Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-14-2006, 11:07 AM   #1
Oakley34
I brick open layups

Oakley34 has an OK reputation so far
Default Worst Trade

I was reading Nene's info and read this trade that NY completed a few seasons ago. Has to be one of the worst trades possible.

New York gets: Antonio McDyess and draft rights to Frank Wiliams
Denver gets: Marcus Camby, Nene and marc jackson.

Camby lead league in blocks last year and Nene is young with potential (but is overpaid).

And then u went on to trade McDyess in the following deal:

Mcdyess Traded by the Knicks along with Howard Eisley, Charlie Ward, Maciej Lampe, the draft rights to Milos Vujanic and two first-round draft picks to the Phoenix Suns in exchange for Stephon Marbury, Anfernee Hardaway and Cezary Trybanski on 1/5/04.

and two first rounders...i mean come on.
Don't mean to make u guys feel bad, but saw these deals and had to tell someone.
Can a knicks fan please tell me if anyone actually believes that Isiah Thomas has done anything good for this franchise and why he hasn't been fired.
Oakley34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 01:01 PM   #2
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakley34
I was reading Nene's info and read this trade that NY completed a few seasons ago. Has to be one of the worst trades possible.

New York gets: Antonio McDyess and draft rights to Frank Wiliams
Denver gets: Marcus Camby, Nene and marc jackson.

That was a Scott Layden trade. McDyess was a all star player but that was a dumbass trade, and add to that one first round pick and one second round pick.

The Marbury trade was a good one... on the paper.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 01:39 PM   #3
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

At the time the trades looked somewhat even on paper, but they blew up on the Knicks like most things do lately. Eddy Curry anyone?
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 02:11 PM   #4
evodeadd
I airball my layups

evodeadd has an OK reputation so far

Yea..that was Layden's move that traded Nene for McDyess.

I hated the trade. I can't stand trading for players who've gone through some type of major surgery...especially knee surgery!

Then he goes and injures himself during the last game of pre-season to go through another major knee surgery...ughh...kick us while we're down.
evodeadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:20 PM   #5
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
At the time the trades looked somewhat even on paper, but they blew up on the Knicks like most things do lately. Eddy Curry anyone?
I don't know man, Camby, Nene and Marc Jackson?
I think Philly would love to get a deal like that one for AI.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:30 PM   #6
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
I don't know man, Camby, Nene and Marc Jackson?
I think Philly would love to get a deal like that one for AI.

I think Layden thought Nene wouldn't amount to anything, Marc Jackson was on a serious decline, so essentially in his mind it was Camby for MacDyess, and he was hoping that Dice would return to old form after surgery, hence the blowing up in his face. And as for the Nene not amounting to anything, he was so wrong for thinking that, I'm not usin it as an excuse for him, just saying that maybe thats what his state of mind was. I think he was one of the worst GM's, at least in recent history.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 12:17 AM   #7
ittybitty814
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ittybitty814 has an OK reputation so far

and im also suprised no one has yet commented on how that pick shouldve and couldve been amare, that pick was 7, amare went 9.
ittybitty814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 12:18 PM   #8
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittybitty814
and im also suprised no one has yet commented on how that pick shouldve and couldve been amare, that pick was 7, amare went 9.
Thank god it wasn't... Amare, Camby and M.Jackson for McDyess would have been a lot worse
Old 07-16-2006, 08:41 PM   #9
ittybitty814
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ittybitty814 has an OK reputation so far

yea but thats the point showing how stupid layden was, also passing on artest for the man whos name cannot be mentioned. lol
ittybitty814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 09:52 PM   #10
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

HALLandOATES has decent reputation

Thas was a pretty bad trade, who did you guys trade Ewing for? or did his contract run out. I forget
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 11:00 PM   #11
23jordan23
Great young streetballer

23jordan23 has an OK reputation so far

Raptors trade was worst of all time ..Vince carter to Nets for Alvin Williams and Eric Williams lol sorry this takes the cake
23jordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 12:08 AM   #12
houselog442
I airball my layups

houselog442 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittybitty814
yea but thats the point showing how stupid layden was, also passing on artest for the man whos name cannot be mentioned. lol

Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis!
Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis!
houselog442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 01:28 AM   #13
jlawdrummer
Serious playground baller

jlawdrummer has an OK reputation so far

The one thing i think the knicks were thinking at that time is that they were very frustrated with all of Camby's injuries...now why they traded for McDyess right after his surgery i'm not sure, but there was a lot of talking and complaining about Camby always getting hurt and how much better the team could've done if he would've stayed healthy.
jlawdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 05:07 PM   #14
huppcap
Local High School Star

huppcap has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23jordan23
Raptors trade was worst of all time ..Vince carter to Nets for Alvin Williams and Eric Williams lol sorry this takes the cake

Certainly not the best trade in the history of the NBA. But you are not going to get the best value for a guy who is whining and not playing to his abilities. He was a suck at the end of his Toronto playing days. The only real good thing about the trade is that it freed up some salary cap room sooner than later. Only player (2005 draft pick) left from the trade is Joey Graham.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 06:46 PM   #15
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by houselog442
lol
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: