Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-01-2007, 03:20 PM   #1
Valiant Valor
Banned

Default Enough is enough....ISH's misrepresentation of the Cleveland Cavs has got to stop

Any preseason list without the Cavs in the top-5 is an utter joke.

I mean, it's just outright baseless and egregious to omit the representing Eastern Conference champ outside the top5 teams in the league.

For whoever disagrees, I know what I watched on the TV last June, and that is >>> than any of your misinformed opinions about how the Cavs conducted they're offseason.

Also, speculative bullsh*t about how they "lost" players they haven't really "lost" is getting rather annoying as well. Varajeo and Palovic are restricted free agents, meaning if they ever want to play in the NBA again, they have to do it in a Cavalier uniform, get traded, or sit their asses out the whole season only to come back next year and be, whalla, restricted free agents again.

And regardless, I thought they were "garbage" players anyway? Any time I propose a trade involving these players, people b*tch about how they're no good. But in these pre-season rankings, the same people are using them as an excuse as to why the Cavs shouldn't be ranked over teams they beat in the playoffs?

I don't understand this.

Well, may be I do. I think people are covertly hating on the Cavs in order to back-handily get to LeBron. It's the only thing that makes sense. From downgrading his Finals appearance, to these pre-season rankings, it's pretty obvious the true intentions of ISH.

It's all good, though. This upcoming season, you can be sure I'm keeping all these "hate" posts in a file somewhere to use during the season. If you thought last year was bad, WAIT TILL YOU GET A LOAD OF ME THIS SEASON!!!
Valiant Valor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:26 PM   #2
dawsey6
/thread

Default Re: Enough is enough....ISH's misrepresentation of the Cleveland Cavs has got to stop

Oh Goodness.
dawsey6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:27 PM   #3
Kobe24
Banned

Default Re: Enough is enough....ISH's misrepresentation of the Cleveland Cavs has got to stop

Quote:
If you thought last year was bad, WAIT TILL YOU GET A LOAD OF ME THIS SEASON!!!

Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:28 PM   #4
Dundee
Can barely lace up my sneakers

I agree. The Cavs should be in the top 5. They've made a couple of nice, recent acquistions in Cedric Simmons and Devin Brown.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:30 PM   #5
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Quote:
If you thought last year was bad, WAIT TILL YOU GET A LOAD OF ME THIS SEASON!!!

I bet all we'll hear is crickets, Cleveland are not a top five team come down from your little fantasy world.

SA, Dallas, Phoenix, Houston, Utah are all clearly better...so Cleveland made it to the finals, big deal...did they do anything when they got there? Nope.

They won't make the finals this season, and they might not even be a top 3 team in the east...Chicago, Boston and New Jersey. (Althought NJ gets overrated every season, they do have a nice starting 5)
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:31 PM   #6
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
I think people are covertly hating on the Cavs in order to back-handily get to LeBron.

Actually it is the opposit. People put down his supporting cast and their front office moves which is actually a backhanded compliment to Lebron for getting such a weak crew to the finals.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:32 PM   #7
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles
I bet all we'll hear is crickets, Cleveland are not a top five team come down from your little fantasy world.

SA, Dallas, Phoenix, Houston, Utah are all clearly better...so Cleveland made it to the finals, big deal...did they do anything when they got there? Nope.

They won't make the finals this season, and they might not even be a top 3 team in the east...Chicago, Boston and New Jersey. (Althought NJ gets overrated every season, they do have a nice starting 5)
Cavs and Pistons are better than NJ.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:36 PM   #8
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Quote:
Cavs and Pistons are better than NJ.

Maybe, I just like this lineup a lot:

Magloir
Kristic
Jefferson
Carter
Kidd
Old 10-01-2007, 03:38 PM   #9
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

I don't view the Cavs as one of the five best teams in the league but they do deserve to be ranked as one in preseason list. The Finals appearance has to be worth something.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:41 PM   #10
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Quote:

I don't view the Cavs as one of the five best teams in the league but they do deserve to be ranked as one in preseason list. The Finals appearance has to be worth something.

Everyone SA faced on their way to the finals gave greater resistance then Cleveland did. I don't see how you can put them above Dallas, Phoenix, San Antonio, Utah or Houston...if I was to actually make an in depth power ranking, I would place Cleveland around 8th.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:42 PM   #11
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Crying and complaining is sure going to help.
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:49 PM   #12
shadow
Laker fan here

bummer when I read the header of the topic I thought it was Valiant's farewell thread
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:51 PM   #13
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

Cavs Are The Greatest Franchise Ever !!!!!
And Lebron Is The Greatest Player Ever !!
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:51 PM   #14
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Paul Pierce never gets any respect, you don't see me crying like a school girl.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:56 PM   #15
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

ISH and the general public view Cleveland as a lucky team, who had an easier path to travel to the finals than teams from years past. Its unfourtunate we have that rep. now, but the bottom line is, we still had to go out there, execute the gameplan, and get clutch shots to fall. Teams knew that we are basically a one-man show, and they still couldn't stop the Cavs from winning the east..........
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: