hard.
Old 07-28-2006, 04:00 PM   #45
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
well he is 6'10'' i think.

Just basic defending the post wont hurt. Get an arm on his back. when he shoots get 2 hands up in his face. Not too hard.

That will work on mediocre big men but not the better players in the league...i honestly never see him really defending well...he is too slow to handle quick steps and too weak to hold his own against the bigs...i think whoever he isdefending is a mismatch and other teams will exploit it
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: