Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 10-09-2007, 04:08 AM   #1
SuperboyXX0018
Banned

SuperboyXX0018 has an OK reputation so far
Default Knicks will make playoffs.

I definitely believe that the four horseman in the Atlantic Division (Knicks,Celtics,Raptors, and Nets) will all make the playoffs. The Heat, Magic, and Cavs (I believe) will not be better than any of those four teams.

My playoff picture(just random).

Knicks
Celtics
Pistons
Raptors
Nets
Wizards
Bulls
Cavs

The Heat are finished, Wade isn't due back until January. And the Magic don't have enough fire power, and it looks like Rashard Lewis will be another overpaid injury prone player.

Last edited by SuperboyXX0018 : 10-16-2007 at 02:31 PM.
SuperboyXX0018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 01:49 PM   #2
opm1s6
Can barely lace up my sneakers

opm1s6 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Knicks will make playoffs.

i'm so torn. i want them to but it really might be the final straw for thomas if he doesn't.

end of the day, i'll be a knicks fan. i've survived the last decade i'll survive this season.
opm1s6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 02:08 PM   #3
Good Old Willy
DBDs

Good Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperboyXX0018

4)Knicks
5)Wizards

7)Heat

Dreamer!

Better questions: IF the Knicks manage to win 41 games, will they still make playoffs? How many East teams will be between 40 - 42 wins? Over/Under = 3?
Good Old Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 07:15 PM   #4
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

Don Che has an OK reputation so far

Arent there 4 divisions? If so all of the teams winning them are the top 4 seeds. So the knicks and celtics can't make the top 4 seeds.
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 08:09 PM   #5
MikeRo72
I airball my layups

MikeRo72 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperboyXX0018
**Given if Curry and Randolph both stay healthy**

1)Pistons
2)Bulls
3)Celtics
4)Knicks
5)Wizards
6)Nets
7)Heat
8)Cavs
-----------------------
9)Raptors
10)Magic

Those seeds cant happen because division champs lock up the top 3 seeds.
MikeRo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 11:13 AM   #6
SuperboyXX0018
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRo72

The Knicks will still be one of the top 5 teams in the East.

Last edited by SuperboyXX0018 : 10-10-2007 at 12:18 PM.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:15 AM   #7
SuperboyXX0018
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Old Willy
Dreamer!

Better questions: IF the Knicks manage to win 41 games, will they still make playoffs? How many East teams will be between 40 - 42 wins? Over/Under = 3?

The Knicks are focus on winning, this will be a playoff team. Zach Randolph and Eddy Curry will be unstoppable.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:02 PM   #8
opm1s6

first of all is top 5 in the east the goal? as a fan, imo it better not be. not at this cap, not with this franchise, definitely not with franchises history and definitely not for the price of the tickets. 2002 was suppose to be our rebuilding years, five years later can anyone really say we're much better?

secondly, focusing on winning? what have the knicks been focusing on otherwise. is it just me or are the fans not holding this team to a higher standard. maybe i'm bitter about what this team has turned into, but someone has to make it clear that the current standard (no matter how it compares to last year) isn't acceptable.

as far as Randolph and Curry goes, let's first see them on the floor for a bit, and finally, let's see how they work with David Lee, because with David Lee this team suffers big time. If he stays healthy, then I can't disagree that this is a playoff team, which unfortunately means Isiah gets another year.

Last edited by opm1s6 : 10-10-2007 at 04:04 PM.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:48 PM   #9
Ben Wogu

Ben Wogu has an OK reputation so far

I think the Knicks will be in the postseason for sure, and i feel like the players know they have more than enough talent to go far, so I don't expect them to be complacent with just making the playoffs. Even Curry and Marbury said just making the playoffs now isn't good enough....

I think Miami is going to really struggle this year. I see a lot of people put them in their top 4 or 5, but with the offseason they've had I think they'll be fortunate to make the playoffs...Shaq's divorce, Shaq's health, Shaq's conditioning, Wade's health, JWill's health, losing Posey and Kapono, Antoine Walker's conditioning (Pat Riley just said he doesn't think he'll be ready till January - ouch!), can Dorrel Wright perform at a satisfactory level at the 3 (he'll be starting there, and he only averaged about 18 minutes a game), a weak bench (every spot except center), and are Pat Riley's methods wearing thin with the players?....way too many questions for me to put them in the top tier teams in the East, especially after they got they're asses whooped by Chicago in the first round
Ben Wogu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:42 PM   #10
Good Old Willy
DBDs

Good Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Che
Arent there 4 divisions? If so all of the teams winning them are the top 4 seeds. So the knicks and celtics can't make the top 4 seeds.

6 divisions, three in each conference.

But you are right, it is impossible for the knicks and celtics tomake the top 4 seeds.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:47 PM   #11
Good Old Willy
DBDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRo72

Actually, the current system allocates the 3 division champs a "top 4" seed in the conference. Last year for example, the lowly 44 win Heat still got the 4th seed. The Central's Det, Cle, and Chi, were seeded 1, 2, and 5.

Last edited by Good Old Willy : 10-11-2007 at 01:49 PM.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:53 AM   #12
opm1s6

can we agree on a number of games they have to win to make it. I'm thinking they need at least 45 games at a minimum. The problem then becomes, do we see them winning that many...it's probably too early to tell, but if defensively they don't get more compact, I'd worry. I don't offense will be the problem.

BTW watch David Lee have a great year, even if he's in the 3 spot this year. He just gets better and better.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:31 PM   #13
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

oldknickfan has decent reputation

Although the Knicks SHOULD make the playoffs -- before I would predict anything for this season, I would like to see if the Knicks can limit their turnovers, play better defense, win against weak teams and win back to back games.

Last year, they beat themselves with lack of effort, inconsistency, turnovers and loses to losing teams they should have easily beaten.

If the Knicks can improve on those areas and stay healthy there is no limit on how far they can go!
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 07:53 PM   #14
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

I see them going 42-40 this year. I hope they make the playoffs. It'll be a big blow to organization if they don't. How many years in a row have they not made it? They are young and have gained talent. Let's see them play Boston who in my opinion will need all the Geritol they can get. They should be able to out run them.

Let's see what happens.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 05:42 AM   #15
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

oldknickfan has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo

1. I see them going 42-40 this year. I hope they make the playoffs. It'll be a big blow to organization if they don't. How many years in a row have they not made it? They are young and have gained talent.

2. Let's see them play Boston who in my opinion will need all the Geritol they can get. They should be able to out run them.

Let's see what happens.

1. The Knicks won 23 and then 33 in the last two seasons. Consequently 42 or 43 wins seems reasonable this year. I hope they will do even better. But they may squeak into the postseason with that.

2. Don't sell Boston short! If they stay healthy, with their Big 3, KG, Pierce and Ray Allen -- they should be a formidable team. They have one of the best players in basketball in Garnet and two all stars in pierce and Allen. I see the Celtics likely to make the playoffs. But, especially in the playoffs, their problem may be a lack of depth on the bench.
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: