Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-20-2006, 03:41 PM   #1
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Banks to Suns

Looks like marcus banks is going to be a sun...anyone think we shouldve signed this guy? i think we shouldve pulled off some trades to free up cap for him...he only making 21 mil over 5 years and hes got a ton of upside...and now hes with the suns which makes them much more deadly...i think the past few years..nash has been the suns only point guard making him play way too many minutes...now with banks..they have nash and a reliable backup...barbosa was used as a back up but he's more of a combo guard and house wasnt a point guard...i think the suns are going to be giving the whole NBA a lot to handle...they are looking very good..well at least we have shammond williams
ihatetimthomas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 03:58 PM   #2
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

I'm always worried about players who perform well during their contract year. Mike James had a huge year last season, but he was playing for a huge payday contract. The same goes with Marcus Banks. I think we're set at pg.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 04:01 PM   #3
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by traditionone
I'm always worried about players who perform well during their contract year. Mike James had a huge year last season, but he was playing for a huge payday contract. The same goes with Marcus Banks. I think we're set at pg.

what do you mean by set? you think having smush, sasha williams, and farmar is set? I think we are just settling for the pg situation we have and it isnt a really good situation...lots of inexperienced players...this is the position i worry about the most becasue it always seems like we are getting burned by point guards...
Old 07-20-2006, 04:07 PM   #4
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
what do you mean by set? you think having smush, sasha williams, and farmar is set? I think we are just settling for the pg situation we have and it isnt a really good situation...lots of inexperienced players...this is the position i worry about the most becasue it always seems like we are getting burned by point guards...

Smush will have a better year. Last season was a great learning experience for him. If he can be a more consistent outside shooter and improve his perimeter defense, then he can hold the position till Farmar is ready to take over. And he is in his contract year, so you know he'll play the best he can because he'll want a nice contract next summer.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 04:08 PM   #5
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

banks wouldnt have fit in and gotten some minuteswith the other 999,999,999 guards we have
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 04:13 PM   #6
ggnehm
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ggnehm has an OK reputation so far

I think we will all be surprised by farmar he is having a great summer and MK has said that he seems to naturally understand the triangle which is very impressive since it is a confusing offence for most players.
ggnehm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 05:42 PM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Smush

I think Smush needs to focus on playing HIS game more.

Yeah he can occasionally hit some threes when hes hot but honestly when he kept missing he started sucking in every other category.

When I say his game I mean DUNK the **** outta the rim, Drive in post up smaller gaurds like he did on nash a few times in the playoffs. Inside scoring is how we came to know the guy.

Im not saying stop completely shooting threes I am saying Play smart. Noone Is gonna hit threes all day.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 06:01 PM   #8
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Some of his game is good. He's really aggressive when he starts driving to the basket. Crowd goes crazy when they see him dunk. He has CRAZZZZZZy dunks. He should improve his shoting and passing skills. Things you need to be a PG.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:24 PM   #9
OliverThizz
I airball my layups

OliverThizz has an OK reputation so far

If you actually run down all of the teams in the Western Conference, there are not too many that can say that they actually have a better point guard than Smush. Ok, you have Phoenix, obviously. Sacramento has Bibby, who I would rank ahead of Smush. San Antonio has Parker and his value is arguable. So, where does that leave us. The Clippers have Cassell, who at the moment I would rank above Smush, but hes getting older and wont be around much longer. However, Livingston will be a force soon. Golden State has Baron Davis, who i honestly believe is almost identical to Smush. The Hornets have Chris Paul, who is amazing. Memphis is up in the air for next year. Houston has Rafer Alston, who is a lot like Smush as well. Dallas has Jason Terry who is more of a combo guard and Devin Harris plays the point as well, but Id rank Smush above him as well. Denver has Andre Miller, who some games looks elite and other games completely sucks. Minnesota now has Mike James, who before last season was unheard of. I think Smush could have had a similar season to his if he played in Toronto. Portland did have Sebastian Telfair but now that hes gone there up in the air, though it looks like they are gonna have Brandon Roy run point. They still have Jarrett Jack but he is not better than Smush at this point. Seattle has Luke Ridnour, who is decent at times, but Id take Sush ahead of him. Lastly, Utah has Deron Williams, who has a lot of potential, but I would prefer Smush at this point as well. Now, I know this list is subject to opinion, but Smush can hold his own with a lot of the Western conferences guards.
OliverThizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 06:29 PM   #10
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

Oliver, you just gave a whole list of Western PGs who are clearly better than Smush.
Next year we will address the PG issue (or this season by trading Mihm).
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 06:31 PM   #11
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

why dont we trade a PG and Mihm instead of Mihm, if we have a PG problem
Old 07-20-2006, 06:33 PM   #12
OliverThizz
I airball my layups

Well, it is subject to opinion and I reallize a lot of people will disagree. I think Smush has a lot of potential and I tried to give an honest assessment of the guards. I think he should have a solid year this year.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:35 PM   #13
OliverThizz
I airball my layups

I do believe Mihm is expendable. His injury hasnt come along very well and we still may be able to get someone valuable for him considering that the league is short on solid centers.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:33 PM   #14
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
Oliver, you just gave a whole list of Western PGs who are clearly better than Smush.
Next year we will address the PG issue (or this season by trading Mihm).

I agree with you....all the guards he listed seem to be better than smush...everyone loves him becasue he can thrown down thatmonster dunk...but thats not going to win games...he has potential but if you want to win a title, your starting point guard cant be a player who hasnt achieved their potential yet which is why i believe he would be a great backup to a veteran point guard...im not smush hating but i call it as i see it and i dont see smush taking us to that title at this stage of his career...i think his stats are somewhat deceiving becasue he would have one monster game and then dissappear the next 2 games...making his avg look ok but its not a consistent avg...
Old 07-20-2006, 08:11 PM   #15
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
I agree with you....all the guards he listed seem to be better than smush...everyone loves him becasue he can thrown down thatmonster dunk...but thats not going to win games...he has potential but if you want to win a title, your starting point guard cant be a player who hasnt achieved their potential yet which is why i believe he would be a great backup to a veteran point guard...im not smush hating but i call it as i see it and i dont see smush taking us to that title at this stage of his career...i think his stats are somewhat deceiving becasue he would have one monster game and then dissappear the next 2 games...making his avg look ok but its not a consistent avg...

Well it wasnt his dunks that helped us win games (even tho it adds 2 pts)

The man just knows how to defend well, Hit open jumpers, Drive and dish also.

Dont tell me he cant pass I saw him on some breaks this year and he gave some good passes to LO and KB8. He averaged about 4 assists on the season so it wasnt just his flashiness that actually got us to the playoffs. the man played well. thats all there is to it.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: