Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-09-2007, 01:30 AM   #16
Wadeisabeast
I hate mondays

Wadeisabeast has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: List the most unbreakable records

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Someone worked it out, and a pitcher would have to win 20 games a year (hard to do as it is) for 20 years in a row to even be in the same league as Young.

Damn, that "someone" must have been a genius to figure that out. What formula did he use?
Wadeisabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 01:35 AM   #17
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadeisabeast
Damn, that "someone" must have been a genius to figure that out. What formula did he use?
Sarcasm or no sarcasm? I can't tell. It's not a complicated formula at all.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 01:50 AM   #18
Wadeisabeast
I hate mondays

Quote:
Sarcasm or no sarcasm? I can't tell. It's not a complicated formula at all.

Of course it's not sarcasm. I think the forumla is division??? 500/20years= 25games/year. Is that right? I'm not quite sure, because I dropped out of school after fourth grade.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:53 AM   #19
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Someone was put into a bad mood by another one's comments in a certain counting thread methinks.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:55 AM   #20
Wadeisabeast
I hate mondays

Quote:
Someone was put into a bad mood by another one's comments in a certain counting thread methinks.

i've been in a bad mood for 8 months. I just thought it was funny that your comment made it sound like an average person couldn't figure that out in less than 30 seconds.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:57 AM   #21
RidonKs
NBA Legend

That's too bad. Perhaps you'd brighten up if you stopped searching for ridiculously minor things to make negative comments about. Or maybe not. Who am I to say?
Old 10-09-2007, 02:01 AM   #22
Wadeisabeast
I hate mondays

Quote:
That's too bad. Perhaps you'd brighten up if you stopped searching for ridiculously minor things to make negative comments about. Or maybe not. Who am I to say?

I didn't have to search for it. I read it, saw it was you who wrote it, remembered you being a jackass, then made a sarcastic reply showing the ignorance of your post.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:04 AM   #23
RomoSexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by STelfair31
I'd have to say Dempsey's 63 yard goal which Jason Elam tied and Cal Ripken's consecutive game streak and maybe the 73 homerun record...

Uhm... you do know that the all-time college record without a tee is 65 yards by Martin Gramatica? pretty sure the 63 yards isnt unbreakable
Old 10-09-2007, 02:07 AM   #24
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by STelfair31
I'd have to say Dempsey's 63 yard goal which Jason Elam tied and Cal Ripken's consecutive game streak and maybe the 73 homerun record...

With my own eyes, I've seen Mason Crosby hit a 70 yarder during warm ups in Boulder.

It can be done.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 02:11 AM   #25
RidonKs
NBA Legend

My post wasn't "ignorant" at all. The exact opposite actually. It was factually correct. Someone did in fact work it out in another thread that was along the same lines as this one. Not one piece of my post was ignorant in any way. The same can't be said for your last one unfortunately.

Oh, and I was the jackass? I remember you typing this gem out.

Quote:
Since this thread is already f*cked up, I might as well say this. You b*tches are lazy as f*ck. Why even bother posting a photo of an interstate sign, a jersey, or a mail box. If you are that f*cking lazy to not even try, don't try at all. Let someone with a lil creativity post a photo that takes some though or has some meaning.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:14 AM   #26
Motown
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Motown has an OK reputation so far

The 63 yard field goal was broken a few years ago in the NFL preseason. It doesnt get into the record book, of course, only because it was preseason. Dont remember who it was but the kicker didnt make the team he tried out for because they already had Elam (the record holder) at the time.
Motown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 02:31 AM   #27
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Michael Jackson's Thriller will never, ever, ever be broken.

Ever.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 02:34 AM   #28
aahhsin
Banned

aahhsin has an OK reputation so far

Brett Favre's 99 yard touchdown pass will never be broken.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 02:35 AM   #29
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Michael Jackson's Thriller will never, ever, ever be broken.

Ever.

His record for "attempts at intercourse with a minor" is in serious jeopardy though. Father McCarthy is breathing down his neck.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:57 AM   #30
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

eauclaire447 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
With my own eyes, I've seen Mason Crosby hit a 70 yarder during warm ups in Boulder.

It can be done.
is it just a coincidence that all these look FG records are being broken in colorado??? some people would kill for a punters position there.......or so i heard.... was elam at home when he hit the 63 yarder??
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: