Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 07-11-2006, 05:15 PM   #1
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Mike James agrees to deal with the Wolves!

I love it, absolutely love it.

What does everyone else think?
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 05:41 PM   #2
RocketsFanatic
Can barely lace up my sneakers

RocketsFanatic has an OK reputation so far

i think it is stupid, he only wants money. He went to the Minnesotta timberwolves for the money. If he didnt want the money, he would have gone to where he lived, Houston, Texas.
RocketsFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 05:46 PM   #3
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

Yeah, I love it. I knew McHale made some mistakes in our orginization, but I knew he was going to do something smart and pick Mike James up. I just hope the guy has a performance like he did last season. I wish that Mike James was a proven scorer instead of one breakout season. He should continue the same thing he did last season and I think he will. It's a great fit, Garnett is similar to Chris Bosh so it should work the same way. We definetely have a playoff team now, It's in the bag. I just hope that we can make some other moves for another defensive minded player in the PF or C positions, and maybe try to keep banks if we can dump somebody like Jaric or Hudson, but I'd rather dump Hudson and Jaric in the middle of the season instead of right now.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 05:48 PM   #4
04mzwach

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

He went to Minnesota because we offered him a year more.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:52 PM   #5
Gregsguys
Good High School Starter

Gregsguys has an OK reputation so far
Default Cha Ching

He went to Minny for the 'cha ching', unfortunately I think you will find what you are getting is a good player who is far to selfish and self-centered to lead anyone anywhere. Why do you think Toronto with all that cap room would let him go.......best of luck......being a raps fan I hope he works out for you but wouldn't bet a nickel on it.
Gregsguys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 06:06 PM   #6
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster

Getting a veteran scorer for the Wolves is a good move, and whether he came for the money or not it's not like the Wolves overpaid him even a little, 4 years at the MLE is very reasonable for a 31-year old coming off a 20ppg season, I mean look at what Peja got.

Allows the wolves to get Banks go easily, and they have a pretty solid backcourt now, what's missing as always in a solid center, though they do have some pieces to offer in trades for Magloire or Wright, like Jaric or Hudson or McCants or Griffin.
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 06:39 PM   #7
04mzwach

The reason James didn't work in Toronto was because the Raptors suck.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:53 PM   #8
JimmyB
Can barely lace up my sneakers

JimmyB has an OK reputation so far
Default Miles for Jaric

Excellent news. This means that the Wolves can now let Jaric go for Darius Miles. Good buddies with KG and a big time scorer.
JimmyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:29 PM   #9
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
The reason James didn't work in Toronto was because the Raptors suck.

He did work in Toronto. 20 ppg and 6 apg is working IMO.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:21 PM   #10
04mzwach

playoffs = working
Old 07-11-2006, 09:21 PM   #11
04mzwach

darius miles, scary
Old 07-11-2006, 11:33 PM   #12
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

hutcht02 has an OK reputation so far
Default whatever

im happy for the twolves. as a clippers fan, anything that puts you guys into the top half in record and gets us your pick next year makes me VERY happy.
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 02:25 AM   #13
Starter01
I airball my layups

Starter01 has an OK reputation so far

well im happy for you guys (T-wolves) fans that you have James now you will have the most undersized backcourt in the league (James,Foye) if they Start & i hope at least they can play some good D. so they would not get burn a lot.. but nice Signing james helps you a lot and he's not afraid to take Clucth shot and he not passive Like KG wen in Crunchtime...
Starter01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 07:24 PM   #14
04mzwach

T-wolves Starters---
James 6'2"
Hassell 6'5"
Davis 6'8"
Kg 6'11"
Blount 7'0"

Mavs Starters---
Terry 6'2"
Stackhouse 6'6"
Howard 6'7"
Nowitzki 7'0"
Dampier 7'0"
Old 07-13-2006, 01:31 PM   #15
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

I think once McCants comes back either him or Foye will star. I don't think they want their 3 best young players (along with Craig Smith) coming off the bench.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: