Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-05-2007, 12:35 PM   #61
Batchoy
Decent playground baller

Batchoy has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: If Kobe had more patience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles
I said I don't recall him coming out and saying it to the media that he wanted Shaquille gone, I heard all the speculations and what not. Shaquille was the only player that came to the media and said he wanted an extension. Read the article I posted, it was during the off-season I believe.

All I'm asking is for an article that would back up your claim of Kobe actually coming out and saying it to the media/LA front office..."Trade Shaquille or I'm gone." And yeah I've heard all the rumors and specalutions that Kobe was going to leave if Shaquille was staying, but the only threat that was actually said in the media regarding their respectavie departures was from Shaq.
You must not have been really into The Lakers 3 years ago. You want some sort of physical evidence that Kobe actually wanted Shaq gone. Come on! Even casual Laker fans knew what was going to happen. The situation with Kobe and Shaq had deteriorated to the point of either him or me. If you didn't/can't see that, then why bother asking for your opinion. Kobe held all the cards regarding his free agency. He didn't have to or need to say anything. Everyone knew the situation with him and Shaq. Do you not recall how much they hated each other then?

Quote:
Are you a Laker fan?
I read your post stressing about how Kobe ruined the dynasty, but if you are a Laker fan like I am...then you should also be stressing about how lazy and unmotivated Shaquille was during his finals years in LA. How he constantly was sidelines due to his big toe, amont other numerous nagging injuries. Mostly because he wasn't in shape, and really did not to change that.
And did you realize that a "lazy and unmotivated" Shaq led The Lakers to a Western Conference Finals and an NBA Finals? And that lazy, out of shape, unmotivated, aging Shaq helped give Miami a Championship?

And, no, I am not a Laker fan. I'm just a band wagon fan who cheered for The Lakers from 1980 to 2004. I consider myself a ronin. Wandering the NBA landscape until Kobe leaves The Lakers.
Batchoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 12:42 PM   #62
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Los Angeles has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
And did you realize that a "lazy and unmotivated" Shaq led The Lakers to a Western Conference Finals and an NBA Finals? And that lazy, out of shape, unmotivated, aging Shaq helped give Miami a Championship?

Key word is helped, Wade carried that team in the finals...yeah he was a big piece to the puzzle, something Kobe would have been on any team. Shaquille's situation was a lot more promising after the trade, period.

Care to explain how you feel about Shaquille playing a total of 99 games since that season? How good would the Lakers have been right now with Shaquille missing half the season while banking in 30 mill.

Quote:

No need to get offended, it was a simple question with no intention of inuslting you.

Quote:
Everyone knew the situation with him and Shaq. Do you not recall how much they hated each other then?

I'm not concentrating so much on who was in the wrong over that whole fiasco...I'm just explaining to you why I think LA made the right choice by keeping Kobe, simple as that.
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 01:04 PM   #63
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I said I don't recall him coming out and saying it to the media that he wanted Shaquille gone, I heard all the speculations and what not
well there was an interview where kobe really blasts shaq and in it he makes reference to his opting out and shaq being one of the reasons he'd leave....

Quote:
GRAY: Kobe, Shaq said if you didn't like what he had to say you can opt out and leave next season. Will you leave the Lakers?

BRYANT: I won't make that decision until the end of the season. I told Shaq last year that I was planning on opting out. He knew before anyone. I told him out of respect for what we have been through together. I thought he should be the first to know. The fact that he acts like this is such a big shock is a mystery to me. If leaving the Lakers at the end of the season is what I decide, a major reason for that will be Shaq's childlike selfishness and jealousy.

so add that up then his silence in the spring and you can see where a person whould think that Kobe certainly could have done/said something to keep Shaq on the Lakers had he wanted to do so

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1648431
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 02:42 PM   #64
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hmmmm...

Kobe and the Big Guy just couldn't co-exist any more.
Kobe has his ego and Shaq just lack the passion in LA to stay fit with his poor work ethic a$$.

But if Kobe didn't have such the ego (then he wouldn't be the great player he is IMO) and was patient...then maybe just maybe the Lakers would of won one or two more...and Shaq would be playing Kobe's sidekick.

Thats what we Laker fans all wanted...and really back in 02 thats what we expected.

But nope...they both had to f*ck it up for us. Oh well.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 02:46 PM   #65
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Knoe Itawl has not been impressing people

The crazy thing to me is how cult like Laker fans sound when they parrot the same talking points about O'Neal in order to demonize him.........he was "fat" and out of shape.

The same O'Neal who was a driving force behind 6 Finals trips, including the MVP for 3 straight title teams, lead the Lakers to another Finals (that Kobe sucked in in case I haven't made that clear enough) and was the second best player on another title team. Also, had Wade not got injured against the Pistons that year, there was a real possibility of it being 7 Finals trips.

And they're going to knock him for being "fat" and "unmotivated" given that kind of record? Sheer nonsense and a Fox News way of trying to downplay O'Neal.

I'd take Shaq's career in a heartbeat over "motivated and fit" Kobe Bryant any day. Only a fool wouldn't.

Last edited by Knoe Itawl : 10-05-2007 at 02:50 PM.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:44 PM   #66
DLeagueWannabe
a softer side

DLeagueWannabe has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
The crazy thing to me is how cult like Laker fans sound when they parrot the same talking points about O'Neal in order to demonize him.........he was "fat" and out of shape.

The same O'Neal who was a driving force behind 6 Finals trips, including the MVP for 3 straight title teams, lead the Lakers to another Finals (that Kobe sucked in in case I haven't made that clear enough) and was the second best player on another title team. Also, had Wade not got injured against the Pistons that year, there was a real possibility of it being 7 Finals trips.

And they're going to knock him for being "fat" and "unmotivated" given that kind of record? Sheer nonsense and a Fox News way of trying to downplay O'Neal.

I'd take Shaq's career in a heartbeat over "motivated and fit" Kobe Bryant any day. Only a fool wouldn't.

Why can't you deal why Kobe love?

Why does praise for Bryant hurt you so much?
DLeagueWannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 04:15 PM   #67
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Knoe Itawl has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLeagueWannabe
Why can't you deal why Kobe love?

Why does praise for Bryant hurt you so much?

Why do you follow me around all the time?

Why do you care whether I like Bryant or not? Is he your God? If he's not your God, then why does it matter to you?

Why can't you accept the fact that not everyone is going to love your favorite player?

Why can't you accept the fact that on a basketball message board, people are going to DEBATE basketball, even if that means criticizing players at times?
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 10:08 AM   #68
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Like Kobe was the only one at fault in their whole feud. Please, Shaq had just as big as part in their relationship as Kobe did.
Kobe Bryant, on the night of his arrest, told cops in Colorado that O'Nealhad been paying off women for sex. I'd say he was miles out of bounds for gong there. A lot of guys, in O'Neal's position, would have beaten the hell out of him.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 10:48 AM   #69
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
Why do you follow me around all the time?

Whenever you participate in a thread about Kobe and Knoe is doing his usual crap, he says this...

The real question is, is Knoe really capable of contributing content to this forum beyond just bashing Kobe Bryant?

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 11:24 AM   #70
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Whenever you participate in a thread about Kobe and Knoe is doing his usual crap, he says this...

The real question is, is Knoe really capable of contributing content to this forum beyond just bashing Kobe Bryant?
Whether youlike him or not, Knoe knows the NBA. Does he hav an agenda? Probably...but most of the poters on the board have an agenda. His just happens to be against a player you like. Sholdn't let that blind you to the obvious fact that Knoe knows ball. If he didn't he wouldn't be nearly as effective. The guy's no PleezeBelieve.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 11:42 AM   #71
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Los Angeles has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Sholdn't let that blind you to the obvious fact that Knoe knows ball. If he didn't he wouldn't be nearly as effective. The guy's no PleezeBelieve.

He goes way beyond the threshold of reason...and he tends to always make stuff up.

Example: "If Kobe was the best player of all-time, would he be better then...?"
He's really obnoxious, does he know basketball? Yes, because I tend to agree with him when he doesn't go over board...but it's a nature of a Laker fan to dislike this guys view on games...not only does he ignore everything good Kobe does for this league, he constantly makes up crap when someone has a point...and goes the other direction.

I learned what he's all about on this message board, mainly bashing Kobe...so I simply ignored him, no offense to him...I think it'll benefit me more if I just not get involved with these redundant Kobe arguments.
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: