Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Seattle SuperSonics Forum

Seattle SuperSonics Forum Seattle Supersonics message board - sonics fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2006, 04:27 PM   #136
KnicksFan4Life
Banned
 
KnicksFan4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: David Wright is for real
Posts: 384
Default

I'd have to go with J-Kidd. He plays good D, gets points, assists, AND rebounds
KnicksFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 04:55 PM   #137
Glove_20
The Expert
 
Glove_20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
I don't understand the point of this thread. The OP just did it to defend Payton? That's ridiculous. If you know the answer to your question (atleast your own answer), what's the point?
Many threads are made like this...
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 04:57 PM   #138
Glove_20
The Expert
 
Glove_20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Life
I'd have to go with J-Kidd. He plays good D, gets points, assists, AND rebounds
Payton gets

Points, assists, plays good D, and rebounds too...

Whats your point...

One of Payton's Years was

24.2ppg
8.9apg
6.5rpg

While being on All-Defensive 1st...

That stat line is better than any of Kidd's...
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 05:01 PM   #139
Ricardo Tubbs
High School JV MVP
 
Ricardo Tubbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Miami
Posts: 213
Default

This Glove20 fellow is clearly retarded beyond belief.

32% from 3? That's just plain bad. Not "mediocre," not "decent," just bad.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/statis...r=true&split=0

Anyways, the proper answer is that GP is the better overall player, but it is easier to build around a guy like Kidd, so I would take Kidd.

Also, refer to exhibit A:
Ricardo Tubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 05:51 PM   #140
Glove_20
The Expert
 
Glove_20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo Tubbs
This Glove20 fellow is clearly retarded beyond belief.

32% from 3? That's just plain bad. Not "mediocre," not "decent," just bad.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/statis...r=true&split=0

Anyways, the proper answer is that GP is the better overall player, but it is easier to build around a guy like Kidd, so I would take Kidd.

Also, refer to exhibit A:
A:

We are talking about PGs...Not whole teams...Generally, SGs are better than PGs at 3s...And that lists includes SGs...Soo that lists gives a boost to everyone...


B:
FOR THE LAST TIME...

I said he shot around 32%-34%...And I just checked, in his prime he shot 33% from behind the arc...Not 32%...

C: That list is talking about whole teams...

You didn't even factor in how many he made...He LED THE LEAGUE IN 3pt FGs...Understand that? And generally when you shoot a lot of 3s, your % drops too...

And
Suddenly the League Leader in 3pt FGs is BELOW AVERAGE? I mean, average, maybe, but BELOW AVERAGE...

Please, that just makes me laugh hearing that...




So you and your list were a total waste...
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 06:03 PM   #141
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1
 
AppleNader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,307
Default




Last edited by AppleNader : 07-22-2006 at 06:05 PM.
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 06:27 PM   #142
SixerFan03
High School JV MVP
 
SixerFan03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20
And
Suddenly the League Leader in 3pt FGs is BELOW AVERAGE? I mean, average, maybe, but BELOW AVERAGE...

The next year Antoine Walker made 221 threes shooting 36.7%. Also, two years of Payton's prime ('95 and '96) were with the shorter 3-point arc.

Payton was still a good 3-point shooter. Nothing amazing. And people really shouldn't bring up 3-point shooting when trying to help Kidd.
SixerFan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 06:29 PM   #143
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here
 
Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brighton, MA
Posts: 20,795
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20
A:

We are talking about PGs...Not whole teams...Generally, SGs are better than PGs at 3s...And that lists includes SGs...Soo that lists gives a boost to everyone...


B:
FOR THE LAST TIME...

I said he shot around 32%-34%...And I just checked, in his prime he shot 33% from behind the arc...Not 32%...

C: That list is talking about whole teams...

You didn't even factor in how many he made...He LED THE LEAGUE IN 3pt FGs...Understand that? And generally when you shoot a lot of 3s, your % drops too...

And
Suddenly the League Leader in 3pt FGs is BELOW AVERAGE? I mean, average, maybe, but BELOW AVERAGE...

Please, that just makes me laugh hearing that...




So you and your list were a total waste...
This is pathetic.

A: SG's aren't the only ones factoring into three-point percentage, you also have power forwards and centers. And if you knew anything about bball you would know that point guards are normally amongst a team's best shooters.

B: His career average is 32%. If you want to set a real range then you have to say he went from 8% to 34%, as 8% is his true career-low (as a rookie). He didn't even manage 30% until his 5th season. You're not fooling anyone, we can all check him out on NBA.com. Cut the bull**** already.

C: Leading the league in 3pters means jack **** when you're shooting 34% on them, which only makes you a tolerable 3-pt shooter. I'll say it again: So did Antoine.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 06:30 PM   #144
Glove_20
The Expert
 
Glove_20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixerFan03
The next year Antoine Walker made 221 threes shooting 36.7%. Also, two years of Payton's prime ('95 and '96) were with the shorter 3-point arc.

Payton was still a good 3-point shooter. Nothing amazing. And people really shouldn't bring up 3-point shooting when trying to help Kidd.
No this is a different arguement


We were discussing if 3pt shooting is a weakness of Payton or not?



I can't believe these people are still after my statement...Payton is the only PG without a weakness...

And yeah...like you said, Payton was a "good" 3pt shooter...

I am saying just a little average to above average...


And these other posters, think 3pt shooting is a WEAKNESS of Payton

Ridiculous...

Especially when he led the League Once...

Last edited by Glove_20 : 07-22-2006 at 06:48 PM.
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 06:33 PM   #145
Glove_20
The Expert
 
Glove_20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
This is pathetic.

A: SG's aren't the only ones factoring into three-point percentage, you also have power forwards and centers. And if you knew anything about bball you would know that point guards are normally amongst a team's best shooters.

B: His career average is 32%. If you want to set a real range then you have to say he went from 8% to 34%, as 8% is his true career-low (as a rookie). He didn't even manage 30% until his 5th season. You're not fooling anyone, we can all check him out on NBA.com. Cut the bull**** already.

C: Leading the league in 3pters means jack **** when you're shooting 34% on them, which only makes you a tolerable 3-pt shooter. I'll say it again: So did Antoine.
And the Fowards and Centers who actually "shoot" them make them...

And yeah, I know PGs are good 3pt shooters, but not as good as SGs...And that list factors that in too...


And I wasn't talking about his full range, I was estimating ihs range in his prime, I was saying in his prime he shot around 32% to 34%....But now I know, and figured it out, that it was 33%...Go with that...33%


1st of all Walker has height, so it makes it easier...

2nd, Walker used to be pretty good...And could hit 3s...
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 06:33 PM   #146
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here
 
Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brighton, MA
Posts: 20,795
Default

Quote:
And yeah...like you said, Payton was a "good" 3pt shooter...
Who shot 32% for his career. The only "good" three-point shooter in the history of basketball of whom this is true.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 06:37 PM   #147
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here
 
Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brighton, MA
Posts: 20,795
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20
And the Fowards and Centers who actually "shoot" them make them...

And yeah, I know PGs are good 3pt shooters, but not as good as SGs...And that list factors that in too...


And I wasn't talking about his full range, I was estimating ihs range in his prime, I was saying in his prime he shot around 32% to 34%....But now I know, and figured it out, that it was 33%...Go with that...33%


1st of all Walker has height, so it makes it easier...

2nd, Walker used to be pretty good...And could hit 3s...
Because we all know that the best shooters are really tall. Like Shaq.

Thank you for so clearly illustrating that you don't know anything about basketball. If you were any more determined to try and warp reality to fit it into your delusions I'd call you Karl Rove.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 06:44 PM   #148
Glove_20
The Expert
 
Glove_20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Because we all know that the best shooters are really tall. Like Shaq.

Thank you for so clearly illustrating that you don't know anything about basketball. If you were any more determined to try and warp reality to fit it into your delusions I'd call you Karl Rove.
Obviously you don't have any common sense or common basketball sense...


When I was talking about being "tall" I was talking about "Tall" players that can SHOOT

Suprise!


Its called common sense, which you don't have...



The tall players that can shoot, things are easier for them because they have height...

Look at Nowitzki...Part of the reason he shoots very well is because he is tall, which makes it harder for someone to alter his shot...


But you won't understand this...You have no common basketball sense...
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 06:48 PM   #149
Glove_20
The Expert
 
Glove_20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Who shot 32% for his career. The only "good" three-point shooter in the history of basketball of whom this is true.
I didn't say he was "good"

I'll just say he was average to above average...
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 06:54 PM   #150
Glove_20
The Expert
 
Glove_20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,200
Default

By the thanks for proving how stupid you are...


It is common knowledge

That if you are taller and you can shoot, your height gives you an extra advantge...

Walker and Nowitzki are examples...

I wasn't talking about ALL tall players...

Notcice I said "WALKER" had an advantage cuz he has height...

Walker CAN shoot...

Tall Players that Can shoot have an advantage because of their height...



And your so stupid, you can't understand that...

Seriously its common sense...
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:54 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy