Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-06-2007, 05:45 PM   #16
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Walton no longer a starter

Quote:
Walton feigned outrage when Jackson's plans were relayed to him.

"That's messed up," he said. "How do you lose your starting spot over the summer when you didn't even do anything (wrong)? He hasn't told me anything. I would like to start. I'm not going to pout if I don't. I like starting. I enjoy it, but if he feels we'll have a better flow, I guess we'll try it out." ...

What an idiot.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 05:50 PM   #17
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

I guess Turiaf will start on preseason, and Phil will evaluate him based on that.

Walton and Turiaf both should be motivated and will probably be playing pretty intense this preseason.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 06:59 PM   #18
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
What an idiot.

this is the actual quote by walton...
Quote:
Walton, who strained his right hamstring Friday and is listed as day-to-day, took it all in stride, even joking about the possible demotion.

"You lose your starting spot over the summer, right? You don't even do anything," he said, laughing.

"I would like to start," he added, "but I'm not going to pout if I don't. ... I like starting. I enjoy it. But if he feels we have a better flow coming in with the second unit, I guess we'll try it out and see how it works."
somebodies adding some words to the story
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 07:51 PM   #19
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

anyone know who they have starting at center?

is it:

mihm/kwame/bynum ?
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 07:53 PM   #20
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAWN

is it:

mihm/kwame/bynum ?

Kwame is hurt, Mihm still needs to get in game shape. Bynum has been been working hard all summer and has been outplaying both in practice so far. It's Bynum's job
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 07:57 PM   #21
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAWN

is it:

mihm/kwame/bynum ?
still open at this point...it won't be mihm, he still has a way to go before he's in game shape... a radio report last week said he (mihm) looks good but he's huffing and puffing out there. which is understandable the guy was on crutches for like 8 months then in a walking boot for another 3 or four before he started to even rehab the ankle...

so that leaves kwame and bynum...if bynum shows improvement i'd imagine he gets the nod, and if phil is talking turiaf as a starter than bynum turiaf make more sense (to me) than kwame turiaf...

reports are also saying bynum has been a shot blocking fool this week...
Old 10-06-2007, 08:03 PM   #22
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Odom is a better defender than Walton at SF
Turiaf is a better defender than Odom at PF

Lakers automatcially improve defensvely.

The starting lineup improves defensively. What about your teams second unit?
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 12:08 AM   #23
letsdothis
I hit open layups

letsdothis has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
this is the actual quote by walton...

somebodies adding some words to the story

oh man. kobe24, you got owned. don't do that crap
letsdothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 12:09 AM   #24
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsdothis
oh man. kobe24, you got owned. don't do that crap

I got that quote from LakersGround. Why would I add to his words? Moron....

http://www.sgvtribune.com/sports/ci_7100195

Look at the link, I'm right and GTS is wrong. Luke actually said that.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 01:00 AM   #25
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
I got that quote from LakersGround. Why would I add to his words? Moron....

http://www.sgvtribune.com/sports/ci_7100195

Look at the link, I'm right and GTS is wrong. Luke actually said that.

well first let me make this real clear bro, i was not saying you yourself added words ok? cool...

anyways and my quote came from broderick turner, long time laker beat man with the press telegram whose word i trust alot...

http://www.pe.com/sports/basketball/...6.3bf7bde.html

anyways like i said i wasn't questioning you yourself...
Old 10-07-2007, 01:31 AM   #26
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Kwame is hurt, Mihm still needs to get in game shape. Bynum has been been working hard all summer and has been outplaying both in practice so far. It's Bynum's job
im curious to see him play. Do you know if any Lakers preseason games are being televised?

EDIT: Theyre on KCAL, FSN, or TNT
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 01:44 AM   #27
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If Walton isn't starting the Lakers aren't winning.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 02:53 AM   #28
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Turiaf is a beast, its about time he gets some minutes
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 02:07 PM   #29
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
Turiaf is a beast, its about time he gets some minutes

Don't be so silly. Turiaf is the Lakers back up PF. Who knows..maybe Turiaf will only start the first 6 games and back to the bench he goes.
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 03:36 PM   #30
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy2k8
Don't be so silly. Turiaf is the Lakers back up PF. Who knows..maybe Turiaf will only start the first 6 games and back to the bench he goes.

dont be so silly? he only played 15 minutes per game last year when his toughness, defense, and rebounding could have easily warranted 20-25

and back up PF?? Cook and Radmanovic both played more minutes per game than he did

if they would finally realize Lamar's not a powerforward it would be a lot easier to put turiaf in there more
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: