Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-01-2007, 12:05 PM   #31
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Updated Power Rankings

teams too high:
-Lakers (made no improvements)
-Indiana (O'Neal can't be counted on to stay healthy, dreadful supporting cast outside of Granger)
-Philly (no clear sense of direction and noone to build the team around)

teams too low:
-Memphis (good draft and should have better health. Had rotten luck last year)
-Seattle (are they REALLY the WORST team in the league with other strong contenders such as Minnesota, ATL, out there?)
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 12:06 PM   #32
Sharas
Great college starter

Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M.G.
Look, I am a Raptors fan, so the Hornets addition of Morris Peterson instantly makes me like them on a sentimental level. I also think Mo will play well for your team. But seriously, there is no way the Hornets will be on par with Golden State (beat Dallas in playoffs) or the Raptors (Atlantic Division Champs) IMO. Washington if your lucky. If the Hornets prove me wrong, more power to them.

that is definitely debatable, but orlando and lakers? IMO they'll both be lucky to repeat last year's record
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 12:21 PM   #33
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Webber's return isn't "highly doubtful"
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 12:31 PM   #34
Sharas
Great college starter

Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Webber's return isn't "highly doubtful"

why?
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 12:41 PM   #35
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Los Angeles has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Lakers (made no improvements)

This team had a core that was good enough to beat all the elite teams in this league, injuries took their tole and that's when they began to struggle.

They did improve at the PG position in the off-season, and that's more then enough for them to be #12 in this league. Last year when Walton, Odom, Kobe were all healthy they beat San Antonio twice...including on the road, why are people underrating this team so much?

Like I said, name me 12 teams that are better then the Lakers?
And I'll laugh in your face if you name more then 5 eastern conference teams...Detroit, New Jersey, Chicago, Cleveland, Utah, Phoenix, Dallas, San Antonio, Houston, Denver (I guess)...that's 10 teams right there, I can't really put any other team above the Lakers. I mean Toronto, New Orleans, Memphis are all behind them...LA still has arguablty the best player in the world, so they will be in most games.

If they're healthy, they will compete with anyone in this league...they could easily be the 3rd seed in the east.
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 12:53 PM   #36
CAYO
Serious playground baller

CAYO has an OK reputation so far

Utah Is Too High They Should Be Rank Like 10.
The Worst Ranking Is The 76ers Over The Grizzlies
And The Sonics Are Not The Worst Team The 76ers Are The Worst Team.
CAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 12:57 PM   #37
Fatal_Flaw
I hit open 5-footers

Fatal_Flaw has an OK reputation so far

I think that the Lakers are exactly where they should be. IMO, when the Lakers are at full-strength, there aren't 12 teams better than them. They will always have a chance to win any given game just because they have Kobe.

However, they are at best a 7th seed in the West. San Antonio, Phoenix, Dallas, Houston, Utah, and Denver are all better than the Lakers.

If they were in the East, they'd have a chance to make the ECF. But the West is just too stacked.
Fatal_Flaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 12:59 PM   #38
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Los Angeles has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Utah Is Too High They Should Be Rank Like 10.

How do you figure?
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 01:35 PM   #39
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharas
why?

Waiting for Joe D to dump Flip and Supa-Dupe to make room.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 01:40 PM   #40
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal_Flaw
I think that the Lakers are exactly where they should be. IMO, when the Lakers are at full-strength, there aren't 12 teams better than them. They will always have a chance to win any given game just because they have Kobe.

However, they are at best a 7th seed in the West. San Antonio, Phoenix, Dallas, Houston, Utah, and Denver are all better than the Lakers.

If they were in the East, they'd have a chance to make the ECF. But the West is just too stacked.

Los Angeles Lakers vs. Eastern Conference Team ( 2006-07 NBA Season)

13 wins- 17 losses

againts the elite teams

LA Lakers Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers ( 0-2)

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...E20070211.html

Cavs 99- Los Angeles Lakers 90

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...L20070215.html

Cavs 114- Los Angeles Lakers 108

LA LakersVs. Detroit Pistons (0-2)

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...T20070208.html

93 Detroit- 78 Los Angeles Lakers

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...L20061110.html

97 Detroit- 83 Los Angeles Lakers

Last edited by Lebron23 : 10-01-2007 at 01:55 PM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 02:46 PM   #41
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

i don't see how the cavs can be ranked ahead of the pistons. neither team made a significant off-season move. the cavs best players are younger than the pistons. the cavs had more injury issues last year. and the cavs were the victors in last season's 7 game series. sure the feud between saunders and wallace contributed, but who says that's over? i just don't think there's any evidence that the pistons should be favored over cleveland this year.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 02:50 PM   #42
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan
i don't see how the cavs can be ranked ahead of the pistons. neither team made a significant off-season move. the cavs best players are younger than the pistons. the cavs had more injury issues last year. and the cavs were the victors in last season's 7 game series. sure the feud between saunders and wallace contributed, but who says that's over? i just don't think there's any evidence that the pistons should be favored over cleveland this year.

Which should be ranked over the other?

The pistons have some solid young players who should contribute. jarvis hayes could be great for them. Cavs lost 2 of their primary rotational players. What is the big man rotation for them (and dont act like ced simmons is gonna explode there, he might but he might not).
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 02:51 PM   #43
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound

Which should be ranked over the other?

The pistons have some solid young players who should contribute. jarvis hayes could be great for them. Cavs lost 2 of their primary rotational players. What is the big man rotation for them (and dont act like ced simmons is gonna explode there, he might but he might not).
who did the cavs lose? i wasn't aware of any major losses for them.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:04 PM   #44
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan
who did the cavs lose? i wasn't aware of any major losses for them.
sasha and sideshow. At least they havent signed their qualifying offers yet and they supposedly may not. I agree it is debatable to put a team that lost to another team in the playoffs last year ahead of them in the rankings considering no games have been played yet.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:08 PM   #45
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

xxxSuperStar has an OK reputation so far

Some thoughts (minor and otherwise):

Dallas at 2, Phoenix at 3

Denver above Celtics/Cavs

Lakers a few spots lower (raise Toronto, Washington, Miami, all of which I think are superior)

Charlotte should get be up higher (health (presumed) and Jason Richardson)

Memphis definitely higher

Indiana lower

Sacramento lower

Atlanta a bit higher (better than Indiana at least)
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: