Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 12:31 AM   #1
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

Default I Dont Believe Isiah Did What He Did.

the jury have found thomas to be guilty and all that but i dont believe it. i dont believe he did the things that ugly lady accused him of doing. to sue someone for 10 mil for a sexual harassment is crazy to me. oviously i dont know isiah personally or ever had a talk with him but idk, he dont seem like the type of person to do something like this. he seems like a person with a good heart and a man with alot of integrity. i think at the end of the day that lady is bitter that she got fired. but what get me the most angry about this situation is that this came right before training camp.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:56 AM   #2
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Default Re: I Don't Believe Isiah Did What He Did.

Sorry, but you don't know him.

You weren't there.

But you have an opinion which I respect.

I believe some of the things she said, not all.

There are 2 sides to every story and then there's the truth.

Nobody knows the truth.

Dolan really hurt the case by not showing up, by having his appearance done on tape and looking like a bum. He looked like a guy laying on his couch drinking a beer watching the game.

That gives him zero credibility and I really think that had a lot to do with the decision.

I have seen many things in my life and sexual harassment on the job has been one of them. Not one time, I have witnessed it many times, in both directions. I have seen every kind of bigotry at the work place, gender, sexual orientation, race and religion.

To believe there was none of that in this instance is ignoring some very logical evidence. This woman has no record of anything that might make you think she would make this up. In fact her history is one of achievement and integrity as far as I know.

Can we say that about Thomas and Dolan?
Old 10-03-2007, 01:12 AM   #3
Ben Wogu
Can barely lace up my sneakers

I agree, but at the same time she hasn't lived under the microscope of the media her whole professional career, therefore the only image we have of her is the one she is trying to present... and she was suing for $10 mil, so of course her legal defense is going to attempt present her in a manner that accentuates all of her strengths, and adumbrates any challenges or downfalls she's had as an executive.

I'm just glad this (for the most part - i know MSG is gonna appeal) is over and we can start playing ball. The only way we shut people up is by winning.

Mouths will close by season's end.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:18 AM   #4
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Wogu
I'm just glad this (for the most part - i know MSG is gonna appeal) is over and we can start playing ball. The only way we shut people up is by winning.

Mouths will close by season's end.

word man. i agree 100 percent. i couldnt say it any better. i cant wait for this season to start.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:33 AM   #5
Chuck Thou NBA
That's Turr'ble

Default Re: I Dont Believe Isiah Did What He Did.

the woman is black right?

and shes lying because she is uuuuugly with an ugh before gly. Zeke could do better with his cash.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:05 AM   #6
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Legally proving sexual harassment is very difficult. Isiah Thomas is a former superstar and basketball legend that is the Knicks president and coach.

Consequently, if the jury found for Anucha Brown Sanders -- it is highly likely that Isaiah did what he is accused of -- and more!

You do not know the man or his reputation. He is known to speak softly and have a great smile in public and to be a ruthless individual who will stop at nothing and hurt anyone to realize his goals. At the trial, evidence was presented that Zeke in private is a racist with a disdain for white people and a sexist with little concern for women.

Why was Thomas shunned by his peers and kept off the Dream Team despite his being one of the best players who ever played the game?

Don't be fooled by his public charm and warm smile. People who know him well say he is really a two-faced liar and a cunning evil man who will stop at nothing to get what he wants.

Hopefully now, Thomas will spend less time fooling around with women and more trying to make the Knicks into a playoff team.

Last edited by oldknickfan : 10-03-2007 at 04:08 AM.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:04 AM   #7
Ben Wogu

yes...the Big Bad Evil Isiah...he'll huff, puff and blow your house down......pleeaaaaze....i don't buy all that, and you guys shouldn't be so quick to eat up all that negativity the media dishes out... if you're gonna make the "You do not know the man" behind closed doors argument against Isiah, you could very well do the same in regards to Anucha Browne Sanders... We really don't know anything about these people, so why do people gravitate to the most negative stuff and automatically view it as the truth?

The hate is going to be ridiculous this year (already is), and its going to make winning this year that much sweeter.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:36 AM   #8
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldknickfan
Consequently, if the jury found for Anucha Brown Sanders -- it is highly likely that Isaiah did what he is accused of -- and more!

You do not know the man or his reputation. He is known to speak softly and have a great smile in public and to be a ruthless individual who will stop at nothing and hurt anyone to realize his goals. At the trial, evidence was presented that Zeke in private is a racist with a disdain for white people and a sexist with little concern for women.

Why was Thomas shunned by his peers and kept off the Dream Team despite his being one of the best players who ever played the game?

Don't be fooled by his public charm and warm smile. People who know him well say he is really a two-faced liar and a cunning evil man who will stop at nothing to get what he wants.

Hopefully now, Thomas will spend less time fooling around with women and more trying to make the Knicks into a playoff team.

Check your facts:

In america people get rich by spilling coffee on themselfs, so this outcome isn't a suprise.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:42 AM   #9
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

We don't know the facts, nobody does.

I truly believe she was treated poorly.

Dolan has a history of treating his employees poorly, check your facts.

It's more about Dolan than Isiah.

That's what the verdict says.

Is Zeke a nice guy? No!!!!

Do I believe he hit on her? Yes.

Is Zeke a bigot? Yes.

Isiah is just a guy, he's not perfect and he's not the person he tries to make everybody think he is. Nobody is or could be perfect......

The whole thing falls into Dolan's lap, he is really the bad guy here. Like Nixon was with Watergate, ultimately the buck stops at the person who is in complete charge and control, that is Dolan.

His history and actions support her case, Isiah's actions are a he said, she said thing and almost irrelevant because they cannot be proven. Again it was Dolan's actions that supported the case against them.

Even the Garden's second in command said for Zeke to stop hugging her. So there was something to this. Did he call her a ho and a beetch, maybe, maybe not. Maybe he did once, maybe it was kidding around, we don't know.

But there is evidence that Thomas did cross the line between a male and female in the work place. Again it was Dolan's actions that is much more of an issue and that was supported by the verdict and that chart.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:48 AM   #10
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

James Dollan is a spoiled rich man's son who was given the Knicks as a hobby by his father. JD treats his employees poorly and a Ranger's cheerleader is the next to sue MSG for sexual harassment.

Isaiah Thomas froze Michal Jordan out of an all star game and got blacklisted for the Dream Team as a result. IT bought and bankrupted the CBA league.

MGS gets FREE property tax instead of paying almost $11 million per year because they threatened mayor Koch that they would take the Rangers and the Knicks out of New York. Taxpayers pay the price of giving them a FREE tax ride and reduced electricity costs.

Lets call their bluff NOW. They should be told pay the taxes or get out of town! If they leave, lets bring in some good owners who know how to build and run teams. That is the best and fastest way for NY to get a good basketball team!

Last edited by oldknickfan : 10-04-2007 at 07:51 AM.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:27 PM   #11
Ben Wogu

don't be so foolish about the CBA thing...it's annoying...that league was already nosediving, and 10 feet away from smacking the pavement when he bought it...Nobody could've resurrected that league...he was actually trying to make it a farm system for the NBA, and as soon as he bought it the NBA set up the USBL pretty much killing any chance of that happening.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:46 AM   #12
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Wogu
don't be so foolish about the CBA thing...it's annoying...that league was already nosediving, and 10 feet away from smacking the pavement when he bought it...Nobody could've resurrected that league...he was actually trying to make it a farm system for the NBA, and as soon as he bought it the NBA set up the USBL pretty much killing any chance of that happening.

At best, IT made a bad investment. But, so far after 4 years with the Knicks under Thomas, they have not had a single winning season or even win a single playoff game and are in salary cap hell for the foreseeable future with the NBA's highest payroll -- by far. IT is responsible for most (if not all) of the bad acquisitions and contracts in the past 4 years. Larry Brown, Jerome James, Jarrid Jeffries, Steve Francis -- and many more. Now add $11M+ for sexual harassment. Why does this guy still have a job at MSG?

James Dollan has got to be the world's biggest and richest fool!

Last edited by oldknickfan : 10-05-2007 at 02:49 AM.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:46 AM   #13
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

He's a spoiled little rich boy.

His daddy gave him a toy to play with so it keeps him away from the real family business's.

I'm sure daddy knows his son.

I'm going to lock this thread, I think enough has been said about it.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread