Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-01-2007, 08:30 PM   #16
gb8
Extra Cheese

gb8 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Randy's top 5 favorite films

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
The Truman Show
Requiem for a Dream
Good Will Hunting
About a Boy
Memento

yeah.. those are my favorite "real" movies. my favorite "films." but there's a big part of me that really wants to find room for Don't Be a Manace and Idiocracy in there somewhere.

Man I hated requim for a dream I watched it a friends house and the drive back was one of the most depressing moments of our lives. Seriously depressing film that had me wtf is the point.
gb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:35 PM   #17
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas

those are my favorites.

Let me repeat myself.
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:38 PM   #18
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

that list is flawed. wheres high school musical I and II?
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:43 PM   #19
blazerfan22
Retro is in

blazerfan22 has an OK reputation so far

No particular order. This was hard because I like other movies just as well.

Last edited by blazerfan22 : 10-01-2007 at 11:32 PM.
blazerfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:25 PM   #20
imjustlikemusiq
Speak To Me Cleanly

imjustlikemusiq has an OK reputation so far

My favorite movies, not saying theyre the best, but my personal favorites...

1. Do The Right Thing
2. Hoop Dreams
3. Swingers
4. Rounders
5. American Gangster. Haven't seen it yet, LOL, but its going to be BAZILLY.

But to be honest, my favorite genre is romantic comedies... didnt post them because i didnt want to get clowned.
imjustlikemusiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:27 PM   #21
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

1. Menace II Society
2. The 40 Year Old Virgin
3. Remember the Titans
4. Rocky Series
5. 8 Mile
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:44 PM   #22
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

lovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation here

5. 2001: A Space Odyssey

4. Dumb and Dumber

3. The Godfather 2 and 1

2. Rocky 1 3 4 6 2

1. Apocalypse Now
lovethetriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:56 PM   #23
Motown
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Motown has an OK reputation so far

In somewhat of an order:

1. Goodfellas
2. Crash
3. Good Will Hunting
4. Lucky # Slevin
5. Donnie Brasco
Motown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 12:02 AM   #24
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

1) Platoon

Everything else.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 12:13 AM   #25
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My favorite movie of all time..

I enjoy most Russel Crowe films in general.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:26 PM   #26
ISHDiva4eva

1. Dreamgirls
2. Selenaa
3. Junooo
4. Stand and Deliver
5. Step up 2

I love inspirational type movies. Theyy make me feel warm and fuzzyy. Like a nice glass of fresh with Eggnog. It's the holiday season guysss and drink it girl I know you thirstay!
Old 11-17-2008, 03:07 PM   #27
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
5. Close Encounters of the Third Kind

4. Once Upon a Time In the West

3. The Godfather

2. Amadeus

1. 2001: A Space Odyssey

yes, excellent list.

and others with memento, dr.strangelove etc is evidence that there are actually some cultured people on this board.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 03:40 PM   #28
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Nice to see Blood Simple mentioned - a pretty underrated Coen brothers movie. The ending was hysterical.

Let me see... really hard to narrow it down to five movies. All of my favourites are more recent actually. I can appreciate older films, and some of them I do love (like Strangelove, Taxi Driver, etc), but this era of filmmaking is just... more creative. At least in my mind. I'm more of a screenplay/story guy than I am interested in any technical aspects, even though again, I can appreciate them for what they are and the innovations they make.

Very subject to change, and others like Donnie Darko, The Matrix, Strangelove, The Truman Show, Being John Malkovich, Vanilla Sky, O Brother Where Art Thou, ugh there are too many. All of those could easily replace the aforementioned five, and I wouldn't think anything of it. Except Adaptation, I think that has to be in there no matter what.

Quote:
yes, excellent list.

and others with memento, dr.strangelove etc is evidence that there are actually some cultured people on this board.
I just checked out The Fountain based on your recommendation - damn, was that ever a trip. I was sucked completely into the ending, and the last, oh, half an hour of shiny lights and flying through space went by in about a second. Amazing movie, I'm going to rewatch and see if I can put some stuff together upon a second viewing (if there is anything to put together, lol). So many correlations in that movie.

Funny thing was I didn't even realize it was Aronofsky until I was checking out some reviews afterwards. It's definitely my favourite film of his - although it'll be interesting to see if The Wrestler can change that.
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:11 PM   #29
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

glad i could be of service. from your list of favorites you are obviously a fan of high concept films, so no suprise you enjoyed the fountain. rewatching deffinatly helps you put things together better, but there is so much subtext and symbolism that you actually end up with even more to think about.
adaption is a film that i have heard excellent things about and keep meaning to watch.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:14 PM   #30
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My, my how things change. Close Encounters is no longer on there. Godfather at 3? Not anymore.

My "favorites" list for both movies and music are always changing.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: