Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 11-16-2007, 05:43 PM   #16
new noise
madvillain

new noise has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Race to the 1st place in Draft 2008

What's the concensus on DeAndre Jordan? Is he a lock for Top 5 just due to crazy size/athleticism/potential?
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 12:26 AM   #17
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

I think those things had him as a lottery/top 10 level player, but I think most people thought he was all potential and not ready to play now. So far he has looked really good and proved can play right now. The only issue I see him having is that if he is considered for the top pick, everyone will compare him to Oden and he obviously won't look that great in that case.

But at this point I don't think he is a lock at all for the top 5. He still needs to prove he is better/has more potential than Koufos and Hibbert. I say he is in the lottery for sure, but still needs to continue to improve to move up.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 11:18 AM   #18
AlThornton
Great young streetballer

AlThornton has an OK reputation so far

What Center has the best transition game?
AlThornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 03:56 PM   #19
monthh
Local High School Star

Are you talking traditional center or someone who can play center? I think there are some guys like DeVon Hardin, Joey Dorsey, and Longar Longar who could play center and run with a fast-paced team. If you are talking traditional 7-0 guy who can run, Jordan is the most athletic and would be able to trail a play well. I can't really say much about the other freshman because the season just started.

I'm not sure where you are going with that question, but if you are looking for a star like Amare or something you won't find him. Dorsey is probably the closest and is only 6-9 and not nearly the offensive threat. Jordan is the most athletic center among the top tier of centers. Hibbert and Koufos are decent, but nothing special.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:48 PM   #20
AlThornton
Great young streetballer

AlThornton has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by monthh
Are you talking traditional center or someone who can play center? I think there are some guys like DeVon Hardin, Joey Dorsey, and Longar Longar who could play center and run with a fast-paced team. If you are talking traditional 7-0 guy who can run, Jordan is the most athletic and would be able to trail a play well. I can't really say much about the other freshman because the season just started.

I'm not sure where you are going with that question, but if you are looking for a star like Amare or something you won't find him. Dorsey is probably the closest and is only 6-9 and not nearly the offensive threat. Jordan is the most athletic center among the top tier of centers. Hibbert and Koufos are decent, but nothing special.

Sorry, i meant as a natural center who has the best ability to run the floor. I'm sure Seattle would be looking at a few of them.
AlThornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 12:43 AM   #21
monthh
Local High School Star

Jordan would have to be the pick if they are looking for an athletic center at the top of the draft. I never get to see the Sonics, but haven't they drafted like 5 athletic centers over the past four or five drafts? I'm not saying Jordan won't be much better than all of them, but would they take him over Rose?
Old 11-18-2007, 02:30 PM   #22
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

I would not take DeAndre Jordan over Derrick Rose, but if he was gone, then Jordan would be my next choice for Seattle. What about Minny? Would he fit with them?
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:08 PM   #23
monthh
Local High School Star

I would love to see him with Minnesota. I don't like Jefferson playing center, and Jordan would fit in well next to him.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:16 AM   #24
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Beasley is a great athlete and he can get pretty good average in NBA. If he play SF he can be around 20pts, 7-8rebs, 4asissts and 2+blocks. If he play PF he can average 'bout 18pts, 10rebs,3+asissts and around 3 blocks. He can be good stealer too. If the team make him play D, he'll be imbalanced player.

Batum will, I supose be second pick 'cause he's very talented, athletic, great wingspan. I hope he will go well in his career because he looks like nice guy.

I think that Nikola Pekovic from Serbia will be the biggest steal on Draft. He's 6'11'' C/PF, very strong and athletic, good FT shooter for a big guy. He's 21 and already 2nd scorer of Euroleague and 6th rebounder and he got best utility index (useful) in Euroleague which is best European club competition.
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: