Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 10-12-2007, 06:55 PM   #1
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Default Anyone watching Midnight Madness?

free live stream showing the better teams in the Big 10 at 9:30.

on the bigtennetwork.com
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 12:17 AM   #2
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Default Re: Anyone watching Midnight Madness?

Yeah I get BTN at home. Was eh, but can't be expecting much. Ending credits were hilarious with Bo Ryan trying to do the superman or whatever that soulja boy song is about.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 07:51 PM   #3
ILballa
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Yeah I get BTN at home. Was eh, but can't be expecting much. Ending credits were hilarious with Bo Ryan trying to do the superman or whatever that soulja boy song is about.

Yeah, that was funny.
ILballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:03 PM   #4
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

I went to Illini Madness. The pink shirts weren't as bad as I thought they'd be. Way too much pre-basketball entertainment, though. They had, like, four different dancing groups perform. The first two were okay, and then this breakdancing group from Chicago was amazing, but then this group doing some interpretive authentic African dance, or whatever the hell it was, proceeded to put everyone to sleep for the next 10 minutes.

The Illinois intramural champions took on some And1 knockoff called "Ball4Real" or something. They did have Half Man, Half Amazing, AO and the Pharmacist from And1, though.

That was fun, a bunch of white kids jacking up threes and the streetballers running and dunking everything. It was actually kinda close, I think the streetballers won 26-21 or something (they played for 10 minutes).

Three-point contest, meh. Dunk contest would've been way better if Rodney Alexander made his first dunk and got to go again in the final round. It was all newcomers: Alexander, Jeff Jordan, Mike Tisdale and Mike Davis. Mike Davis won kinda by default. He has Tyrus Thomas-type athleticism. If he puts on any weight and develops any ball skills at all, look out. If he doesn't he could still be a Brent Petway type. He needs to redshirt, though.

Scrimmage was fun. There's absolutely nothing you can learn from something like this. Reinforced two things I already knew about this team: really athletic, lacking in shooters. Kinda disappointing to see a bunch of bricks with Jamar Smith sitting two rows behind me in A section, but whatever.

Pruitt and Carlwell were clowning the entire time, Pruitt bringing the ball up the floor and taking Carlwell off the dribble, playing point guard. Funny stuff.

Best jersey-related moment of the night: Carlwell wearing Jamar's jersey when he came out in introductions.

Second-best jersey-related moment of the night: Jeff Jordan putting on his dad's jersey for one last dunk after the dunk contest. He went between the legs, but missed it.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:10 PM   #5
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

Like I said, Mike Davis can get way up:

TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: