Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-01-2007, 09:14 PM   #16
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Amare to undergo another Knee Surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLS
Without the arthroscopic surgery.

After the arthroscopic surgery, he is worse than Yao and Dwight for sure.
players have small procedures all the time that have no adverse effects whatsoever.... if they expect him back in 2 weeks then this is most likely a procedure to clear out a loose pice of tissue floating around in his knee and they take it out now so he won't be hammpered by it down the road...
chances are the reason they are doing this so late is because he probably didn't even know he had something floating around in his knee until recently when the did some normal preseason exam...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:25 PM   #17
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Phew
Good thing I didnt pick him on my fantasy team
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:37 PM   #18
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Whatever it is. It will screw him up in the long run. Because of his initial microfracture
it's on the other knee...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxFanAtBirth
Once you undergo microfracture you never have to go through it again. Ever.
that's actually wrong, as a matter of fact it's not uncommon for it to have to be done at another time down the road, if it happens early in an athletes career... microfrature surgery is not a long term replacement for the original cartilage it replaces...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxFanAtBirth
You need to understand ARTHROSCOPIC SURGERY does not affect your gameplay
ARTHROSCOPIC surgery is the named applied to all surgeries which are done using small inciscions in the skin and the arthroscope viewing tool to perform the surgery, it is consider less invasive then the old fashioned open it wide and see what we can find system. there are varying levels of arthroscopic surgery depending on what is done, knees have been completly rebuilt arthroscopiclly or minor ones like the one amare will have done...once again, it is not a set procedure it is a term for how different procedures are done using the arthroscope
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:31 PM   #19
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

I don't think Amare will be back in 2 or 3 weeks. Raja just had a minor knee procedure done and his recovery was 6 weeks.

And don't forget that when Amare had arthroscopic surgery done the last time, he ended up having microfracture surgery done as well, though they didn't know he needed it at the time. I am scared to wake up tomorrow and possibly see another year will be lost. This is all to similar to the last time.

I don't trust anything I hear in regards to Amare and his knees anymore. I bought too much into all that the first time. This is scary to me.

I feel absolutely sick to my stomach.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:32 PM   #20
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Amare was more athletic.
: yeah sure he was. David Robinson was one of the most incredible athletes to ever play basketball. Just flat out frightening.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:44 PM   #21
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

f.king sucks to see another potentially great one go down. these injuries are the worst. he was destroying duncan's defense and scoring at will on him only a couple years ago.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:46 PM   #22
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
I agree...

You are wrong if you think Robinson is more athletic than prime Amare though. That's just idiotic.
Well then slap me with a giant "I'm an Idiot" sign, because I'm 100% convinced that DRob was more athletic.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:52 PM   #23
The Answer
National High School Star

The Answer has decent reputationThe Answer has decent reputation

Quote:
We are talking about the most athletic C in the history of this game, period.

Amare's clearly athlectically gifted, but he's not even the most athletic center in the NBA, that honor goes to Dwight Howard, let alone in the history of the league.
The Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:57 PM   #24
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

luigi>mario has an OK reputation so far

Is it easier to be athletic at 6'9 than 7'1??? Do you take that into account when you talk about athleticism?
luigi>mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:20 PM   #25
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

xxxSuperStar has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I agree...

You are wrong if you think Robinson is more athletic than prime Amare though. That's just idiotic.
\

Prime Amare? He's 24 years old and hasn't hit his "prime."

I guess you must be referring to his "teenage" years.

Of which, he wasn't close to Robinson, either in his teenage years or his "prime" years. He could jump higher, that's it. But I know jumping higher is why basketball players are better in your book.

Footwork, stamina, b-ball IQ, hand eye, low post moves, running all go to Robinson without a doubt.
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:22 PM   #26
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

ClutchCityReturns has decent reputationClutchCityReturns has decent reputation

Quote:
Amare was more athletic.

In what way, exactly?

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like this has been covered already...
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:31 PM   #27
yeaaaman
Local High School Star

yeaaaman has decent reputationyeaaaman has decent reputation

this really isnt that serious of an operation they are just removing a loose particle, they cut his leg open, remove the particle and let it heal... its not changing the structure of his knee or anything significant, i dont really think there should be much cause for concern ... he should be even better than last year being that he is another year removed from the microfracture surgery that sidelined him for almost the entire 2005-2006 season, again this should not be a great cause for concern just because the word surgery is attached to it
yeaaaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 12:37 AM   #28
Shogon Vendetta
Decent playground baller

Shogon Vendetta has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
What a damn shame. We are talking about the most athletic C in the history of this game, period. You hate being a fan of a player who has top 20 all-time potential, only to see these injuries hindering their careers. T-Mac is the perfect example. Crazy athlete in his prime, and when he was on, ARGUABLY the best scorer in the entire league(yes, arguably better than Kobe). Now that his back is screwed up, you will never see a true prime T-Mac ever again.

You're a ****ing idiot if you think Amare is a C and you're also a ****ing idiot if you think that he's more athletic than Wilt or Shaq, not to mention a host of others. For ****s sake.
Shogon Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 12:38 AM   #29
Shogon Vendetta
Decent playground baller

Forget about all time players throughout history... we currently have an ACTUAL CENTER CURRENTLY IN THE NBA that is WAY more athletic than Amare. Lmao @ your brain.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:46 AM   #30
Shogon Vendetta
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Shogon Vendetta thinks Howard is quicker than Ben Gordon from a 2003 draftexpess profile. Too bad posting a source from 4 years ago only gets you laughed at. Little did he know that his same source listed Kirk Hinrich quicker than TJ Ford in the lane agility drill. I bet he thinks Hinrich is quicker than Ford, because DRAFTEXPRESS SAYS SO!

Dwight Howard has picked Ben Gordon's pocket on the PERIMETER NO LESS THAN TWICE. And that's without him even guarding him. That's just hands. Dwight isn't currently quicker on his feet than Gordon but Dwight has also put on at least 50 lbs since being drafted... to which Gordon can't say the same.

Dwight is as athletic as they come, buddy. If he wasn't the most athletic big in the NBA he might not even have a place in it today. He is way more athletic than Amare and it's not close. Dwight can kiss the rim and hit his head on it every single time he jumps if he wants to. Amare can't do that **** pal.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: