Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-07-2006, 11:25 AM   #1
Unregistered

Default Draft rumors....

Okay I will set down my predictions...steps up boys and girls.....

1) Toronto deals 1st round draft choice (Lamarcus Aldridge) and Joey Graham to Portland for Portland's 1st rounder, Jarret Jack, and sign and trade Przybilla. Happens after the draft.

2) Toronto deals 1st round draft choice to the Bucks for Jamal M, Mo Williams, and the Bucks 1st round pick. With the Buck first round pick Toronto selects F/C Baglini (spelling?) from Benneton in Italy. Happens during the draft.

3) Toronto selects Lamarcus Aldridge with the first overall pick. Toronto annouces its intent to build the Great Wall of Canada with a starting line up of Bosh, Villy, and LA. Toronto signs Speedy Claxton in the offseason freeagent market. Declines to match an offer to Mike James made by Denver/Portland.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:27 AM   #2
Unregistered

Default Draft rumors..

Sorry on number 2 I meant to add Toronto sends #1 and Mike James to the Bucks for......
Old 06-07-2006, 11:33 AM   #3
The Captain
Can barely lace up my sneakers

The Captain has an OK reputation so far

as for choice #1, the raps don't need to include joey to do that. trading the 1 straigtht up for portlands pick and jack could happen. Seperatley they could sign Przybilla as a FA...then you get the same results without giving up Joey.
The Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 12:15 PM   #4
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered

1) Toronto deals 1st round draft choice (Lamarcus Aldridge) and Joey Graham to Portland for Portland's 1st rounder, Jarret Jack, and sign and trade Przybilla. Happens after the draft.

2) Toronto deals 1st round draft choice to the Bucks for Jamal M, Mo Williams, and the Bucks 1st round pick. With the Buck first round pick Toronto selects F/C Baglini (spelling?) from Benneton in Italy. Happens during the draft.

3) Toronto selects Lamarcus Aldridge with the first overall pick. Toronto annouces its intent to build the Great Wall of Canada with a starting line up of Bosh, Villy, and LA. Toronto signs Speedy Claxton in the offseason freeagent market. Declines to match an offer to Mike James made by Denver/Portland.

1) irrelevant, sign and trades cannot be done yet, and we can just get pryzibla any way as he is unrestricted

2) milwuake dont have a 1st round pick (goes to NO)

3) yes but i dont nkow about claxton
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 12:38 PM   #5
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
) irrelevant, sign and trades cannot be done yet, and we can just get pryzibla any way as he is unrestricted

Actually you can sign him to an extension to be completed on the first of July and then S& T also Mike James.

This is the trade I would do slightly different then one:

T.O. gets:

Jack
Pryz

Port Gets;

Mike James and #1

- then you can cover 3 holes with a draft pick and a guy who wants to be in Houston.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 01:40 PM   #6
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

1) Who knows if it will be Aldridge for sure. Why get rid of Graham? It was only his rookie year, they need a kick start. They don't feel as much pressure.

2)Bargnani....and I cannot see a draft pick being traded over for 3 players at all. I can't remember Milwaukee having a first rounder. Their first pick is at #39. Also Jamaal Magloire is an incredible talent when healthy and so is Maurice Williams....Think Again.

3)OK, this is more enlightening. Mike James is not going to re-sign no matter what is said. He made it pretty clear that he wants back in Houston where he can play alongside Rafer Alston. Honestly, Mike James is a great shooter, but that is because the only thing he does is shoot. Is philosophy is shoot first, pass second. He might have had 6 assists a game but that is because whenever he drove, he had nothing to do so he passed. That is only a personal opinion though.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 02:24 PM   #7
Phesto
Fire BC! Hire GG!

Phesto has an OK reputation so far

Does anyone actually think that Houston wants to sign James again? I mean they did trade him. Plus I thought there were chemistry issues with T-Mac (who needs to dominate the ball more than James would probably allow, especially if James wants to "lead a team to a championship and win a league MVP award").
Phesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 03:03 PM   #8
Unregistered

Default Pryz

Why are we wanting to sing Pryz anyway? Isn't the same guy who had one good half a season? Same guy injured all the time and averaged like 5 points and 6 boards last year? He'll probably get $8M+! Dealing down may make some sense, but isn't the Raps big weakness at C? Hoffa remember!? So, logically, why aren't we just taking Aldridge and playing him at C?
Old 06-07-2006, 03:11 PM   #9
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Quote:
Why are we wanting to sing Pryz anyway? Isn't the same guy who had one good half a season? Same guy injured all the time and averaged like 5 points and 6 boards last year? He'll probably get $8M+! Dealing down may make some sense, but isn't the Raps big weakness at C? Hoffa remember!? So, logically, why aren't we just taking Aldridge and playing him at C?

Apparently Aldridge can't play center.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 03:14 PM   #10
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
Apparently Aldridge can't play center.

Says who? He's almost 7 feet tall and has a back to the basket game. Again, in this day in age, a guy like him can play C. Outside of Shaq, most huge C's aren't legit players.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:23 AM   #11
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Says who? He's almost 7 feet tall and has a back to the basket game. Again, in this day in age, a guy like him can play C. Outside of Shaq, most huge C's aren't legit players.

Are you serious? His back to the basket game his one of his biggest weaknesses. I have watched almost all if his games that were broadcasted on television and he seems to find a way to lose the ball under the basket. I like the 7-foot part though. But yes, we need a C real bad, but be realistic, we need a Rebounder and Shot-Blocker in there. Rudy or Tyrus had both those skills at SF I believe, You can just switch the position if things get bad. So I say get a pick lower in the draft, maybe send down your pick to Atlanta in a deal that included Tyronne Lue or something (add a few there, your call) and pick one of the 2.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: