Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-15-2007, 01:54 PM   #1
FRpilot
I hit open 5-footers

FRpilot has an OK reputation so far
Default Jamal Magloire

Unfortunately, everyone in my league was center hungry and snatched them all up before I had the chance, so i just choose the best available player at that round at the time.. (couldn't get dwight howard in 3rd, so took iverson, couldn't get okafor in 4th so got ron artest, etc.

anyways, i didnt grab a center till the 7th round and by then all i could come up with was al harrington, who might lose his center eligibility. in the 8th, 9th, 10th i took kaman, bynum, darko respectively. those are some pretty sad starting centers, and i think i need a real center (reb and blks like howard, duncan) to challenge those cats.

should i pick up magloire? he's still waiver wire right now and i dont see anyone in new jersey being a center other than krystic and sean williams.

my waiver crap to drop is fisher, stevie franchise killer, and turkoglu. i think turkoglu will be good, and i'll have to see what the other 2 will do. i might have enough 3s and stls that i dont need fisher, but what if he becomes a 2 3pt, 1.5stls guy? do you think magloire is my solution? i think i have the talent to win blks/rebs if i pick up 1 more 10/10/1.5 center

the rest of my team is

1. (6) Gilbert Arenas PG
2. (19) Josh Smith SG,SF
3. (30) Allen Iverson PG,SG
4. (43) Ron Artest SF
5. (54) Mike Miller SG,SF
6. (67) Raymond Felton PG,SG
7. (78) Al Harrington PF,C
8. (91) Chris Kaman C
9. (102) Andrew Bynum C
10. (115) Darko Milicic PF,C
11. (126) Hedo Turkoglu SG,SF
12. (139) Derek Fisher PG
13. (150) Steve Francis PG
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 01:57 PM   #2
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Jamal Magloire

Admittedly I've been kind of hyping Joel Przybilla a lot lately. If he's available you might consider dropping Fisher for him.
I think he'll be good for REB, BLK, decent FT% for center (he's improved his shot) and maybe even points.

I'm envisioning 8/8/2.5 from him.

No way Magloire's going to average more than 1 block a game.

BTW, what are the lineup slots in your league? I ask because you only have 2 PF eligible players.

Last edited by thejoyofsobe : 10-15-2007 at 02:04 PM.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 02:17 PM   #3
FRpilot
I hit open 5-footers

FRpilot has an OK reputation so far

wow good eye. it's pg,sg,g,sf,pf,f,c,c,utl,utl, bn,bn,bn

i think i should be good at pf with harrington, darko, kaman, bynum. it's just, none of these centers are really worthy. i drafted josh smith to help me win blks. if one of my crappy Cs goes down, then i'll have to pick up waiver wire crap..

i've been eyeing przybilla too, but the thing is, he's always injured. i'll be lucky if i get 60 games with him. magloire, i can see being 10/9.5/1

yes, no way magloire gets more than 1 blk. i had him 2 yrs ago when he was with milwakee and the only option and i hated him for killing my FGs and his production dropped later on in the season.

i think i have enough 3s and stls that i can drop fisher. or use him as bait.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 02:30 PM   #4
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Yep, Przybilla's definitely an injury risk but with a free agent pick up don't really worry about it and look at the upside.
Magloire could do that well, but also look at his averages last season considering Przybilla, Randolph and Aldridge were injured for long stretches. I think how he does really depends on how well Nenad Krstic comes back from injury and how Sean Williams develops. Krstic isn't really a strong rebounder but neither was Bogut when Magloire played in Milwaukee. At think at best, Magloire could put up his numbers from Milwaukee (9.2/9.5/1) but I'm thinking it'll probably be more like (8/7/.8).

Hopefully Josh Smith gains PF eligibility soon because with only two eligible players for that spot you could see days where you have to leave a spot open where you would otherwise have a player accumulating stats. It'd be worse if either Darko or Harrington go down with an injury.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:49 PM   #5
elz
Dylan spits hot fire!

elz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot
wow good eye. it's pg,sg,g,sf,pf,f,c,c,utl,utl, bn,bn,bn

i think i should be good at pf with harrington, darko, kaman, bynum. it's just, none of these centers are really worthy. i drafted josh smith to help me win blks. if one of my crappy Cs goes down, then i'll have to pick up waiver wire crap..

i've been eyeing przybilla too, but the thing is, he's always injured. i'll be lucky if i get 60 games with him. magloire, i can see being 10/9.5/1

yes, no way magloire gets more than 1 blk. i had him 2 yrs ago when he was with milwakee and the only option and i hated him for killing my FGs and his production dropped later on in the season.

i think i have enough 3s and stls that i can drop fisher. or use him as bait.

IF YOU DRAFT Magloire keep an Eye on Sean Williams
he's a underrated draft pick who avg 5blks in College
and with Jason Kidd feeding the post and that kids athleticism he could really steal Jamal's Minutes and even steal his starting slot

I prefer Joe Przybilla but they got both Lafrentz and Channing Frye
let alone Joel injury issues he's gonna split minutes

Try Perkins or Blount if he's available
and though health is a concern Ratliff could put up some number
elz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:14 PM   #6
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

If you're just looking for a power forward that can rebound, Reggie Evans might be the guy for you. I don't think you're going to be hurting for blocks because you have Smith, Kaman, Bynum and Milicic. Those four ought to put you near the top of your league.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:17 PM   #7
HoopitUP
Serious playground baller

HoopitUP has an OK reputation so far

Is kendrick perkins available ? if not, i think these centres will be ok not that consistant but will get your centre stats, fg%. rebs and blks -

A Foyle- Magic (old dude but should get a decent 20-25 minsa game looked good in preseason

P Obryant - Warriors looks ok, may even take minutes away from biedrins.

and Kendrick - he played injued last year so didnt show full potential. couple of good preseason games very scrappy. plus with the big 3 taking most of the attention away i cant see why he cant get 7-8 rebs and blk here and there.

you should have drafted big boys straight away. big boys are always good for traid bait. hope that helps
HoopitUP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: