Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2007, 03:54 AM   #1
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!
 
DieHardBullsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,214
DieHardBullsFan has an OK reputation so far
Default Do you believe or have seen ghost before?

I want to ask you guys about this because Im a person that dont believe it until I see it myself...my question is....have you seen a or had experiences with ghost and if so, tell your story....
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 03:57 AM   #2
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian
 
L.Kizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston, TX -
Posts: 36,335
L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Do you believe or have seen ghost before?

One time , many years ago when I was about 9 or 10, I could have sworn I'd seen Abraham Lincoln in my house.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:02 AM   #3
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!
 
DieHardBullsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,214
DieHardBullsFan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Do you believe or have seen ghost before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
One time , many years ago when I was about 9 or 10, I could have sworn I'd seen Abraham Lincoln in my house.

DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:07 AM   #4
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian
 
L.Kizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston, TX -
Posts: 36,335
L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Do you believe or have seen ghost before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardBullsFan
Shit was weird. Back then when I was 10, we only had cable in my parents room and the living room. So it was the weekend and I always slept in the living room on the weekends. Well I was watching cartoon network and fell asleep. I woke up, (probably to use the restroom or something) and the TV was off. I look in the hallway, and their is Abraham Lincoln with the long black coat, top hat and beard, I was like WTF.

Scared the shit out of me.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:13 AM   #5
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!
 
DieHardBullsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,214
DieHardBullsFan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Do you believe or have seen ghost before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Shit was weird. Back then when I was 10, we only had cable in my parents room and the living room. So it was the weekend and I always slept in the living room on the weekends. Well I was watching cartoon network and fell asleep. I woke up, (probably to use the restroom or something) and the TV was off. I look in the hallway, and their is Abraham Lincoln with the long black coat, top hat and beard, I was like WTF.

Scared the shit out of me.

damn

how did he look was he glowy like in the movies or what?...
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:13 AM   #6
YAWN
NBA All-star
 
YAWN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 9,345
YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Do you believe or have seen ghost before?

yes.
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:15 AM   #7
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!
 
DieHardBullsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,214
DieHardBullsFan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Do you believe or have seen ghost before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAWN
yes.

lmao you saw old Abe too
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:17 AM   #8
YAWN
NBA All-star
 
YAWN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 9,345
YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Do you believe or have seen ghost before?

no just some random guy. I guess the people who lived there saw him all the time.
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:26 AM   #9
RomoSexual
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Do you believe or have seen ghost before?

they dont exist
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:27 AM   #10
Gundress
Banned
 
Gundress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 9,560
Gundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Do you believe or have seen ghost before?

I have seen many ghosts. First time I was scare but now I get used to it cause ghost ain't hurt me.
Gundress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 08:30 AM   #11
kwajo
Missing Since 2009
 
kwajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On the water
Posts: 5,988
kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Do you believe or have seen ghost before?

I live in a very coastal place where every little cove and inlet has ghost stories associated with it. As a child growing up, we were told dozens of ghost stories, which really helped us gain an appreciation for the history of the area in which we live. It is so much a part of our culture that seeing odd things or hearing sounds at night in the woods or along the shore isn't abnormal. That isn't to say that we don't get scared of ghosts, but these things are regular occurrences in a region with hundreds of years of settlements and military battles.

Some of my personal encounters always seem to stem from the water or old mines. One of my favourties is from my grandfather himself. The story took place on the island of Grand Manan, a rather large isle in the Bay of Fundy which is divided into 2 halves. On the East side you've got the quaint fishing villages, friendly people, tourist shops, etc. (it's like the coast of New England for those who know it). On the West side of the island, there are no permanent settlements, the trees grow shorter as they've been stunted by the wind, and the whole 25 mile coast is made up of dark cliffs rising 400 feet from the ocean surface. This dark side of the island is notorious with mariners and locals for its strange character. I've been there numerous times and I call tell you there is something odd about that place. As soon as you step upon her shore, you feel different. There is an eeriness in the air, the sun never shines warmth upon your back, and men are driven to strange behaviour. The shore along here is riddled with dozens of shipwrecks from ill-fated tall ships who never reached their destination. It was a refuge for pirates in the 1700s, and in the 20th century, it was a hideout for rum smugglers on their way to the USA from Canada during prohibition.

So I don't think I need to tell you that there are some frightening ghosts in the environs. If you spend the night in the woods there, be prepared to hear the Dungarven Whooper (the ghost of a young man from a logging camp who murdered his boss' daughter, and then was killed in revenge); or to see a ghost ship cross the horizon, sometimes with a lantern glowing faintly on the bow (when the ghosts ships appear, the wind grows still and all sound ceases as the whales stop breaching at the surface).

Many a man has tried to tame the West side of Grand Manan, for it holds a wealth of copper in its basalt cliffs. One of these men was my grandfather who opened a mine near Money Cove almost a century ago (Money Cove is name such because a treasure ship wrecked there in the 19th century causing hundreds of gold doubloons to wash ashore, and some still do even today after big storm surges). Everyone told him he was a fool to start a mine over there, and he had a harm time finding labourers willing to work for him. Eventually he found enough miners and began the operation. After a year he was having great success, returning large chunks of copper and the deeper they dug into the cliffs, the higher quality of copper they would find. One night, his workers headed across the island into town for a night of drinking, and my grandfather remained alone in the cabin at the mine. He was sitting reading next to his lamp when he heard the door open. He turned to look and didn't see anyone, so assumed it was the wind. He resumed reading, but then a few minutes later the door opened again and he heard heavy footsteps across the wooden floor of the cabin. He got up and looked around, and saw nothing. He again closed the door and went back to his reading. An hour or so passed, and heard the footsteps again - only this time the door hadn't opened first. He stood up suddenly, and said firmly, "Is there anyone there?" Then from the empty darkness of the cabin he heard a voice reply, "Just you and me." My grandfather immediately said, "Well give me a minute to put my boots on, and it'll be just you." He grabbed his boots and left the cabin and walked 12 miles in the dark woods straight to town without stopping. After that night he shut down the mine, burned all documentation of it and never returned to the West side of the island. Even 50 years later, he would not even step foot on the other shore, would not talk about that night, and wouldn't tell anyone where the mine or the cabin were.



I'm sure I have some other tales of Maritime ghosts that I have seen to tell, but I'll save them for another time.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 10:17 AM   #12
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism
 
playtetris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: a happy place
Posts: 4,923
playtetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Do you believe or have seen ghost before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
I live in a very coastal place where every little cove and inlet has ghost stories associated with it. As a child growing up, we were told dozens of ghost stories, which really helped us gain an appreciation for the history of the area in which we live. It is so much a part of our culture that seeing odd things or hearing sounds at night in the woods or along the shore isn't abnormal. That isn't to say that we don't get scared of ghosts, but these things are regular occurrences in a region with hundreds of years of settlements and military battles.

Some of my personal encounters always seem to stem from the water or old mines. One of my favourties is from my grandfather himself. The story took place on the island of Grand Manan, a rather large isle in the Bay of Fundy which is divided into 2 halves. On the East side you've got the quaint fishing villages, friendly people, tourist shops, etc. (it's like the coast of New England for those who know it). On the West side of the island, there are no permanent settlements, the trees grow shorter as they've been stunted by the wind, and the whole 25 mile coast is made up of dark cliffs rising 400 feet from the ocean surface. This dark side of the island is notorious with mariners and locals for its strange character. I've been there numerous times and I call tell you there is something odd about that place. As soon as you step upon her shore, you feel different. There is an eeriness in the air, the sun never shines warmth upon your back, and men are driven to strange behaviour. The shore along here is riddled with dozens of shipwrecks from ill-fated tall ships who never reached their destination. It was a refuge for pirates in the 1700s, and in the 20th century, it was a hideout for rum smugglers on their way to the USA from Canada during prohibition.

So I don't think I need to tell you that there are some frightening ghosts in the environs. If you spend the night in the woods there, be prepared to hear the Dungarven Whooper (the ghost of a young man from a logging camp who murdered his boss' daughter, and then was killed in revenge); or to see a ghost ship cross the horizon, sometimes with a lantern glowing faintly on the bow (when the ghosts ships appear, the wind grows still and all sound ceases as the whales stop breaching at the surface).

Many a man has tried to tame the West side of Grand Manan, for it holds a wealth of copper in its basalt cliffs. One of these men was my grandfather who opened a mine near Money Cove almost a century ago (Money Cove is name such because a treasure ship wrecked there in the 19th century causing hundreds of gold doubloons to wash ashore, and some still do even today after big storm surges). Everyone told him he was a fool to start a mine over there, and he had a harm time finding labourers willing to work for him. Eventually he found enough miners and began the operation. After a year he was having great success, returning large chunks of copper and the deeper they dug into the cliffs, the higher quality of copper they would find. One night, his workers headed across the island into town for a night of drinking, and my grandfather remained alone in the cabin at the mine. He was sitting reading next to his lamp when he heard the door open. He turned to look and didn't see anyone, so assumed it was the wind. He resumed reading, but then a few minutes later the door opened again and he heard heavy footsteps across the wooden floor of the cabin. He got up and looked around, and saw nothing. He again closed the door and went back to his reading. An hour or so passed, and heard the footsteps again - only this time the door hadn't opened first. He stood up suddenly, and said firmly, "Is there anyone there?" Then from the empty darkness of the cabin he heard a voice reply, "Just you and me." My grandfather immediately said, "Well give me a minute to put my boots on, and it'll be just you." He grabbed his boots and left the cabin and walked 12 miles in the dark woods straight to town without stopping. After that night he shut down the mine, burned all documentation of it and never returned to the West side of the island. Even 50 years later, he would not even step foot on the other shore, would not talk about that night, and wouldn't tell anyone where the mine or the cabin were.



I'm sure I have some other tales of Maritime ghosts that I have seen to tell, but I'll save them for another time.

great story! i got chills when i read that little dialogue part...
playtetris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 11:53 AM   #13
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It
 
ForceOfNature's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,146
ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Do you believe or have seen ghost before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomoSexual
they dont exist

That's not true, haven't you seen the show "A Haunting" on Discovery Channel? Although I personally have never seen one, those are TRUE stories, they don't make that **** up. It happens when the person dies in a bad way basically, and their lives are really not complete, and they want more in the afterlife. That's what ghosts are basically.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 01:17 PM   #14
kidachi
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Do you believe or have seen ghost before?

i saw john belushi and chris farley yesterday.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 01:22 PM   #15
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox
 
Kebab Stall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Grizz-mania
Posts: 10,760
Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Do you believe or have seen ghost before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
I live in a very coastal place where every little cove and inlet has ghost stories associated with it. As a child growing up, we were told dozens of ghost stories, which really helped us gain an appreciation for the history of the area in which we live. It is so much a part of our culture that seeing odd things or hearing sounds at night in the woods or along the shore isn't abnormal. That isn't to say that we don't get scared of ghosts, but these things are regular occurrences in a region with hundreds of years of settlements and military battles.

Some of my personal encounters always seem to stem from the water or old mines. One of my favourties is from my grandfather himself. The story took place on the island of Grand Manan, a rather large isle in the Bay of Fundy which is divided into 2 halves. On the East side you've got the quaint fishing villages, friendly people, tourist shops, etc. (it's like the coast of New England for those who know it). On the West side of the island, there are no permanent settlements, the trees grow shorter as they've been stunted by the wind, and the whole 25 mile coast is made up of dark cliffs rising 400 feet from the ocean surface. This dark side of the island is notorious with mariners and locals for its strange character. I've been there numerous times and I call tell you there is something odd about that place. As soon as you step upon her shore, you feel different. There is an eeriness in the air, the sun never shines warmth upon your back, and men are driven to strange behaviour. The shore along here is riddled with dozens of shipwrecks from ill-fated tall ships who never reached their destination. It was a refuge for pirates in the 1700s, and in the 20th century, it was a hideout for rum smugglers on their way to the USA from Canada during prohibition.

So I don't think I need to tell you that there are some frightening ghosts in the environs. If you spend the night in the woods there, be prepared to hear the Dungarven Whooper (the ghost of a young man from a logging camp who murdered his boss' daughter, and then was killed in revenge); or to see a ghost ship cross the horizon, sometimes with a lantern glowing faintly on the bow (when the ghosts ships appear, the wind grows still and all sound ceases as the whales stop breaching at the surface).

Many a man has tried to tame the West side of Grand Manan, for it holds a wealth of copper in its basalt cliffs. One of these men was my grandfather who opened a mine near Money Cove almost a century ago (Money Cove is name such because a treasure ship wrecked there in the 19th century causing hundreds of gold doubloons to wash ashore, and some still do even today after big storm surges). Everyone told him he was a fool to start a mine over there, and he had a harm time finding labourers willing to work for him. Eventually he found enough miners and began the operation. After a year he was having great success, returning large chunks of copper and the deeper they dug into the cliffs, the higher quality of copper they would find. One night, his workers headed across the island into town for a night of drinking, and my grandfather remained alone in the cabin at the mine. He was sitting reading next to his lamp when he heard the door open. He turned to look and didn't see anyone, so assumed it was the wind. He resumed reading, but then a few minutes later the door opened again and he heard heavy footsteps across the wooden floor of the cabin. He got up and looked around, and saw nothing. He again closed the door and went back to his reading. An hour or so passed, and heard the footsteps again - only this time the door hadn't opened first. He stood up suddenly, and said firmly, "Is there anyone there?" Then from the empty darkness of the cabin he heard a voice reply, "Just you and me." My grandfather immediately said, "Well give me a minute to put my boots on, and it'll be just you." He grabbed his boots and left the cabin and walked 12 miles in the dark woods straight to town without stopping. After that night he shut down the mine, burned all documentation of it and never returned to the West side of the island. Even 50 years later, he would not even step foot on the other shore, would not talk about that night, and wouldn't tell anyone where the mine or the cabin were.



I'm sure I have some other tales of Maritime ghosts that I have seen to tell, but I'll save them for another time.
I swear I could of read this on here before. Kwajo, did you copy paste some of this from one of your older posts?
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:04 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy