Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 07-19-2006, 10:04 PM   #1
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Othella Harrington signs with Bobcats

http://www.insidehoops.com/harringto...s-071906.shtml

Good signing for you guys. I had hoped he would come back to Houston.

Last edited by insidehoops : 07-19-2006 at 10:31 PM.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 11:16 PM   #2
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

good signing, maybe this means that there will be a sign and trade with ely
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 07:14 AM   #3
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool

Harrington? He's a PF, right? I thought the cats were already two good guys deep (Okafor, May) at the 4?
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:14 AM   #4
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Harrington can play center too and likely will in Charlotte.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 12:46 PM   #5
MikeUK
Decent playground baller

MikeUK has an OK reputation so far

Yeah a decent back up at center but can't see us having a 6'9 center in Harrington and a 6'9 PF in May, on at once. Would get swamped.

Not really that excited about him but if Ely is going then he's an OK replacement I guess. Otherwise I'd prefer Ely and May backing up and surely we wouldn't have got Harrington in as the third stringer for both positions would they? Like man 11 or 12 on the bench and have him predominantly as injury cover considering last season?
MikeUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 01:12 PM   #6
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

dwillreg has an OK reputation so far

Who is Othella Harrington?
dwillreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 07:28 PM   #7
throwitdwnbigman
Can barely lace up my sneakers

throwitdwnbigman has an OK reputation so far

harrington is a great pickup...he average 6pts and 2rebs last season.

You guys are ridiculous
throwitdwnbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 07:38 PM   #8
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

The Charlotte Bobcats apologize to you, throwitdwnbigman, for not living up to your standards of signing big free agents we don't need that will not improve this growing franchise. The Charlotte Bobcats also apologize to you for being a douche, even though you cannot help it, our deepest sympathies go out to you and your loved ones.

Sincerely,
The Charlotte Bobcats.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:30 PM   #9
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation

cough cough dousche cough
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 10:08 AM   #10
Czar
I airball my layups

Czar has an OK reputation so far

Othella is a 3rd string PF. He will be good if Okafur and May goes down again. Thats about it. You guys probably won't make the playoffs, but there are a few good Centers coming out in next year's draft.
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 02:27 PM   #11
throwitdwnbigman

im sorry, he average 7pts and 4 rebs last season. that is much better!

the bobcats should write to me and all the fans, it wouldnt take long considering this franchise has ZERO fan base. When you gotta sell lower level season tickets for $199? that is ridiculous. Star power is exactly what this team is missing.

The team makes no attempts at signing talent ethier. They could have made a play at Ben Wallace. Im not saying he would come here but at least offer him $50 mill to build some good PR and make it look like your interested in signing talent.
Old 07-22-2006, 02:32 PM   #12
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation

I'm sorry but this shouldn't even a thread. Who wants to talk about this guy? C'mon.
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 03:47 PM   #13
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwitdwnbigman
im sorry, he average 7pts and 4 rebs last season. that is much better!

the bobcats should write to me and all the fans, it wouldnt take long considering this franchise has ZERO fan base. When you gotta sell lower level season tickets for $199? that is ridiculous. Star power is exactly what this team is missing.

The team makes no attempts at signing talent ethier. They could have made a play at Ben Wallace. Im not saying he would come here but at least offer him $50 mill to build some good PR and make it look like your interested in signing talent.
If you don't know **** about this team then dont post here man. do you want to know why this team has a small fan base? because it just started. they had to have an expansion draft to get players and team's didn't give up much talent for us. do you want to know the reason the team makes no effort to sign star talent? because our goal is to develope guys like Okafor, Felton and Morrison into star players. Ah! Light bulb. We didn't need Ben Wallace, we had Okafor and stacked with about 4 other forwards.
Old 07-22-2006, 04:20 PM   #14
throwitdwnbigman

no no no you dont understand Timmeh? idk how old you are? BUT if you dont remember the Hornets played here a long time ago? and they sold out the old coliseum every night when they had larry johnson, rice, mourning until word got out about the team being moved.

many of the poeple of charlotte turned their backs to the thought of a new team in charlotte. Heck they didnt want the new arena to be built, which the taxpayers are paying for and they are not too happy about.

dont give me that Sh*t about them just starting, thats a sh*t excuse. the fans base is here to be taken but why would people want to be fans of this team?

and another thing...read my post, you offer wallace a deal knowing you arnt gonna get him but you do it as a PR move. let the local and national media know you are willing to make a move. give the fans something to talk about

BACK TO THE ORIGIN OF THE POST: Harrington sucks. I think this story made the back page of the Charlotte Observer in a blurb WHY? cause no one cares and Othella Harrington.
Old 07-22-2006, 05:30 PM   #15
obonpaxis
Decent playground baller

obonpaxis has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwitdwnbigman
no no no you dont understand Timmeh? idk how old you are? BUT if you dont remember the Hornets played here a long time ago? and they sold out the old coliseum every night when they had larry johnson, rice, mourning until word got out about the team being moved.

The Hornets franchise was a novelty--even non-NBA fans were stoked that there was something new to do in Charlotte. Remember--we were selling out games when Kelly Tripucka, Kurt Rambis, and JR Reid were our STAR PLAYERS.

However, attendance started dipping WAY before the team announced the move:

LJ inks a monster contract.

'Zo then gives the first hissy-fit of his long hissy-fit career when HE doesn't get the same deal that LJ got.

'Zo moves on to Miami. Attendance drops.

LJ's back goes out and he's traded for Anthony Mason. Attendance drops.

We trade the rights to Kobe Bryant for Floppy Divac. Attendance drops.

Owner Shinn gets caught with his pants literally down. Attendance drops.

Lockout season followed by Derrick Coleman signing and Dave Cowens meltdown. After Glen Rice trade, fans fail to rally behind Eddie Jones and Elden Campbell--attendance drops.

Bobby Phills dies after racing David Wesley in apparent failed casting call for The Fast and the Furious--attendance drops.

Voter referendum ends with the city telling George Shinn to go to hell. Bye bye Hornets.

It was a long and slow slide to the bottom, and Shinn is STILL sliding.

Remember--Charlotte is still a good ol' boy NFL/NASCAR town and the Panthers are rightfully being favored by many to win the Superbowl. Attendance will be up for the 'Cats this year, but we won't see the salad days of '88-95 any time soon. Some wonderbread fans want to make sure that there are no Anthony Masons/Derrick Coleman types on the team, and a lot of feathers were ruffled because of Bob Johnson's statements that he would be a minority-first owner (the conspiracy theorist in me wonders whether Johnson had the alienated Dumb Angry White NASCAR-dad contingent in mind when Morrison was selected third overall).

Overall--I'm happy with the direction the franchise is going. Give it time--babysteps.
obonpaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: