Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Orlando Magic Forum

Orlando Magic Forum Orlando Magic forum - Orlando Magic message board

Old 07-19-2006, 01:11 AM   #1
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool
Default JJ and Darko

Everyone talks about Dwight/Jameer as the 1 - 2 punch in Orlando. I think it will work well because of Jameers ability to get to hoop and dish to Dwight but I am looking just as much to watch Darko devlope his post game and need to be doubled and his ability to hit the 18 - 20 foot shot which will allow him to to play the screen and roll with Jameer and JJ. I think Darko and JJ will either be able to grow together or both will be huge busts. With JJ's lack of athletism he will be very happy to have a shot blocker like Darko behind him. I see these two players as the 2 biggest stars the Magic could have. I think Dwight and Jameer are both good and could get an all star level but i think Darko and JJ could be All NBA type players. Am I completly off or could i be on to something.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:50 AM   #2
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

dwight howard could be the next moses malone IMO, it's a little early I know, but I'm saying 5-10 years down the line. They do have 4 really good young players for the future. Next year they could look for a top flight SF to complete their starting 5, they will have a lot of cap room in '07.
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 07:29 PM   #3
Raildog
I airball my layups

Raildog has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobica
Darko will ask for a max contract???

he shouldnt!

i dont think Redick will be All NBA... I like his game but I dont see the ceiling being so high!

I think he will be something similar to Rip Hamilton...
Raildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 04:25 PM   #4
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

they will be a killer duo
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 11:04 PM   #5
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller

Kiss Murder has no real reputation yet.
Lightbulb Easy now, Easy

I really like Darko's chances in being a great player..Alot of potential and hopefully can pan out. I just want to see him get some playing time for phucks sakes.
Kiss Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 05:14 PM   #6
Markarian
I brick open layups

Markarian has an OK reputation so far

Yeah i don't see either of them ever being all nba but i think they will both be two very good players, cant wait for the season to start!
Markarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 10:16 PM   #7
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

What is with all this talk of how Darko is so good? What has he done in his career so far? Oh yeah ride the pine. Thats really good.:rollingeyes: JJ will have a solid career but no way will he be 1st team NBA. That is just dumb to think that.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 01:50 AM   #8
benisjamin33
I airball my layups

benisjamin33 has an OK reputation so far

JJ Reddick will be the next steve kerr, with having a point gaurd that can slash and throw off the defense and have a big man that screams double team JJ will have open looks but he doesnt have the stamina like hamilton and reggie miller had or have to be a good as them at using screens. All he will be is jumper kind of guy who will get open looks and at best put up an average of 15 point a game (not his rookie or sophmore year but when he develops)
benisjamin33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 05:44 AM   #9
scp2071
Can barely lace up my sneakers

scp2071 has an OK reputation so far
Cool JJ and his partner kila J

Man JJ is going to help this team out alot. i think he has a great chane at rookie of the year . He's better than morrison and his kila J is going to be great AND i think that hes going to make the most 3's ever by a rookie then he is going to break other beyond the arc records.
scp2071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 09:41 AM   #10
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

Quote:
I think he will be something similar to Rip Hamilton...

only shooting 10 times better!!!
wally_world is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 02:17 PM   #11
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

I don't know about them being All NBA. I think that is quite a bit of a reach. But no doubt the talent is there. Dwight Howard/Darko could be a potentially legendary duo. Darko is still learning, but I think Dirk comparison's should still be made. Dwight is a monster down low and will do all the dirty work. I love this 1-2 punch. It's like Kevin Garnett or David Robinson having Dirk playing next to him. We haven't seen a combination of two players down low with the potential to be this great since perhaps Ralph Sampson and Hakeem Olajuwon. Magic fans should be very excited about the future.