Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-07-2007, 04:03 AM   #1
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here
Default Shaun Livingston update

Quote:
Clippers' Livingston progresses, but not ready for full practice

The injured point guard participates in light drills, but he still is taking it slow.

SANTA BARBARA -- He hops in line among teammates shooting jumpers. His shot is true, one falling after the other, the motions effortless.

For a few fleeting minutes, everything seems normal, like it was before.

Then the drill stops and Shaun Livingston is once again relegated to the sideline to watch and wait while the other Clippers continue with practice.

It has been more than seven months since the promising point guard severely damaged almost every part of his left knee in a game against the Charlotte Bobcats.

Since, he has made steady progress and started wearing a knee brace while performing some light drills last week. But it is still too early to determine when Livingston will return to the court.

"Right now, everything is one day at a time," he said. "All that stuff is coming along. But it's not like I can wake up the next morning and start running."

Before the injury, Livingston was leading the team in assists, distributing 5.1 a game and developing into the type of slashing point guard the organization envisioned when it chose him fourth overall in the 2004 draft.

The magnitude of his injuries -- torn anterior cruciate, posterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments and a dislocated knee -- roiled the team's point guard plans, leading them to sign veterans Brevin Knight and Dan Dickau to back starter Sam Cassell.

Livingston, 22, said he is confident about the signings and what the veterans add to the team, but it is still disheartening to wait while his teammates prepare. He attends physical therapy five days a week and focuses on strengthening the knee with leg presses and pool therapy three days, and performing agility work the other two.

On the court, he is unable to do basketball moves, such as pivoting and cutting.

"I don't have that explosiveness right now and it gets fatigued earlier," Livingston said. "I'm still at the point where if I push it too much I'll regress."

Source: http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...=3&cs et=true

To read: bugmenot.com

Good signs.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:25 AM   #2
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Shaun Livingston update

Livingston's shooting jumpshots... and making them? That's awsome. I really hope he fights through adversity.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 02:48 PM   #3
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

At least he's only 22, right? I think he has a good chance of recovering. I remember seeing his injury live, just happening to tune in. Good lord, was that disturbing. Any ways, as a Raptors fan, I definitely feel Clippers fans' pain. Our starting small forward, Jorge Garbojosa, had a bad knee injury last season as well, and we're hoping he can make a come back this season. I hope that Livingston can make a similar comeback.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 02:54 PM   #4
LBJ 4 MVP
Sit yo ass down!

LBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected poster

Good to hear.
LBJ 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: