Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 06-28-2006, 10:49 PM   #1
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool
Default Marcus Williams!!!!!!!!!!

I'm So Happy Right Now, Thank You Isiah!!!!!!!!!!!!
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:54 PM   #2
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

Isiah!

the Nets Co GM of the year!!!

Marcus seems to have a character issue though... and the Nets like good guys.. (which is one reason why I think McInnis flopped)

but look for Jason Kidd to teach this young guy a lesson or two and school him if M.Will gets out of hand.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:38 PM   #3
AIR SETH
Local High School Star

AIR SETH has decent reputation

Marcus Williams was a huge steal! Jason Kidd is going to teach him so much. Williams is going to be the next great pure PG in the league.
AIR SETH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 12:07 AM   #4
WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith

Default Good job guysasdf

Nice williams and boone have that chemistry.

I live in CT and have seen every game last season almost, and I can tell u boone is almost hte opposite of Krstic, which is very good.

As mentioned he'z a bluecollar, hard working rebounding, defensive type.. and Krstic is more of an offensive player and his baseline jumper is CASH.

Boone lacks offense aside form putbacks, perfect polar opposites.

Collins will start more often.

I'm so happy for Williams, he gets taught by the best passer and PG in the NBa today.

Congrats!!!

Living in CT and having the Y.e.S. channel NICE.. I've always been afan of VC and RJ but they weren't by unanimous favorite team.. now they are! (aside from sixers of course)
Old 06-29-2006, 12:41 AM   #5
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

It was a no brainer pick, but I'd still prefer Lowry.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 12:44 AM   #6
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

I was at my friends house hoping that the Knicks passed on him because I knew the Suns would. I almost forgot about the Nets pick once I saw who the Knicks took.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 04:52 PM   #7
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

That was the steal of the draft. How could Thomas pass on Williams and take some other point guard? It doesn't make any sense at all. Williams was the best pure point guard in the draft. This is a great situation for Williams though learning from one of the all time great point guards in J-Kidd. He will no doubt be one of the great point guards in the league if he listens to Kidd. This is a great pick for New Jersey. Thank you New York for passing on him.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 08:17 PM   #8
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

He's the steal of the draft, probably
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 10:44 PM   #9
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

i would not say steal yet...

Marcus is a very talented player and [probably the best PG in the draft.

but in past years, the Nets complicated motion offense have often ran rookies right into the walls.

but now with a more stable system with the lack of runners on the roster, I hope the only thing Marcus has to do is make his shots and penetrate when anchoring the second unit.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 10:36 PM   #10
Nekero
I Hit Open Layups

Nekero has an OK reputation so far

Too early...
Nekero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 12:13 AM   #11
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

when i saw the draft...i kept waitng for his name to be called...when it got in the 20's i was wondering what the heck was going on...this guy is probably top 2 or 3 pg in the draft...hes gonna be that player drafted late 1st round/2nd round thats gonna blossom into a star (parker, ginobili,etc) Thanks to Isaiah, nets have improved...i posted this in anothe isaiah thread...looks like hes keeping up his "GM of the year" award...

Isaiah should have been voted GM of the year last year...Isaiah helped the Bulls get a second pick in the draft, he paved the way for Tim Thomas to become a Sun who help torch the Lakers and Clips, and he took big, long term contracts of steve francis and jalen rose (both helping the the magic and raptors)...how many GM's can say they've drastically improved 4 yeams in one season? Too bad one of those teams were not his own....
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 11:45 AM   #12
Czar
I airball my layups

Czar has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
I'm So Happy Right Now, Thank You Isiah!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a good pick up for you guys, but Isiah didn't need him. He made a good pick. I watch that kid play for South Carolina and New York needed a role player like him. New York will be ok.
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 03:14 AM   #13
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
when i saw the draft...i kept waitng for his name to be called...when it got in the 20's i was wondering what the heck was going on...this guy is probably top 2 or 3 pg in the draft...hes gonna be that player drafted late 1st round/2nd round thats gonna blossom into a star (parker, ginobili,etc) Thanks to Isaiah, nets have improved...i posted this in anothe isaiah thread...looks like hes keeping up his "GM of the year" award...

Isaiah should have been voted GM of the year last year...Isaiah helped the Bulls get a second pick in the draft, he paved the way for Tim Thomas to become a Sun who help torch the Lakers and Clips, and he took big, long term contracts of steve francis and jalen rose (both helping the the magic and raptors)...how many GM's can say they've drastically improved 4 yeams in one season? Too bad one of those teams were not his own....

The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 03:29 PM   #14
Czar
I airball my layups

Czar has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas

I disagree. Isiah had a good point. Who in this year's draft would have been a better option than Curry???
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 06:10 PM   #15
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

^

I think that Roy and Foy are both better

plus, they better hope they get better or, the Bulls will get someone way better then Curry...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: