Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-15-2007, 01:24 PM   #16
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Do you believe or have seen ghost before?

yeah part of it, because I didn't think anyone read the other one. I guess that would make this thread itself a ghost of ISH's past.

I hope since this was perhaps your second time reading my tale of ghostly figures, that you didn't find it any less enjoyable.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 01:28 PM   #17
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Ya, I have seen one ghost for sure. The other one I am not so sure what it was.

It was about 2:00am and I had woken up and I see an ethereal figure walk my way and I am pretty much frozen and then it walks back to the door and disappears.

I was pretty certain it was my grandmother that died before I was born. Why? I was at my relatives house for thanksgiving and there was a picture of her in my aunt's bedroom and I said, "Man, I wish I had seen her." The next night when I went home that ghost appeared and it resembled her almost perfectly.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 01:31 PM   #18
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidachi
i saw john belushi and chris farley yesterday.
You were watching SNL reruns so that doesn't count.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 02:02 PM   #19
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
I live in a very coastal place where every little cove and inlet has ghost stories associated with it. As a child growing up, we were told dozens of ghost stories, which really helped us gain an appreciation for the history of the area in which we live. It is so much a part of our culture that seeing odd things or hearing sounds at night in the woods or along the shore isn't abnormal. That isn't to say that we don't get scared of ghosts, but these things are regular occurrences in a region with hundreds of years of settlements and military battles.

Some of my personal encounters always seem to stem from the water or old mines. One of my favourties is from my grandfather himself. The story took place on the island of Grand Manan, a rather large isle in the Bay of Fundy which is divided into 2 halves. On the East side you've got the quaint fishing villages, friendly people, tourist shops, etc. (it's like the coast of New England for those who know it). On the West side of the island, there are no permanent settlements, the trees grow shorter as they've been stunted by the wind, and the whole 25 mile coast is made up of dark cliffs rising 400 feet from the ocean surface. This dark side of the island is notorious with mariners and locals for its strange character. I've been there numerous times and I call tell you there is something odd about that place. As soon as you step upon her shore, you feel different. There is an eeriness in the air, the sun never shines warmth upon your back, and men are driven to strange behaviour. The shore along here is riddled with dozens of shipwrecks from ill-fated tall ships who never reached their destination. It was a refuge for pirates in the 1700s, and in the 20th century, it was a hideout for rum smugglers on their way to the USA from Canada during prohibition.

So I don't think I need to tell you that there are some frightening ghosts in the environs. If you spend the night in the woods there, be prepared to hear the Dungarven Whooper (the ghost of a young man from a logging camp who murdered his boss' daughter, and then was killed in revenge); or to see a ghost ship cross the horizon, sometimes with a lantern glowing faintly on the bow (when the ghosts ships appear, the wind grows still and all sound ceases as the whales stop breaching at the surface).

Many a man has tried to tame the West side of Grand Manan, for it holds a wealth of copper in its basalt cliffs. One of these men was my grandfather who opened a mine near Money Cove almost a century ago (Money Cove is name such because a treasure ship wrecked there in the 19th century causing hundreds of gold doubloons to wash ashore, and some still do even today after big storm surges). Everyone told him he was a fool to start a mine over there, and he had a harm time finding labourers willing to work for him. Eventually he found enough miners and began the operation. After a year he was having great success, returning large chunks of copper and the deeper they dug into the cliffs, the higher quality of copper they would find. One night, his workers headed across the island into town for a night of drinking, and my grandfather remained alone in the cabin at the mine. He was sitting reading next to his lamp when he heard the door open. He turned to look and didn't see anyone, so assumed it was the wind. He resumed reading, but then a few minutes later the door opened again and he heard heavy footsteps across the wooden floor of the cabin. He got up and looked around, and saw nothing. He again closed the door and went back to his reading. An hour or so passed, and heard the footsteps again - only this time the door hadn't opened first. He stood up suddenly, and said firmly, "Is there anyone there?" Then from the empty darkness of the cabin he heard a voice reply, "Just you and me." My grandfather immediately said, "Well give me a minute to put my boots on, and it'll be just you." He grabbed his boots and left the cabin and walked 12 miles in the dark woods straight to town without stopping. After that night he shut down the mine, burned all documentation of it and never returned to the West side of the island. Even 50 years later, he would not even step foot on the other shore, would not talk about that night, and wouldn't tell anyone where the mine or the cabin were.

I'm sure I have some other tales of Maritime ghosts that I have seen to tell, but I'll save them for another time.

Really good story Kwajo...very enjoyable yet spooky! I believe in ghost and spirits but have never seen one. All thos shows are cool "a haunting" and "creepy Canada"...wicked stuff
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 03:03 PM   #20
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

true story, i don't know if it was my imagination or real but here goes...i was at work the night my mom died it was at 5pm or so and i left work to go pick up my brother and get him some dinner while my step father took care of some stuff at the hospital... so i leave work and pull up to a traffic light and go to pick up my smokes off the passenger seat and my mom was sitting there, she looked really beutiful just like she had before she got sick.. she just sat there for a second and then smiled and went away... i had to pull over for like 10 minutes and regroup...lol i wasn't scared but i was really shaken..
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 03:17 PM   #21
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

DieHardBullsFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
true story, i don't know if it was my imagination or real but here goes...i was at work the night my mom died it was at 5pm or so and i left work to go pick up my brother and get him some dinner while my step father took care of some stuff at the hospital... so i leave work and pull up to a traffic light and go to pick up my smokes off the passenger seat and my mom was sitting there, she looked really beutiful just like she had before she got sick.. she just sat there for a second and then smiled and went away... i had to pull over for like 10 minutes and regroup...lol i wasn't scared but i was really shaken..

wow dude If I ever see a ghost Id probably faint like a little ***** lmao.....
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 05:40 PM   #22
go_blue
High school junior varsity star

go_blue has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
One time , many years ago when I was about 9 or 10, I could have sworn I'd seen Abraham Lincoln in my house.
go_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 05:43 PM   #23
go_blue
High school junior varsity star

go_blue has an OK reputation so far

i have yet to see a ghost but i have felt the presence of one many times
go_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 05:45 PM   #24
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
yeah part of it, because I didn't think anyone read the other one. I guess that would make this thread itself a ghost of ISH's past.

I hope since this was perhaps your second time reading my tale of ghostly figures, that you didn't find it any less enjoyable.
Well, since this thread was bumped, I may aswell reply. To answer your question, yes, I did enjoy it for a second time, the comment your Grandad made was pretty funny, "Well give me a minute to put my boots on, and it'll be just you."
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 06:38 PM   #25
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I was sleeping in my bedroom, and woke up to see a white figure staring at me in the middle of my room. At first I got scared, but then I got angry that it wasn't responding to me. I got up and walked over to it and punched it, right in the gut, or so I thought. It was my rocking chair with a pile of whites on it. I forgot to include those in the laundry that past night.

I ended up hitting a nail that was sticking out the the chair, too. I got a scar, and I look at it every once in a while and laugh to myself.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 06:44 PM   #26
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I was sleeping in my bedroom, and woke up to see a white figure staring at me in the middle of my room. At first I got scared, but then I got angry that it wasn't responding to me. I got up and walked over to it and punched it, right in the gut, or so I thought. It was my rocking chair with a pile of whites on it. I forgot to include those in the laundry that past night.

I ended up hitting a nail that was sticking out the the chair, too. I got a scar, and I look at it every once in a while and laugh to myself.
haha oh gosh.. when i was a kid about 8 or 9, my bed was next to the window, one night i looked out between the blinds and all i saw was this eye staring back, i paniced and went running for mom, she came looked out the window and of course there was nothing there..i was so scared though i had seen it... a little later i worked up the courage peered between the slats again and there it was ! arrrg my blood ran cold, then i realized it was the reflection of my own eye...lol
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 06:56 PM   #27
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Take Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation here

I laugh everytime when I think of this story...

Back in my freshman year of college, i was smoking out with a buddy of mine out at a public park around 2am as most degenerates my age would do.

Nobody in sight -- houses are probably about a quarter mile away on all sides.

So we're walking back to the car along the sidewalk through the middle of the park where the swings were talking about something when out of nowhere I hear the sounds of kids laughing and playing in a playground and swings creaking. Remember --- not a soul in sight.

I look over with what must have been a priceless look on my face and see in my friend's bugged eyes that he had heard the same exact thing.

Maaaann...we ran so ****ing fast...

I was running ahead of my friend, he dropped his keys behind me while he was running but I just kept on going :
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 07:33 PM   #28
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

DieHardBullsFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Your Lumps
I laugh everytime when I think of this story...

Back in my freshman year of college, i was smoking out with a buddy of mine out at a public park around 2am as most degenerates my age would do.

Nobody in sight -- houses are probably about a quarter mile away on all sides.

So we're walking back to the car along the sidewalk through the middle of the park where the swings were talking about something when out of nowhere I hear the sounds of kids laughing and playing in a playground and swings creaking. Remember --- not a soul in sight.

I look over with what must have been a priceless look on my face and see in my friend's bugged eyes that he had heard the same exact thing.

Maaaann...we ran so ****ing fast...

I was running ahead of my friend, he dropped his keys behind me while he was running but I just kept on going :

lol what college was this at?
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 07:51 PM   #29
dawsey6
/thread

dawsey6 has decent reputationdawsey6 has decent reputation

I saw Ghostface Killah in concert once.
dawsey6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 08:20 PM   #30
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

My grandmother told me a few interesting tales..

They were in a small farming town in the middle of the woods, on horse and carriage (3 horse and carriages in total, i think there were 4 people on each one), and my grandparents were in the front one.

Out of nowhere, two little girls walked out from the woods onto the small path they were on, and just stood in front of their carriage. The horses stopped, and my grandfather asked, "What are you doing out here all alone?" They didn't answer him.. so then he said "Where are your parents, do they know your all the way out here?"

The two girls just continued to stare at my grandfather and then slowly turned around and walked back into the woods and vanished. Two people from the other carriages ran up to my grandfather and asked why they had stopped in the middle of the path.. and my grandfather said "Those two girls are going to get lost out here, we should bring them back into town", to which the other man replied, "What two girls?"

Creepy ****. I 2-3 more stories but I don't wanna write a novel here, I'll wait for some more replies.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: