Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2007, 01:14 AM   #106
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan
 
hawkfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,894
hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Bucher on ESPN: Kobe would like to be traded now if Lakers are considering it

Trade scenario:

Washington gets

Kobe Bryant

Los Angeles gets

Antwain Jamison
Nick Young
2 first round picks (lottery unprotected)
3 million in cash

This deal is really to clear out cap space for the Lakers, as they will also have Kwame Brown's big contract coming off the books this coming summer. They get one young player and 2 first round picks. Jamison is still a solid pro, so they will probably win about the same number of games.

The Wizards get a duo of Arenas-Bryant-Butler on the wings, which should be championship level caliber.
hawkfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 01:20 AM   #107
Dengness9
Crazed Bulls fan
 
Dengness9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,749
Dengness9 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Bucher on ESPN: Kobe would like to be traded now if Lakers are considering it

Dude c'mon hawk fan. 31 year old Jamison and an unproven rookie and 2 draft picks which won't be lottery picks and 3 million cash for KOBE? U sure your not "WizFan"?
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 02:03 AM   #108
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan
 
hawkfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,894
hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Bucher on ESPN: Kobe would like to be traded now if Lakers are considering it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengness9
Dude c'mon hawk fan. 31 year old Jamison and an unproven rookie and 2 draft picks which won't be lottery picks and 3 million cash for KOBE? U sure your not "WizFan"?

It isn't dollar for dollar in terms of talent by any stretch of the imagination.

The big thing is Jamison's expiring deal, so that the Lakers can get way under the cap next year.

The other option is for the Lakers to try to do a deal with the Hawks for some young players (Sheldon Williams, Marvin Williams and Josh Childress) plus a bunch of expirers.

Or they could try to take back a lot of big contracts.

With Jamison's and Brown's contracts off the books, the Lakers can start the next era in their franchise.
hawkfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 02:28 AM   #109
RidonKs
NBA Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Free Hat!
Posts: 16,793
RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Bucher on ESPN: Kobe would like to be traded now if Lakers are considering it

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
Trade scenario:

Washington gets

Kobe Bryant

Los Angeles gets

Antwain Jamison
Nick Young
2 first round picks (lottery unprotected)
3 million in cash

This deal is really to clear out cap space for the Lakers, as they will also have Kwame Brown's big contract coming off the books this coming summer. They get one young player and 2 first round picks. Jamison is still a solid pro, so they will probably win about the same number of games.

The Wizards get a duo of Arenas-Bryant-Butler on the wings, which should be championship level caliber.
Get the **** out of here. Kobe isn't going anywhere for an expirer, a mediocre rookie, and 2 picks that are going to be worth absolute **** once they roll around. Horrible trade.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 07:44 AM   #110
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare
 
El Kabong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,629
El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Bucher on ESPN: Kobe would like to be traded now if Lakers are considering it

If the Lakers take on expirers then the deal should involve them getting rid of there other bad contracts, like Radman and the like. No point in trading Bryant, then keeping all your other crap contracts on the books and still be over the cap.

John Paxson isn't a risk taker. He's not the type of guy who'll shake up the entire team and take a huge risk like trading for Kobe Bryant. He's a builder, he was a perfect GM for the team two years ago, but now that they've got talent, they need a guy who'll be willing to send the team over the edge.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 08:56 AM   #111
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick
 
Blue&Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,694
Blue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Bucher on ESPN: Kobe would like to be traded now if Lakers are considering it

Buss change of position means that by now he is getting zero trade proposals, not even bad ones he is getting anymore.

So this can be more then enough:

Marbury - 20$ million expiring contract, really, really tasty FA's coming up
Crawford - Bound to make his best season, competent scorer that really knows how to feed the center, Curry really struggled without him, and since Bynum will be the focal point of the offense that's really a plus.
Balkman - He would immediatlly be a LA fan favorite, period.
Nichols & Morris - Two really young players with lot of upside.
And a 1st round pick.

And the Knicks could throw in the 7$ million M. Rose expiring contract and take back some bad contracts LA would want to dump.


If we ignore the unrealistic trades with a 9$ million difference in salaries, that some Bulls fans insist in making i haven't seen anything better for the Lakers.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 09:04 AM   #112
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare
 
El Kabong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,629
El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Bucher on ESPN: Kobe would like to be traded now if Lakers are considering it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
Buss change of position means that by now he is getting zero trade proposals, not even bad ones he is getting anymore.

So this can be more then enough:

Marbury - 20$ million expiring contract, really, really tasty FA's coming up
Crawford - Bound to make his best season, competent scorer that really knows how to feed the center, Curry really struggled without him, and since Bynum will be the focal point of the offense that's really a plus.
Balkman - He would immediatlly be a LA fan favorite, period.
Nichols & Morris - Two really young players with lot of upside.
And a 1st round pick.

And the Knicks could throw in the 7$ million M. Rose expiring contract and take back some bad contracts LA would want to dump.


If we ignore the unrealistic trades with a 9$ million difference in salaries, that some Bulls fans insist in making i haven't seen anything better for the Lakers.
Marbury and Rose both have two years left not one. I'm sure the Lakers would want Lee too.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 09:06 AM   #113
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick
 
Blue&Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,694
Blue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Bucher on ESPN: Kobe would like to be traded now if Lakers are considering it

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
Marbury and Rose both have two years left not one.
And?
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 09:09 AM   #114
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare
 
El Kabong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,629
El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Bucher on ESPN: Kobe would like to be traded now if Lakers are considering it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
And?
You said they're expiring when they're not.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 09:16 AM   #115
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick
 
Blue&Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,694
Blue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Bucher on ESPN: Kobe would like to be traded now if Lakers are considering it

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
You said they're expiring when they're not.
omg here we go... well they are expiring since the day they signed the contract.

I remember having this discussion about Francis contract, i've said it was valuable because it was expiring, and someone started calling me names, that Francis is trash nobody would want him and how his contract was not expiring, how 2 years were different from 1... lol, well his "non-expiring" got us one of the best PF of the game. So yes "Huge" diference between two and on year for a team that is rebuilding, moreso when the best FA's are coming in 2,3 years.

Thank god there are GM's that think ahead.

Last edited by Blue&Orange : 10-13-2007 at 09:18 AM.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 09:18 AM   #116
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare
 
El Kabong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,629
El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Bucher on ESPN: Kobe would like to be traded now if Lakers are considering it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
omg here we go... well they are expiring since the day they signed the contract.

I remember having this discussion about Francis contract, i've said it was valuable because it was expiring, and someone started calling me names, that Francis is trash nobody would want him and how his contract was not expiring, how 2 years were different from 1... lol, well his "non-expiring" got us one of the best PF of the game. So yes "Huge" diference between two and on year for a team that is rebuilding, moreso when the best FA are coming in 2,3 years.

Thank god there are GM's that think ahead.
I'm not trying to have a go at you mate. I was simply pointing out something because I thought you may have been under the impression that they were expiring this year seeing as when people use the term expiring they usually mean this year.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 09:24 AM   #117
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick
 
Blue&Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,694
Blue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Bucher on ESPN: Kobe would like to be traded now if Lakers are considering it

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
I'm not trying to have a go at you mate. I was simply pointing out something because I thought you may have been under the impression that they were expiring this year seeing as when people use the term expiring they usually mean this year.
Ok, fair enough.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:19 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy