Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-20-2006, 08:15 PM   #16
Lakerfan
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Lakerfan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
I agree with you....all the guards he listed seem to be better than smush...everyone loves him becasue he can thrown down thatmonster dunk...but thats not going to win games...he has potential but if you want to win a title, your starting point guard cant be a player who hasnt achieved their potential yet which is why i believe he would be a great backup to a veteran point guard...im not smush hating but i call it as i see it and i dont see smush taking us to that title at this stage of his career...i think his stats are somewhat deceiving becasue he would have one monster game and then dissappear the next 2 games...making his avg look ok but its not a consistent avg...

Seem to be? That's how far down the pg totem pole we are. The bottom. Banks for 21 mil and is young, upside, and plays this thing called defense. So now with Nash torching the Lakers on almost empty he gets a back up who can EASILY start over the Lakers pg. Yeah great future.

The Lakers need a PG and PF that play defense. Again repeat, a PG and a PF that play Defense. The backup pg's would NEVER starts anywhere else. The celtics were rumored to want to trade Sasha for Banks straight up. That would be a steal. Now Phoenix has one upped us again and they aren't even on a basketball court!

If the Lakers make the playoffs with this squad and the rapid improving West, then Phil deserves coach of the year and Kobe should be MVP candidate again. Bench scrubs posing as starters will not win a ring no matter how great a player Kobe is. Just a little talent, is that so much to ask for?
Lakerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:21 PM   #17
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakerfan
Seem to be? That's how far down the pg totem pole we are. The bottom. Banks for 21 mil and is young, upside, and plays this thing called defense. So now with Nash torching the Lakers on almost empty he gets a back up who can EASILY start over the Lakers pg. Yeah great future.

The Lakers need a PG and PF that play defense. Again repeat, a PG and a PF that play Defense. The backup pg's would NEVER starts anywhere else. The celtics were rumored to want to trade Sasha for Banks straight up. That would be a steal. Now Phoenix has one upped us again and they aren't even on a basketball court!

If the Lakers make the playoffs with this squad and the rapid improving West, then Phil deserves coach of the year and Kobe should be MVP candidate again. Bench scrubs posing as starters will not win a ring no matter how great a player Kobe is. Just a little talent, is that so much to ask for?

So you are telling me they have no talent? Team defense is what teams need to win. and Phil is good at teaching that. How did phoenix 1 up us? do u expect them to play Banks and Nash at the same time? I mean Eddie house left and he is a way better Shooter than Marcus. I dont see Marcus being a huge impact on phoenix. and they lost tim thomas while we gained Radmanovic and our players are getting better by the day practically. WHEN the lakers make the playoffs it should come to no surprise to you whatsoever or to anyone other team. this is a dangerous team especially since they are finally grasping the concept of the triangle. Any team that is well coached On offense and Defense Regardless of talent are the ones that usually make the playoffs.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:59 PM   #18
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think we have talent...just not as much as the better teams in the league...and i do believe banks will make the suns very deadly...they have a reliable backup in banks something they havnt had in past years...the suns also have kurt thomas back, a solid defensive presence....they will have amare back...and its not like their players are not getting better either with barbosa and diaw. I hate to say it because i hate what they did to us last year but I really think the suns will be in the west finals again this year...they have the talent, experience, and players with potential to be a great team... they are going to have the same game they had last year but they will have more of an inside presence in amare and thomas...lakers will make the playoffs this year...the real question is how far they will get and who they will be facing in hte 1st round
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 09:21 PM   #19
Lakerfan

Lakerfan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I think we have talent...just not as much as the better teams in the league...and i do believe banks will make the suns very deadly...they have a reliable backup in banks something they havnt had in past years...the suns also have kurt thomas back, a solid defensive presence....they will have amare back...and its not like their players are not getting better either with barbosa and diaw. I hate to say it because i hate what they did to us last year but I really think the suns will be in the west finals again this year...they have the talent, experience, and players with potential to be a great team... they are going to have the same game they had last year but they will have more of an inside presence in amare and thomas...lakers will make the playoffs this year...the real question is how far they will get and who they will be facing in hte 1st round

That's the problem..who they will be facing in the first round. The question should be can they get past the second round? With this squad Laker fans ask the former. Not a good sign when the Lakers spent almost 32 million and can't even fathom the second question.
Lakerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 10:19 PM   #20
OliverThizz
I airball my layups

OliverThizz has an OK reputation so far

I like Banks, but I think he would have been a better fit somewhere other than Phoenix. He doesn't fit well in there system and he may even slow the game down when Nash is on the bench.
OliverThizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 03:01 AM   #21
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverThizz
I like Banks, but I think he would have been a better fit somewhere other than Phoenix. He doesn't fit well in there system and he may even slow the game down when Nash is on the bench.

i think hes actually a great fit for them...i saw a few games of him on the wolves and he works well on the run...hes quick, athletic, and can pass the ball...not to mention he has tenacious D
Old 07-21-2006, 04:04 PM   #22
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
i think hes actually a great fit for them...i saw a few games of him on the wolves and he works well on the run...hes quick, athletic, and can pass the ball...not to mention he has tenacious D

Is he actually like a lock down defender? I seen him with sime nice offense but defense is usually overlooked.
Old 07-21-2006, 04:08 PM   #23
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Is he actually like a lock down defender? I seen him with sime nice offense but defense is usually overlooked.

when he came in the league he was known for his defense...his quickness allows him to stay in front of quick point guards...he's not the best defender but i htink if we had him defending nash...it would help a lot becasue hes quick, young, and he doesnt take as many chances as smush does on D
Old 07-21-2006, 05:40 PM   #24
ggnehm

ggnehm has an OK reputation so far
Default Smush will be fine

Let’s not forget Smush came in last summer and impressed the staff enough to earn that starting spot on the team over former 6th man Mckie (who was not hurt till later in the session so they could have started him over Smush if they wanted). Also before last year Smush was in the minors so what he was able to do for us on the floor in the pro’s was remarkable since that was really kind of like his rookie session it was his 1st full session as a pro he is only going to improve on last years performance. Then we got Farmar who is great, a home town UCLA kid who MK has said from his summer league play that he seems to already know the triangle which is a good thing for us. I think we have a good chance at making a strong run this year with what we have now I know some think I’m crazy and that’s cool but it will be yr 2 of the triangle and I like the old saying practice makes perfect + AB is having a great summer league a side from maybe a game or 2. 1 game he dropped 24-26 pts and pulled down 15 boards . I love the kid I think he will be a great center. I can only hope he gets some more playing time this year. Have a great weekend. “GO LAKERS”
ggnehm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 03:32 AM   #25
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Default Im having a thought here.

Maybe when we came to sign Turiaf, We should have kept Profit before hand and waived Mckie instead because in the end of the days, Profit is younger than Mckie by a long shot but also knows how to dictate the offense.

Some of you are going to argue and say "we waived slava at the time it doesnt make a difference"

but honestly I am just saying I would have waived an injured Mckie insteada Profit.
Old 07-22-2006, 04:25 AM   #26
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Maybe when we came to sign Turiaf, We should have kept Profit before hand and waived Mckie instead because in the end of the days, Profit is younger than Mckie by a long shot but also knows how to dictate the offense.

Some of you are going to argue and say "we waived slava at the time it doesnt make a difference"

but honestly I am just saying I would have waived an injured Mckie insteada Profit.

but profit was done for the season..they were probably hoping mckie would at some point be healthy enough to play...
Old 07-22-2006, 11:36 PM   #27
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
but profit was done for the season..they were probably hoping mckie would at some point be healthy enough to play...

Yeah but if u look at it, even when mckie was playing I think he only scored 2 points in his over all return.

At least we could have resigned profit after that.
Old 07-23-2006, 12:42 AM   #28
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Not only was Profit done for the season, he could be done for his career. I think the Lakers made the right choice by waiving him, even though McKee basically did not contribute at all.

As I said before, I do hope Profit gets a chance to compete for a spot on the team in Training Camp!
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 01:31 AM   #29
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Yeah but if u look at it, even when mckie was playing I think he only scored 2 points in his over all return.

At least we could have resigned profit after that.

i think he wouldve been a free agent after this season anyway so we'd have as good a chance as anyone
Old 07-24-2006, 12:14 AM   #30
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Thonkoboy are u a laker fan or not?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: