Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-01-2007, 09:55 PM   #1
Dundee
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Dundee has an OK reputation so far
Default Training Camp Faces

I like to look over the training camp rosters every year to see the good undrafted guys, familiar yet forgotten faces, and the possible sleepers.

Here we go.........

Tony Massenburg (Washington), Samaki Walker (Milwaukee), Jelani McCoy (Denver), Darvin Ham (Dallas), and Mateen Cleaves (New Jersey) are trying to get back into the league. They fall under the "familiar yet forgotten" category. Honorable mention goes to Tierre Brown, a D-League Hall of Famer whose had a few cups of coffee here and there over the years. He's in camp with the Warriors.

Trey Johnson (New Orleans), Jamon Gordon (Washington), Mustafa Shakur (Sacramento), Marcus Slaughter (Miami; undrafted from '06), Coby Karl (Lakers), and Brandon Wallace (Boston) are the better undrafted free agents from this past draft (except Slaughter) in camp. Honorable mention goes to Guillermo Diaz of the Clippers. He wasn't undrafted, but he played overseas last year. Interesting prospect.

Gerald Fitch (Detroit), Steven Smith (Atlanta), Jared Newson (Dallas), Anthony Roberson (Denver), Alexander Johnson (Miami), Jared Jordan (Knicks), and J.R. Pinnock (Portland) are the camp sleepers this year. Well, they're my sleepers anyway. They might not all make the team they're in camp with, but I think they'll play well enough to get serious consideration and get their names out there for later on the season when 10-days come around. Honorable mention: Houston has a huge roster right now and a lot of NBA caliber guys. A few them have to get cut, but should be in the NBA.

Of course, I haven't seen every team's training camp roster. I'll edit as I find more out.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: