Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 10-15-2007, 01:44 AM   #31
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: 2008 Mock Draft

Well Dunleavy was being called a pretty good athlete at the time. On NBAdraft.net, they geve him a 9 for athleticism and an 8 for quickness. Morrison was more of the "gamer" type. It is all about how you are viewed. Budinger has a whole year to prove himself different, but I think how fans and the media view him will decide how he is viewed. Of course GM's and scouts look past that stuff, but it does effect things. I am not saying anything about his skills, just that I think fans will think about Redick and Morrison when looking at him. He is much more like maybe Mickael Pietrus.

10. Milwaukee-Donte Greene-SF/PF-Syracuse-Milwaukee is on the cusp of the playoffs, but without a player that can put them over the top available, they take the young guy and hope he can start next to their other Big East combo-forward, Charlie Villanueva.

Other possible picks:Roy Hibbert has some value at this point, but they still donít give up on Andrew Bogut
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 05:28 PM   #32
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

Isn't Yi going to be starting next to Villanueva? I like Hibbert there because it gives them some size down low and physicality that they don't get when Bogut's in the game. Plus, they could always trade Hibbert. Milwaukee's a tough team to pick for, since it looks like they might already have a starting five of the future in Williams, Redd, Villanueva, Yi, and Bogut.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 02:35 PM   #33
BBallGuru08
I brick open layups

BBallGuru08 has an OK reputation so far

(Draft order is based on what CbsSportsline.com rankings)

1. Minnesota Timberwolves - OJ Mayo 6'4 PG/SG USC

With Foye as their future at the point guard spot, I think Mayo would be a nice choice since he can play the 2 probably better than he can the 1. He's more of a scorer than playmaker. NBA Comparison - Gilbert Arenas

2. Philadelphia 76ers - Michael Beasley 6'9 SF/PF Kansas State

Beasley would be a perfect fit for this young team. They've been in need of a power foward since Webber has left town and MB is the best there is this season. Would team up nicely with Iguodala and Carney as a nice young core. Can possibly even throw in Louis Williams name in there as he's have a nice summer thus passing on Derrick Rose. NBA Comparison: Antoine Walker (when he was in Boston)

3. Seattle Supersonics - Derrick Rose 6'4 PG Memphis

The Sonics have two very young and talented players in Durant and Green. Ridnour just can't be counted on and would make a nice player to have off the bench. Rose, Durant, Green, Wilcox, and Swift would make a nice line up. NBA Comparison: Gary Payton

4. Indiana Pacers - Nicholas Batum 6'7 SG France

The Pacers will be getting ready for life without O'Neal as they start their rebuilding process. Granger, Dunleavy, Murphy, and Diogu will probably be here for awhile. They've haven't had a marquee SG since Reggie Miller. Batum can easily change that. NBA Comparison: Richard Jefferson

5. Sacramento Kings - Darrell Arthur 6'9 PF Kansas

The Kings needs alittle of everything but Arthur fills an immediate need at the PF spot. One of the most athletic front court players in the draft. NBA Comparison: Kenyon Martin

6. Phoenix Suns from Atlanta Hawks - DeAndre Jordan 7'0 C Texam A&M

An athletic 7 footer are becoming more and more common, but still remains a hot commodity. NBA Comparison: Andris Biedrins

7. Los Angeles Clippers - Kosta Koufos 7'1 C Ohio State NBA Comparison: Zydrunas Ilgauskas

8. Portland Trailblazers - Donte Green 6'10 SF Syracuse NBA Comparison: Rashard Lewis

9. Charlotte Bobcats - Roy Hibbert 7'1 C Georgetown NBA Comparison: David Harrison

10. New York Knicks - Danilo Gallinari 6'9 SF Italy NBA Comparison: Mike Dunleavy Jr.

11. Memphis Grizzlies - Serge Ibaka 6'10 PF Congo NBA Comparison: Shawn Kemp

12. Milwaukee Bucks - Jarryd Bayless 6'2 PG Arizona NBA Comparison: Tony Parker

13. New Orlean Hornets - Eric Gordon 6'4 SG Indiana NBA Comparison: Mitch Richmond

14. Orlando Magic - Chase Budinger 6'7 SG Arizona NBA Comparison: Jason Richardson
BBallGuru08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 04:57 PM   #34
marny_navis
Banned

Like the Rose pick he'd be great for Seattle.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:58 AM   #35
monthh
Local High School Star

I don't see Yi staying there for that long. I think he will want to go to a team like the Lakers in a few years.

I think a Foye/Mayo would be a fun backcourt to watch, but they aren't going to win with them. Rose would be a better fit I think.

I like Rose for Seattle as well. Durant and Rose would be a top 10 duo I think.

Jordan to the Suns would be a nice fit as well. But aren't they talking of Marion trades because of his contract? Even though a rookie comes cheap, I don't know if they want to put any money into a guy who will just warm the bench for them. They would be much better off using that same money to sign a vet who you know will be able to play if needed.

I would also love to see Chris Paul and Eric Gordon together. However, like the T-Wolves pick, that is a pretty small backcourt

11. Memphis-Roy Hibbert-C-Georgetown-This team is so close to the playoffs with Pau Gasol, Rudy Gay, and rookie Mike Conley leading the way. Hibbert is able to join a nice supporting cast of Darko Milicic, Mike Miller, Kyle Lowry, Hakim Warick, and Stromile Swift. While Hibbert may not start, or even get a lot of minutes on this team, he is actually a true center, and will be able to play right from Day 1.

Other possible picks: Eric Gordon is enticing and by far the most talented player left, but doesnít give them what they need right away
Old 10-18-2007, 02:00 AM   #36
monthh
Local High School Star

12. New York-Eric Gordon-SG-Illinois-Not the ideal player for this team as they look to take a big jump into the playoffs next season, but Jamal Crawford, Quentin Richardson, and their backups probably wonít be the long term answers at SG. Gordon might not play much his first couple years, but he is a much better prospect than where they got him, so when they need him, he will be ready to score in bunches.

Other possible picks: Danilo Gallinari would be similar to Gordon in that they could use a young SF for the future, but Gordon has a lot more potential
Old 10-19-2007, 02:02 AM   #37
monthh
Local High School Star

It is getting to the boring part, but I will finish anyway. At least there was some good talk about the top players. I think the lack of interest in these players shows how shallow this draft is. Last year we would be talking about Corey Brewer, Al Thorton, Yi Jianlian, and other guys that people were interested in. Speaking of a guy you won't be all that interested in...

13. New Orleans-Brook Lopez-C-Stanford-This team seems to be better than the sum of its parts, but still canít break into the playoffs in the tough Western Conference. While Lopez wonít put them over the top, he will give them scoring inside to offset the defensive minded guys they have now.

Other possible picks: Hasheem Thabeet would add more defense for them, but wonít help them for a year or two
Andrew Ogilvy has a lot of potential, but they need something more right now
Old 10-19-2007, 10:12 AM   #38
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

If Philadelphia pick Beasley they will have most athletic duo in the league. Think about Iguodala and Beasley playing togheter....
They just need 1 playmaker to throw them alley-oops!!!
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 02:43 PM   #39
marny_navis
Banned

like gordon gives knicks explosive player in backcourt when steph's gone, hibbert gives nice size next to pau and lopez gives some bulk to NO i like all picks
Old 10-19-2007, 02:44 PM   #40
marny_navis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
If Philadelphia pick Beasley they will have most athletic duo in the league. Think about Iguodala and Beasley playing togheter....
They just need 1 playmaker to throw them alley-oops!!!

insert Andre Miller
Old 10-20-2007, 11:32 PM   #41
AlThornton
Great young streetballer

AlThornton has an OK reputation so far

I see some have Rose going to Seattle. Granted i don't know as much about him as i do Eric Gordon, and OJ Mayo.

I see some compare him to Payton, and Wade. which one is it? they IMO are completely different players.

The only thing i know about him is he is a shy/quiet type.

Last edited by AlThornton : 10-21-2007 at 12:03 AM.
AlThornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 10:56 AM   #42
monthh
Local High School Star

I would say Rose is more like Payton, but obviously the defense, energy, and overall leadership Payton brought in his prime will be hard to match. I would say an easy comparison at this point would be Chris Paul. Good passer, good scorer, and good leader, but not at the level of an all-time great. At 6-4, though, Rose might have more potential than Paul does. If he improves his defense he could be closer to Jason Kidd. But at his best he will probably be a better scorer than Kidd, so a Kidd/Payton combo if he achieves his potential. So basically, I wouldn't bank on anything more than 16 and 7 in his prime, but 20 and 10 could be realistic if he works as hard as guys like Kidd and Payton. And speaking of a guy that plays a little like Payton...

14. Orlando-Darren Collison-PG-UCLA-Someone has to miss the playoffs after Bostonís improvement, and Orlando just loses out to Toronto. While they could use some help for Dwight Howard inside, Jameer Nelson just isnít a playoff PG, and while Collison isnít all that much bigger, he will be a better PG in the long run.

Other possible picks: Ty Lawson would be a good pick, but he is even smaller than Collison and probably wonít have the same impact for a team looking to win now
Hasheem Thabeet would give them a shot blocker, but isnít much more than a 10mpg guy at this point
Old 10-21-2007, 12:38 PM   #43
marny_navis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by monthh
It is getting to the boring part, but I will finish anyway. At least there was some good talk about the top players. I think the lack of interest in these players shows how shallow this draft is. Last year we would be talking about Corey Brewer, Al Thorton, Yi Jianlian, and other guys that people were interested in. Speaking of a guy you won't be all that interested in...

13. New Orleans-Brook Lopez-C-Stanford-This team seems to be better than the sum of its parts, but still canít break into the playoffs in the tough Western Conference. While Lopez wonít put them over the top, he will give them scoring inside to offset the defensive minded guys they have now.

Other possible picks: Hasheem Thabeet would add more defense for them, but wonít help them for a year or two
Andrew Ogilvy has a lot of potential, but they need something more right now

Found out on ESPN's bottom line a couple of days ago that he's ineligible for first semester or something. What effect will that have on his draft stock?
Old 10-22-2007, 12:37 AM   #44
monthh
Local High School Star

I don't think much. He still has the second half and maybe the tournament. Either way I think he is gone after the year and will have the chance to prove himself in workouts. The only way I think this hurts him is if he comes back out of shape or really rusty and doesn't play well. If that is the case, he needs to come back for another year.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:49 PM   #45
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by monthh
I figured I would at least try to get some talk about the upcoming college and pro seasons. Every day I will try to post a new selection so you can debate how bad these pros teams will be and what they actually need to draft, and also how good these college players will be and how high they will go in the draft.

1. Sacramento-Nicolas Batum-SF-France-This team needs the best player in the draft, and Batum is this years Oden/Durant/LeBron. Ron Artest is not the long term answer for them, and Francisco Garcia and Quincy Douby have given you no reason to pass up Batum for the inside guy in Michael Beasley. This team does have some pieces if they do get the #1 pick as Mike Bibby will probably want out of this situation, and Artest may be gone in the near future. Both would bring some value in a trade. If you can add some more young players to go with Hawes, Martin, and Batum, you have a decent future.

Other possible picks: Michael Beasley to replace Shareef Abdur-Rahim and Kenny Thomas and give them that nasty Amare/Howard type of player
O.J. Mayo as Mike Bibby might be gone by the time this draft rolls around
Derrick Rose for the same reason they would give Mayo a look

Recap of my picks so far:
1. Kings-Nicolas Batum
2. 76ers-Derrick Rose
3. Sonics-O.J. Mayo
4. Pacers-Michael Beasley
5. Clippers-DeAndre Jordan
6. Timberwolves-Kosta Koufos
7. Bobcats-Darrell Arthur
8. Trailblazers-Chase Budinger
9. Suns-Serge Ibaka
10. Bucks-Donte Greene
11. Grizzlies-Roy Hibbert
12. Hornets-Brook Lopez

he could be kicked off the stanford team... he has no business in the 1st round... especially if he does get booted. hes already not playing the first 10 games... probably will miss more
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: