Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-06-2007, 11:03 AM   #1
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation
Default Most overrated coach?

Who is it?
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 11:10 AM   #2
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation
Default Re: Most overrated coach?

Don Nelson...

he plays offence... so what???!!! he can't lead his team to anything...
wally_world is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 11:14 AM   #3
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Greg Popovich.

He's gets more credit as a coach than he deserves but not enough credit for his role in putting that Spurs roster together.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 11:15 AM   #4
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here

Iam 100 percent sure BULLS will appear in this thread...

Predicted quote for BULLS.

Quote:
Auerbach because he coached the 60's Celtics, which they would lose every game in a strong era.
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 11:18 AM   #5
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

AI Nuggets3 has an OK reputation so far

i think Mo Cheeks is a great guy but his greatest coaching move of all time was helping that little girl sing the national anthem.
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 11:19 AM   #6
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Mike D'Antoni

Best Coach in the Regular season

Mediocre coach in the NBA playoffs
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 11:35 AM   #7
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

D'Antoni for those who haven't won it. Phil's reluctance to play anything other than the Triangle discredits him a bit in my mind. SLoan has had some chances and never cashed in. Byron Scott, Mo Cheeks, and Doc Rivers haven't done much.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 11:36 AM   #8
kidachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Nuggets3
i think Mo Cheeks is a great guy but his greatest coaching move of all time was helping that little girl sing the national anthem.

yeah but since nobody is really talking about him, you can't say he's overrated.

Jeff van gundy?
worst offense. i think.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:08 PM   #9
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Jeff van gundy?
worst offense. i think.[/quote]

easily and maybe his bro lol even though he was shafted by the heat
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 01:14 PM   #10
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidachi
Jeff van gundy?
worst offense. i think.
Yup he is just plain bad at offense.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 02:00 PM   #11
haji_d_robertas
Good High School Starter

haji_d_robertas has an OK reputation so far

For me, it's Jerry Sloan or Larry Brown.
haji_d_robertas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 02:02 PM   #12
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Isiah Thomas.

stepped down from the front office after firing Larry Brown and declares he has the recipe for a championship team. "first get the All Star big man. we have that in Eddy Curry. then surround him with an all star caliber guard. who have several of those. then put in shooters around them. I have the formula for success and I will let my guys have some fun this year and loosen up, we will win some ball games!"

then look what happens...

he starts the Garden Brawl. he leads the Knicks to a disastrous record, has ruined what credibility MSG and the Dolan family have, and set a new low in for the angry African Americans who play the race card as a first option.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 02:13 PM   #13
CAYO
Serious playground baller

CAYO has an OK reputation so far

CAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 03:21 PM   #14
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

xxxSuperStar has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Mike D'Antoni

Best Coach in the Regular season

Mediocre coach in the NBA playoffs

He's not the best coach in the regular season.

He plays a 7-8 man line-up which wears his players down in the playoffs, and he's shown no improvement in the defense over his tenure.

A lot of his game calling is questionable, at best, too. The Suns just have the talent to overcome it.

When D'Antoni focuses on defense and learns that it is better to have 55 regular season wins playing your key players less (see the Spurs) than winning 65 and running your players into the ground, he'll be instantaneously better.
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 03:22 PM   #15
jasonterry
Banned

jasonterry has an OK reputation so far

avery johnson. basically cost dallas the series with his game 1 roster.
gets outcoached on a nightly basis.
jasonterry is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: