Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-25-2006, 11:04 AM   #16
Chrispbosh4
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czar
I know one thing. Jr Smith will fill the need for 2G in Denver. I think he can be a great 2G. He should be better than most SGs in the west.

slow down buddy.... you have got to be kidding me, last time i checked this KID is nothing much more than a dunker and maybe has a shot, he was given limited play time this year due to his bad attitude.

he may fit the need, but he also may not , i think denver needs to make a trade already for a bonified shooter and not just some punk like J.R.

saying hes better than most SG's in the west is absured, im sure hes alot better than kobe bryant, ray allen and tracey mcgrady combined but only in your dreams.
Chrispbosh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:31 AM   #17
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

The Bulls need defenders and role players (every championship team has them) more than they need young players with "potential."

They are competing for a championship, not looking to rebuild. If they keep filling their roster with "potential" they may be waiting 5 years for it to come around (eddy curry, tyson chandler anybody?)
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 01:01 PM   #18
sixty
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFINITY2152
The Bulls gave up J.R. Smith for several reasons: first, the Bulls are trying to develop a team concept, and character is a major factor in keeping a player ( see Tim Thomas), and J.R. Smith has a poor reputation. I'm sure they met with him personally and evaluated whether they felt he would fit in with the team. Second, I believe this is the last year on his contract, and if he did perform well they would have yet another player they would have to give a high contract to or lose for nothing ( see Darius Songaila). Third , the Bulls have so many young players on the team, they wanted to bring in some leadership and experience, plus the fact that he played for the Bulls already and and knows the plays far better than J.R. Smith doesn't hurt. Eisley's contract is non-guaranteed and will be waived. The trade was to clear room for Adrian Griffin. And second round picks become Chris Duhons if you use them right, or package together in another trade. The Bulls have more than enough young players, the last thing they need is a young, immature player.

sixty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 01:48 PM   #19
RapsFan
Great college starter

I am sure bulls fans will flip....but I would be more excited with their roster if they dealt Gordon and kept JR. Maybe not to start JR, perhaps Luol who can run at the 2. Gordon needs to go and he would fetch quality in return. The cap is going to explode in a few years so changes are needed. Gordon is a taller version of Boykins, is pretty inefficient. JR gives them added length, solid range and maybe Skiles can work with him....could have worked with him. Skiles makes all his players good at D. Byron Scott is as immature as they come when we're talking about coaches so the entire 'immature' title given to JR may not be true. He's young, had a great rookie campaign and loads of talent. With a good coach he could be special.

Dealing Gordon for a bigger 2 or perhaps a scoring big, would make their team even more balanced. IMO.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 03:10 PM   #20
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

First two year's comparison (they are only 2 years apart in age, and Smith has started more games than Gordon has, Gordon does play 6 min a more per game though)

Gordon
.417 fgp .421 3pp .825 ftp 2.7 rpg 2.5 apg .79 spg 16 ppg

Smith
.394 fgp .316 3pp .740 ftp 2.0 rpg 1.5 apg .70 spg 9.2 ppg

Gordon leads in every single catergory, and Smith regressed his second year in the league. Not to mention Gordon is more clutch, a better leader, team player, and better defender.

So as you can see, I'd take Gordon over J.R. Smith everyday of the week.

If fact, I'd say goodbye to Deng and Nocioni over Gordon. He single handedly won them 8-10 games last year.
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 03:45 PM   #21
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxSuperStar
First two year's comparison (they are only 2 years apart in age, and Smith has started more games than Gordon has, Gordon does play 6 min a more per game though)

Gordon

Smith

Gordon leads in every single catergory, and Smith regressed his second year in the league. Not to mention Gordon is more clutch, a better leader, team player, and better defender.

If fact, I'd say goodbye to Deng and Nocioni over Gordon. He single handedly won them 8-10 games last year.

The stats are nice, but that wasn't really my point. Anyone could tell you that Gordon has better numbers.

41% shooting 6'2" SG. Not great. He can heat up, which he should with his talent and as many shots as he takes. I was also assuming that the BUlls would fetch some solid talent for Gordon, perhaps a low post scoring guy at the PF position. They you would have Luol/JR/Thabo all big guards to run at the 2.

Give me

Hinrich/Duhon
Luol/JR/Thabo
Nocioni/Luol/Tyrus
Al Harrington/PJ/Tyrus
Ben/PJ

Just is more balanced to me....as you can see I just hypothetically added Al Harrington as the guy you got for Gordon. Insert who you please there.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 07:37 PM   #22
INFINITY2152
Can barely lace up my sneakers

It seems like everyone is so concerned about guards with height when Allen Iverson, Steve Nash and Chauncey Billups, Stephon Marbury, Earl Boykins are all having great careers despite their lack of height. Ben Gordon is a dynamic shooter and clutch scorer, something any team competeing for a title needs. Why do people keep insisting that one of the lowest scoring teams in the league trade off their best scorer? Their defense is more than good enough to make up for his lack of height, plus many teams in the league are running smaller lineups anyway. I don't see anyone talking about trading Nash or Iverson because of their height. Yes, Nash is a point guard, but short is short, especially when you're playing zone most of the time anyway.
INFINITY2152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 06:16 AM   #23
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxSuperStar

Gordon

Smith

Number 1: QUIT TRYING TO TRADE BEN GORDON!!! Now unless we get a big name player in return, get off it! For all of you who think the Bulls need a bigger two guard, I got two words for you: JOE DUMARS. He was not a 6'-5", 6'-6" slasher but for a player his size he played with one thing: HEART. Ben has a ton of that.

Number 2. Denver needed a shooting guard and an Andre Miller/J.R. Smith/Carmelo Anthony 1/2/3 punch is what Denver needed.

Pax knows what he is doing, now calm down and stop grousing LOL.

Last edited by BullsBigMan29 : 08-25-2006 at 06:22 AM.
BullsBigMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: