Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 10-16-2007, 06:44 AM   #1
Finn T-Mac
Great young streetballer

Finn T-Mac has an OK reputation so far
Default The ROCKETS season PROGRESS

Quote:
When the elimination game ended, the brash confidence McGrady exuded before the series was absent. “Maybe I could have made an extra play,” he said. “Maybe I could have gathered those loose rebounds we didn’t get coming down the stretch of the game. Maybe I could have done more. It didn’t happen.”

When a follow-up question was posed, McGrady paused, bowed his head and wiped away a couple of tears, looking back up before saying, “I can’t.”

Two games after dishing out a career-high 16 assists in the Rockets’ Game 5 win, McGrady finished the series’ swan song with a terrific 29 points and 13 assists. But the years of hearing about the failures had obviously worn on the man.

“I said, ‘This team is gonna go as far as I can take ’em.’ And I tried my best. I tried, man.”

Not this ANYMORE! As a McGrady fan I hate to see this in the upcoming season! With all the additions to the Rockets roster, it's time to go deep into the playoffs. Scola, Francis, Brooks, James and Adelman (as a coach) should make this team deep.

So I made this thread to follow the Rockets season progress. I'll post here the W and L from time to time and everyone can comment on the season and how it's gone.

Last edited by Finn T-Mac : 10-16-2007 at 06:49 AM.
Finn T-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 01:17 PM   #2
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: The ROCKETS season PROGRESS

i think this our year. the whole team looks good out there. and rafer is looking better than ever. this could be because the pressure of mike james or francis starting over him, so he's showing the coach what he can do.

also, are you doing preseason?
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 02:43 AM   #3
Finn T-Mac
Great young streetballer

Nah, I ain't doing the preseason, but there's only something like 13 days 18 hours and 17 minutes untill the season tip-off! Can't wait.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:54 AM   #4
Finn T-Mac
Great young streetballer

Okay, finally time to write here something. The Rockets started this season strong, going 6-1 and lead the Western conference. Now this seem to go wrong, just for a while. The Rockets are now 6-5 and McGrady in injured for about a week. When T-Mac is out it now looks like that Yao can't carry the team by himself. Didn't the same thing happen last season when Tracy was out. Yao is averaging 17 ppg in three loses without T-Mac and 13 ppg in last two games. Now should that tell you whos team this is (when it seems to be a topic every year in this forum!) But no worries. I expect McGrady to return at the end of next week and the Rockets can stack some in W column. As I've watched some Rockets games it has looked better than last season. They move the ball well and create much more open shots and it should just get better when they learn the new system more. The experiense, or lack of it, shows now with too many turnovers. I think Yao and T-Mac don't face so many douple teams as they used to in the past, cause of the fast pace and good movement. So I'll expect good season and hope Yao can carry this team one more week.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:44 PM   #5
DOMINATOR
Decent playground baller

DOMINATOR has an OK reputation so far

well rockets were worn out by a the hard schedule. 4 games in 5 nights last one against the suns. quite clear yao was tired because he missed his first freethrow against the suns.

hope the rockets crush the mavs wednesday. tmac will be back with a rested yao and a very confident Scola.
DOMINATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: