"Missing layups is good for one thing - turning your fans against you." - Kenny Smith, Crappy NBA 2k7 Commentary
Some random facts I've dug up about the PS2 version for any of you that care:
- Raptors don't have their new home jerseys
- Carmelo lost his signature shot and only has a normal jumper now, for some reason
- Apparently many new sig shots have been added
- There are now signature dunks
- No roles in Association mode
- No dunk contest
- No 3 point contest
- No 2k7
- No Hot Zones
- Iverson's stupid sig shot is still there
- Nash still has long hair
- The gameplay pretty much hasn't changed at all
- AI is a bit smarter
- Mike Miller now has long hair
- Association mode hasn't changed, pretty much at all
- Create a player is still terrible
- Wade still has generic shoes, like the 360 version (2k doesn't have a license with Converse to use the shoe, same with Bosh, etc)
- Can't change a bunch of player shoes
- Can't change player positions
Makes me be ashamed to be a PS2 owner.
Pretty dissapointing.... I played the Xbox 360 version at Bestbuy though and that thing is amazing from the graphics to the game play to the new post moves you can do. I hope the PS3 version is as good as the Xbox one because Im getting my ps3 tommorow
When playing a game in 2k8 it feels different than 2k7 not because of the graphics which I thought would be a more significant change although preety good, but the gameplay is tougher and it was easier to score more points in 2k7, but I guess that's also a good thing. The Slam dunk contest is sweet and so addicting!
It's funny, because every year Live looks like hot stuff before it's released. All this information comes out about how they got rid of all of the bugs, improved the graphics and fixed the gameplay. And their marketing definately works because every year I wonder if this is the year Live becomes a serious alternative to 2k.
But then it comes out and it gets absolutely trashed in the reviews again.
It kind of sucks, because I see Live 08 in the shops right now, but I still have to wait a month for 2k8.