Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-04-2007, 03:52 AM   #31
hotsizzle
Superstar

Default Re: 2002 Kings/Lakers series - Who was the better team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
Kings = better TEAM, and the Lakers got lucky. Not only did the Kings have injuries, but LA got some lucky breaks (Vlade tipping it right to Horry). They were the second best team that season.

Every series has moments like that...sometimes its a crucial turnover, failure to secure a defensive rebound or just missing a free throw. Moments that if they had gone the other way, the other team would have won. Thats the playoffs for you.

I can easily say...Lakers were a better team than Phoenix in 06 playoffs. Phx were just lucky that Marion was in the right spot to grab the rebound and pass it out to Thomas.

Best team always wins
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:41 AM   #32
sick_brah07
National High School Star

some1 explain to me wat is ment by better team, overall better players or better team work, good D and hustling
sick_brah07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:44 AM   #33
sick_brah07
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
Was watching some of the playoff games on nbatv lately. The series went 7 games with LA winning in Sac, but as everyone knows game 6 was pretty bad.

Was Sac the better team because they barely lost game 4 on an Horry buzzer beater in a game they were running away with, got jobbed in game 6, and barely lost an OT game in a game 7 that maybe shouldn't have happened?

Or was LA the better team because they fought back from a huge deficit in game 4 to win, took advantage of home court reffing in game 6, and won a series-deciding game 7 - on the road - with no real ref advantage to either side, in which the Kings choked horribly in OT, at home, which they arguably wouldn't have done if they were truly better, and would have won?

depends wat u mean by better team? better team-work, good team defense? or overall having better players on the team.

in my opinion lakers had better players but the kings worked better as a team
sick_brah07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 05:13 AM   #34
haji_d_robertas
Good High School Starter

Well, the Lakers won. Proving that there is no god.
haji_d_robertas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 06:04 AM   #35
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Ding Ding. Better team always wins. I'll admit game 6 was pretty bad but you cannot discredit everything the Lakers did that series. In the end, they did win 4 out of the 7 games. There was many chances in that series that they could have just folded and lost but they rallied like champions no matter how tough the task was (Being down 20+ in game 4, being down 3-2 in the series, winning game 7 on the road in OT)

See glide, it didnt take long:)

FUC*K YEAH!!!
lovethetriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 06:08 AM   #36
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethetriangle
FUC*K YEAH!!!
So the Spurs fairly beat the Suns last year?
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 06:18 AM   #37
hotsizzle
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
So the Spurs fairly beat the Suns last year?

Spurs were the best team in the NBA last season.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:20 AM   #38
Diesel J
NBA lottery pick

Kings were better...Kings were murdering the Lakers in LA but somehow they let the lead slip in game 3 and then Horry happened to be in the right place at the tight time.If Kings go up 3-1 that series is over but the Kings had game 6 and the refs jerked them that game.That was the biggest travesty of officiating I've ever seen.
Diesel J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 06:29 AM   #39
hotsizzle
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel J
Kings were better...Kings were murdering the Lakers in LA but somehow they let the lead slip in game 3 and then Horry happened to be in the right place at the tight time.If Kings go up 3-1 that series is over but the Kings had game 6 and the refs jerked them that game.That was the biggest travesty of officiating I've ever seen.

you don't "somehow" blow a lead unless the other team is pretty good. Either LA was good enough to fight back from the deficit or Kings weren't good enough to hold onto the lead. Pick one.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:13 AM   #40
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

I think that the Kings were a better team that series, however, I wouldn't put the Lakers' win on the refs. Inspite of game 6, the Kings shot about 20 more freethrows than the Lakers did that series and had games where they shot 20, 13 and 10 more freethrows than the Lakers. The refs were inconsistent that entire series, but people opt to ignore that. In game 5, the Kings shot 10 more free throws than the Lakers with Shaq somehow only shooting 1 free throw the entire game. He played 32 minutes, took 18 shots, but shot 1 free throw... The Lakers lost that game by 1 point. For those who remember, the Lakers made a huge stink about it after that game... At that point in the series, the Lakers had taken 37 fewer free throws than the Kings. In game 3 where the Lakers took 20 fewer free throws, Shaq managed to get 6 free throws. He took 20 shots and had 19 rebounds, but only got to the line 6 times...

The game 6 disparity was mainly a result of Shaq's 17 free throws that game, and you can chalk that up to Shaq only managing to get 1 free throw in game 5, and the stink he and the Lakers made about it.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 08:24 AM   #41
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

the kings were a much better team, i have never seen such a disgusting display of reffing in a playoff series as in game 6. the lakers had to be increadibly lucky, benefit from sac injuries and out right cheat to win the series- wtf was with the blatent hacks and elbows to the face infront of the refs and yet no calls? someone had money on that game theres absoloutly no doubt in my mind it should have been investigated, for the game it was 40 something- 25 in favor of the lakers but in the 4th quater despite the kings killing the lakers the refs somehow managed to keep it close through out with 25+ ft attempts for the filthy cheating lakers, i remember everyone at the time calling conspiricy and it is the most disgusting thing thats evered happned in the history of the nba imo. you really have to see the game to see the combination of no calls for the kings despite pure hacks and phantom calls for la....utterly putrid.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 08:24 AM   #42
poeticism707
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
I think that the Kings were a better team that series, however, I wouldn't put the Lakers' win on the refs. Inspite of game 6, the Kings shot about 20 more freethrows than the Lakers did that series and had games where they shot 20, 13 and 10 more freethrows than the Lakers. The refs were inconsistent that entire series, but people opt to ignore that. In game 5, the Kings shot 10 more free throws than the Lakers with Shaq somehow only shooting 1 free throw the entire game. He played 32 minutes, took 18 shots, but shot 1 free throw... The Lakers lost that game by 1 point. For those who remember, the Lakers made a huge stink about it after that game... At that point in the series, the Lakers had taken 37 fewer free throws than the Kings. In game 3 where the Lakers took 20 fewer free throws, Shaq managed to get 6 free throws. He took 20 shots and had 19 rebounds, but only got to the line 6 times...

The game 6 disparity was mainly a result of Shaq's 17 free throws that game, and you can chalk that up to Shaq only managing to get 1 free throw in game 5, and the stink he and the Lakers made about it.

Vintage Phil Jackson. Always complaining to his favorite conduit, the media, and never taking his lumps like a man.
poeticism707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 08:30 AM   #43
poeticism707
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
the kings were a much better team, i have never seen such a disgusting display of reffing in a playoff series as in game 6. the lakers had to be increadibly lucky, benefit from sac injuries and out right cheat to win the series- wtf was with the blatent hacks and elbows to the face infront of the refs and yet no calls? someone had money on that game theres absoloutly no doubt in my mind it should have been investigated, for the game it was 40 something- 25 in favor of the lakers but in the 4th quater despite the kings killing the lakers the refs somehow managed to keep it close through out with 25+ ft attempts for the filthy cheating lakers, i remember everyone at the time calling conspiricy and it is the most disgusting thing thats evered happned in the history of the nba imo. you really have to see the game to see the combination of no calls for the kings despite pure hacks and phantom calls for la....utterly putrid.

: Too true! Laker basketball at its finest- hack, complain, and win 3 titles in a row. The funny thing is, people have the nerve to complain about the Spurs, who on their collective worst day are not in the same realm of thuggery as the Phil-Shaq-Kobe Lakers. During the Lakers threepeat, the Spurs were allegedly soft. Now they're the America's Most Wanted!!!
Old 10-04-2007, 08:33 AM   #44
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

Oh yeah, the Lakers FO incompetence already started at that time.
They were just lucky to have Kobe and Shaq.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 08:44 AM   #45
poeticism707
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWay
Oh yeah, the Lakers FO incompetence already started at that time.
They were just lucky to have Kobe and Shaq.

Agreed. Very astute reasoning.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: