Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-20-2006, 01:18 AM   #1
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation
Default Steve Francis For Kenyon Martin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is Martin For Francis Denver's Only Option?
20th July, 2006 - 12:47 am
Newsday - One NBA executive told Greg Logan of Newsday that the Nuggets are "desperate" to unload Kenyon Martin and almost certainly could be forced to take Steve Francis, who has three years worth $48.7 million left on his contract. The nearly $50 million is a relative bargain, as Martin has five years left for $70.9 million.

Martin is coming off microfracture knee surgery and was suspended by the Nuggets during the playoffs for behavioral problems. Denver asked for Channing Frye in the past and likely would again, but there is zero chance of the Knicks dealing Frye in a Martin trade.

Last edited by insidehoops : 07-21-2006 at 10:27 PM.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 02:09 PM   #2
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far

i think they should trade francis but they shouldnt get kenyon. channing frye is goin to be a good nba player i think he is goin to be better then kenyon martin.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 10:42 PM   #3
ittybitty814
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ittybitty814 has an OK reputation so far

every move we keep making makes me closer and closer to completely not caring about the knicks, this one may put me over the edge, while we should get rid of stevie "let me ruin your" franchise, we dont need a guy who has a LONGER contract than he does.
ittybitty814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 02:00 AM   #4
bigfrank34
I brick open layups

bigfrank34 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchild155
i think they should trade francis but they shouldnt get kenyon. channing frye is goin to be a good nba player i think he is goin to be better then kenyon martin.

I think that Kenyon is a wonderful player to get if NY can get him healthy or with a future draft pick if he is injured.
bigfrank34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 02:05 AM   #5
bigfrank34
I brick open layups

bigfrank34 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchild155

Channing Frye, I heard gained an additional 15 pounds of muscle over the summer. Hopefully this will make him a better rebounder. -Frye is good, and will continue to get better. However, Martin is a wonderful defender as well. Martin is versital as well. I'm not sure we can say Frye will be better than Martin yet, but we'll see.
bigfrank34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 03:10 AM   #6
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i can see isaiah pulling off a deal francis for kenyon...its an isaiah thing to do...trade a bad contract for an even worse one...there are absolutly no takers for martin in hte league but i think if anyone takes him it will be the knicks...they like taking big risks...and when they do get martin they will be in even worse shape than before
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 07:57 AM   #7
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster
Default nlo way

Isiah Thomas won't trade Francis for a power forward, he believes that Frye is the starting power forward for the next ten years. If anything, Isiah will trade Francis for an expiring contract, or some young players, and draft picks.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 11:32 AM   #8
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafir
Isiah Thomas won't trade Francis for a power forward, he believes that Frye is the starting power forward for the next ten years. If anything, Isiah will trade Francis for an expiring contract, or some young players, and draft picks.

yea thats the logical thing to do but tell me when isaiah has been logical? hes the one trading away expiring contracts and 1st round drat picks...still wouldnt be surpprised if he took a chance on martin
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 10:56 AM   #9
Czar
I airball my layups

Czar has an OK reputation so far

I might be the only outsider to say this but I like this deal for the Knicks. Mark my words, Isiah has this team on the right path. And for some odd reason I think James will be valuable this year.
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 01:15 PM   #10
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

KnicksFan4Life has an OK reputation so far

Deal Steve to the Lakers for their first round pick, trust me the Lakers will suck next year
KnicksFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 11:27 PM   #11
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Knicks front office should go into hibernation for five years waiting for every single contract to expire while replacing with minimum contract scrubs.

It would surely be the best way to handle it.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 11:29 PM   #12
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

KnicksFan4Life has an OK reputation so far

I'm sure that it would be a good idea for the twolves too. Except they could freeze Garnett and thaw him out in 5 years
KnicksFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 11:31 PM   #13
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm trying to be serious but little ignorant Knick fans come in and start dissing.

If you open your eyes you would realize my suggestion is a good one.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: