Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 10-23-2007, 03:24 AM   #46
monthh
Local High School Star

Default Re: 2008 Mock Draft

Sean Williams was a repeat offender for drugs and was still drafted in the first round. Failing a class or whatever is no reason for him to fall at all. Like I said, the only way this hurts him is if he is rusty or out of shape.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 11:55 PM   #47
marny_navis
Banned

I hope you didn't just finish with your lottery; this forum may be dead for a while. I might start my own thing like this, but I already showed a mock and I'm content with it for now, except maybe a couple of picks.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 06:12 AM   #48
AlThornton
Great young streetballer

WOW. I just watched some D Rose highlight videos on youtube, and this kid has great athleticism.

Everyone says he is a pass first point guard, but damn the kid is a great dunker, and a great finisher around the basket. He seems like a guy who could easily play the 2, and score 20-25 a game.

Unless his jumper sucks, which they didn't show much of in the highlight video's.
AlThornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 08:48 PM   #49
monthh
Local High School Star

Marny, I am working on another topic to keep things going. I think we will also have a running mock draft thread that might be a sticky topic that we can keep going during the basketball season.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:21 PM   #50
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

I wouldnt mind Derrick Rose or OJ Mayo....Beasley I'm holding off on because Sixers drafted Jason Smith who is a FC and talks of Thad Young frame being able to handle more size so he can eventually move to PF. And who knows with the free agent class if Sixers target a PF? I dont know who is available. J.O'neal but why would he come from Indiana to Philly? Sixers can offer money but so can Indy. Not sure who else would be out there. Anyway, adding OJ or Derrick would be sweet. Just from a talent standpoint. You draft 1 of the 2 you probably have to trade Lou Williams.

I just dont think Sixers will get a top 3 pick...i see them in the 7-9 range.

Say that is the case who would you then have the Sixers draft?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 04:26 PM   #51
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I wouldnt mind Derrick Rose or OJ Mayo....Beasley I'm holding off on because Sixers drafted Jason Smith who is a FC and talks of Thad Young frame being able to handle more size so he can eventually move to PF. And who knows with the free agent class if Sixers target a PF? I dont know who is available. J.O'neal but why would he come from Indiana to Philly? Sixers can offer money but so can Indy. Not sure who else would be out there. Anyway, adding OJ or Derrick would be sweet. Just from a talent standpoint. You draft 1 of the 2 you probably have to trade Lou Williams.

I just dont think Sixers will get a top 3 pick...i see them in the 7-9 range.

Say that is the case who would you then have the Sixers draft?

In that range Budinger or Gallinari....even if Batum is available because he's ridiculously overrated.

Of course once this NCAA season is over, you'll be happy with drafting MSU's Raymar Morgan as well.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 06:01 PM   #52
marny_navis
Banned

I don't know about 7-9; Budinger does sound attractive, but somewhere around pick 5 they could get Darrell Arthur at PF.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:35 AM   #53
monthh
Local High School Star

GOBB, if you are correct about the team and not going out of their way to get a big man, I think Budinger is the obvious choice, but I would also love to see Ty Lawson running that team with his speed. Darren Collison and Jerryd Bayless would also be good picks if they don't think Andre Miller is the answer.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:32 PM   #54
marny_navis
Banned

Well obviously Andre Miller is not "The Answer".

Old 10-31-2007, 10:39 PM   #55
big baller
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

hold on people, y is Orlando up thr ? Orlando is one of the best teams in the east thanks to rashard lewis(when i say best i mean they can get to the playoffs easily). and also bobcats? bobcats? did u not notice that they got Gerald wallace, emeka okafor, Raymond felton, and jason rich.

Last edited by big baller : 10-31-2007 at 10:44 PM.
big baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:53 PM   #56
marny_navis
Banned

I'm not putting the Bobcats down; they're one of my favorite teams, so don't look at me.

Yes, Orlando got Rashard Lewis, but he's not the end-all-be-all (or whatever that phrase is) of the Orlando Magic. They still have a large hole at shooting guard and Dwight doesn't have a strong compliment down low. Jameer Nelson's not a Great point guard, either. Dwight and Rashard are the only thing they have. I don't see that translating into much success. I think there'll be games where Howard and/or Lewis leads them to victory, but I still see them at the bottom of the totem pole. Now, draft Roy Hibbert or O.J. Mayo and Orlando's got my attention....
Old 11-03-2007, 03:12 PM   #57
marny_navis
Banned

Although seeing as how they womped the Bucks, I may be speaking out of my behind.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:24 PM   #58
monthh
Local High School Star

Well Boston moved into the playoffs, so someone had to fall off. I figured Washinton would be better, but as of right now I would have to say they would be the team I let fall out of the playoffs. I really took time to decide between Orlando and Toronto, and I decided Toronto had a better team.

As for the Bobcats, they are about even with the Bucks, Hawks, and Knicks. I would say you can basically switch any of those teams with each other. I just had them in the lowest spot.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:48 PM   #59
BIZARRO
Local High School Star

I don't know what anybody else is watching, but to me Eric Gordon looks like the truth.
BIZARRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 05:49 PM   #60
marny_navis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIZARRO
I don't know what anybody else is watching, but to me Eric Gordon looks like the truth.

Gordon looked very good in the few minutes that I watched him last night. Any NBA comparisons for him? He's pretty short for a 2, but probably won't be a 1. Possibly a Ben Gordon-mold?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: