Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 07-20-2006, 01:17 AM   #1
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation
Default Kenyon Martin For Steve Francis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is Martin For Francis Denver's Only Option?
20th July, 2006 - 12:47 am
Newsday - One NBA executive told Greg Logan of Newsday that the Nuggets are "desperate" to unload Kenyon Martin and almost certainly could be forced to take Steve Francis, who has three years worth $48.7 million left on his contract. The nearly $50 million is a relative bargain, as Martin has five years left for $70.9 million.

Martin is coming off microfracture knee surgery and was suspended by the Nuggets during the playoffs for behavioral problems. Denver asked for Channing Frye in the past and likely would again, but there is zero chance of the Knicks dealing Frye in a Martin trade.

I got it from some other site EVEN THOUGH THE SAME ****ING INFO WAS ON THE FRONT PAGE OF INSIDEHOOPS.COM

Last edited by insidehoops : 07-21-2006 at 10:29 PM.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 02:32 AM   #2
boshraptor4life
Good High School Starter

boshraptor4life has decent reputation

Gives NY a legit PF, while it gives Denver someone who can score in their back court who can play both positions. They could probably start a line up like this:

Denver:
C - Camby
PF - Nene
SF - Anthony
SG - Francis
PG - Miller

NY:
C - Curry
PF - Martin
SF - Rose
SG - Crawford
PG - Marbury

An improvement for both teams. Neither gives up a significant player, and surely nothing that is part of either team's future. There's a chance that neither would have started on the former teams, walking into big roles on these teams. I'd give it a go as a partial Nuggets fan, as long as Francis doesn't act like a little kid.
boshraptor4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 07:14 AM   #3
douglaspuckett12
Can barely lace up my sneakers

douglaspuckett12 has an OK reputation so far

this sounds like a nitemare waiting to happen, Francis is about the biggest ball hog in the leauge. I see major problems, but a three way deal with him and martin and us getting something else would be nice.
douglaspuckett12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 07:42 PM   #4
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglaspuckett12
this sounds like a nitemare waiting to happen, Francis is about the biggest ball hog in the leauge. I see major problems, but a three way deal with him and martin and us getting something else would be nice.

you are a retard, francis is the biggest ball hog in the league? lol thats what i thought when he came to us, he actually played as a team player and took good shots
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 10:22 AM   #5
Czar
I airball my layups

Czar has an OK reputation so far

I would pull this deal off in a heart beat.
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 12:43 PM   #6
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

I don't know why denver wouldn't do this deal. Andre Miller isn't the best PG, especially for up temp offense. When Francis is playing, he has made the all star team, averaged like 22 5 bds and 7 dimes.....huge numbers. He wouldn't be 'the man' with Melo around and I could see a backcourt of Francis and JR Smith with Melo as devastating. Dre, Boykins, Francis, JR is a ton of talent and trade pieces. Dre could be moved as he still has value and a resonable contract, perhaps for a shooter you desparately need.

Also, Francis has two fewer years on his deal compared to Kmart's horrible deal(worst signing in NBA history?? considering you also gave up 1st round picks).
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 10:49 PM   #7
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i think the only player you could trade kenyon martin for is francis...and becasue francis has a shorter contract, not recovering from injuries, i think its a risk denver should take if they have that option...only the knicks will take on a ludacris contract in kenyon martins and if denvers got the chance to unload him they should...and i think having francis at the 2 will benefit him and playing alonside miller and melo will make him a better player...he would be getting a lot of allys from miller
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 07:55 AM   #8
roth15syr
I brick open layups

roth15syr has an OK reputation so far

I dunno if that's good for the Nuggz cuz they lose bulk inside but KMart's always injured and his contract's a killer which makes him a great Knick and they need a pass first point guard. The Nuggz meanwhile get a solid creator and the shooter they needed albeit an injured one but I figure he's a wash with KMart in that case.

Last edited by insidehoops : 01-09-2007 at 04:55 AM.
roth15syr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 03:20 AM   #9
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

great for both teams... but is it really happening??? any insiders news???
wally_world is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 12:12 PM   #10
Chrispbosh4
I brick open layups

Chrispbosh4 has no real reputation yet.

numbers arent everything, these are BOTH players with attitude problems that need serious adjustment. Kmart wont be traded to newyork

1)New York is already FARRRRRRR over the luxury tax and couldnt take on Kmarts contract

2) because they just signed Jared Jeffries who can play 3 positions and will start at SF

3) Channing Frye will start at PF

4) expect to see Darius Miles in new york for Qrich soon, which would put him backup forward for jeffries.

Theres isnt to much room on the roster for Kmart and for denvers case, would you really want a player like Steve "Franchise" to be put as back up scorer to Melo?? Francis's ego is to big, and he's to small to fill in the need at SG.

Trading away Dre would be a bad mistake, hes a classic old style pas first point guard and him and boykins are a dynamic duo due to there different stlyes of play.
Chrispbosh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 02:02 PM   #11
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Martin for Francis would be a good trade for the Nuggets and for the Knicks. I dont know if the Knicks would agree now after getting Jared Jefferies. We'll have to see how Isiah's good GM skills change the Knicks.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 03:25 PM   #12
Marky418
Decent playground baller

Marky418 has no real reputation yet.

The trade would work Try on ESPNs Trade Machine

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...515&teams=7~18
Marky418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 01:10 AM   #13
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

Unless Francis can play shooting guard, that puts Andre Miller on the bench.

If this actually happened, Indiana could use a healthy PG that has only missed three games in his entire career. Tinsley plus a 2nd round pick for Miller.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 07:54 AM   #14
BlockShot
I hit open 5-footers

BlockShot has an OK reputation so far

noooo dont get Francis pick up minnie's poop Hudson n Jaric PLEASEEEE haha i want to get rid of them so badly..but serously...your best option would be Zach:confused: ...you know from portland...i dont know that much about denver.....but Randolf(spell cheak) seems like the better man

Francis vs Randolf vs Kmart
BlockShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 07:56 AM   #15
BlockShot
I hit open 5-footers

BlockShot has an OK reputation so far

btw goodjob to carmelo on the world championship...dissapointment but goodjob
BlockShot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: