Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-01-2007, 03:56 PM   #16
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Enough is enough....ISH's misrepresentation of the Cleveland Cavs has got to stop

weak supporting cast, best player out of bron was a rookie who played well above his level (can he continue). the team is piecemealed together (Big Z is a detriment to the style of play that would suite bron the best yet he is probably the second best player on the team). Bunch of big contracts for really poor guard play. Sasha and sideshow are effectively not part of the team unless they accept the qualifying offers (and will probably miss training camp even if they do). Lots of weaknesses on the team outside of bron. simple as that.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:58 PM   #17
John Starks
National High School Star

John Starks has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Enough is enough....ISH's misrepresentation of the Cleveland Cavs has got to stop

These ranknings are "power rankings" - which are nonsense. they don't predict standings, more just predicting how well the team did relative to last year.

Cleve is having an awful summer. The Ver/Pav signings sould've been either easy or not at all. They did nothing to improve and now Snow is out with injury.

They had a terrible summer, which explains the drop in "power rankings".
John Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:58 PM   #18
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant Valor
I'm sure you weren't saying that when Kobe was throwing the entire Lakers organization, plus the esteemed LA legacy, under the bus this off-season.

Except I didn't make a thread about it. I simply stopped talking about what Kobe did.

Quote:
Yep, I'm pretty sure you were right there with KobeLamar in the Staples parking lot picketing against the team you root for in favor a of a world-class primadonna and locker room pariah.

Yeah, I'm sure complaing doesn't help

I root for the Lakers, not Kobe Bryant.
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:59 PM   #19
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Any preseason list with the Cavs in the top-5 is an utter joke.

Fixed! :
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:01 PM   #20
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

Optimus Prime has decent reputation

Scary thing is, I actually agree with most of what he said...

Quote:
Any preseason list without the Cavs in the top-5 is an utter joke.

I mean, it's just outright baseless and egregious to omit the representing Eastern Conference champ outside the top5 teams in the league.

For whoever disagrees, I know what I watched on the TV last June, and that is >>> than any of your misinformed opinions about how the Cavs conducted they're offseason.

Also, speculative bullsh*t about how they "lost" players they haven't really "lost" is getting rather annoying as well. Varajeo and Palovic are restricted free agents, meaning if they ever want to play in the NBA again, they have to do it in a Cavalier uniform, get traded, or sit their asses out the whole season only to come back next year and be, whalla, restricted free agents again.

And regardless, I thought they were "garbage" players anyway? Any time I propose a trade involving these players, people b*tch about how they're no good. But in these pre-season rankings, the same people are using them as an excuse as to why the Cavs shouldn't be ranked over teams they beat in the playoffs?

I don't understand this.

Well, may be I do. I think people are covertly hating on the Cavs in order to back-handily get to LeBron. It's the only thing that makes sense. From downgrading his Finals appearance, to these pre-season rankings, it's pretty obvious the true intentions of ISH.

It's all good, though. This upcoming season, you can be sure I'm keeping all these "hate" posts in a file somewhere to use during the season. If you thought last year was bad, WAIT TILL YOU GET A LOAD OF ME THIS SEASON!!!
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:03 PM   #21
DTD
Good High School Starter

DTD has decent reputationDTD has decent reputation

Don't feed the trolls.
DTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:06 PM   #22
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I don't understand this.

Well, may be I do. I think people are covertly hating on the Cavs in order to back-handily get to LeBron. It's the only thing that makes sense. From downgrading his Finals appearance, to these pre-season rankings, it's pretty obvious the true intentions of ISH.

It's all good, though. This upcoming season, you can be sure I'm keeping all these "hate" posts in a file somewhere to use during the season. If you thought last year was bad, WAIT TILL YOU GET A LOAD OF ME THIS SEASON!!!
uh, by calling lebron's team crappier than you want them to, doesn't that just mean that lebron must be even better than you think, since he has to carry this poorly constructed franchise that's not even ranked top 5 in the league? that sounds like the opposite of an attack on lebron. that sounds like an attack against danny ferry. defend him at your peril.

and way to promise retribution against a website editor and bunch of folks posting basketball opinions. retribution through quotes from the off-season. scary.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:10 PM   #23
Valiant Valor
Banned

Valiant Valor has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan
uh, by calling lebron's team crappier than you want them to, doesn't that just mean that lebron must be even better than you think, since he has to carry this poorly constructed franchise that's not even ranked top 5 in the league? that sounds like the opposite of an attack on lebron. that sounds like an attack against danny ferry. defend him at your peril.

and way to promise retribution against a website editor and bunch of folks posting basketball opinions. retribution through quotes from the off-season. scary.
All that is irrelevant. Even if that's the case, LeBron is on the team, so the team should be top 3 or 4, atleast.

Basic principle here.
Valiant Valor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:14 PM   #24
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

Optimus Prime has decent reputation

I hate to side with VV here, but I have to. I just saw on ESPN with their latest NBA Power Poll. They have Houston ranked at 4. HOUSTON. The first round wonders. Who lost to Utah last year. Utah > Detroit? I think not.

Source: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/powerr...n=2008&week=-1

Yes, the Cavs play in the weak Conference, played a decimated Wizards team, a banged up Nets team and a bored Pistons team. But they still won and made it to the Finals. That counts for something.
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:14 PM   #25
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Cleveland isnt even top 5 in the western conference, nevermind the east with the Celtics. Teams better than Cle:

SA
Phx
Boston
Houston
Denver

-----5-----
Utah
Dallas

Teams potentially better than Cle:

Golden State
Chicago

Last edited by picc84 : 10-01-2007 at 04:22 PM.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:17 PM   #26
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
Cleveland isnt even top 5 in the western conference, nevermind the east with the Celtics.

Agreed
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:17 PM   #27
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

Quote:
All that is irrelevant. Even if that's the case, LeBron is on the team, so the team should be top 3 or 4, atleast.

Basic principle here.

Nope. There have been plenty of truly great players that played on bad teams.

Just look at the Bulls during Jordans early years. You wouldn't rank them top 5in the league just because they had Jordan.

Sounds to me like someone needs a pacifier.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:19 PM   #28
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
Yes, the Cavs play in the weak Conference, played a decimated Wizards team, a banged up Nets team and a bored Pistons team. But they still won and made it to the Finals. That counts for something.

It does. it counts as an Eastern Conference champtionship.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:20 PM   #29
Valiant Valor
Banned

Valiant Valor has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
I hate to side with VV here, but I have to. I just saw on ESPN with their latest NBA Power Poll. They have Houston ranked at 4. HOUSTON. The first round wonders. Who lost to Utah last year. Utah > Detroit? I think not.

Source: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/powerr...n=2008&week=-1

Pretty much.

Furthermore, if the Cavs had lost to the Pistons in ECF, do you really think they Cavs would be any lower than they are right now?

Think about that....

Getting to the Finals HAS to equate to something. It just has to.
Valiant Valor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:21 PM   #30
dhenk
Why do you care?

dhenk has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Also, speculative bullsh*t about how they "lost" players they haven't really "lost" is getting rather annoying as well. Varajeo and Palovic are restricted free agents, meaning if they ever want to play in the NBA again, they have to do it in a Cavalier uniform, get traded, or sit their asses out the whole season only to come back next year and be, whalla, restricted free agents again.

Sorry, what do you mean with whalla?

Maybe you have seen some cavs games, but what about the other teams in the east? Most of them improved pretty much, but the cavs are basically the same, crappy team with one superstar...
dhenk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: