Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 07-21-2006, 04:31 PM   #1
cyco127
Local High School Star

cyco127 has an OK reputation so far
Thumbs up LHM on Carlos Boozer on Utah radio

Funky title huh...

So I just read that Larry Miller called one of the radio stations in Utah to update Jazz fans on Carlos....

Said that 'Los called him to inform his of the birth of their ('Los & CeCe's) first child (Congrats to the Boozer Family ).

Also said that Carlos asked about all the trade rumors. LHM said that he WILL NOT be traded. Carlos asked if he could count on that, Larry said "YES, you can count on that."

LHM also said that Carlos re-iterated his desire to play for the Jazz since childhood.

I really hope the rumor mill gets wind of this and leaves my boy alone... But somehow I doubt that it will.
cyco127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 08:43 AM   #2
lowblok
High School Varsity 6th Man

lowblok has an OK reputation so far

I heard he's going to..................just kidding!

That's great news, everything looking up.
lowblok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 10:26 AM   #3
dblockrep2
Can barely lace up my sneakers

dblockrep2 has an OK reputation so far

"Carlos re-iterated his desire to play for the Jazz since childhood"
Thats just a sad childhood
dblockrep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 02:43 PM   #4
cyco127
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblockrep2
"Carlos re-iterated his desire to play for the Jazz since childhood"
Thats just a sad childhood

Not when you wanna be Karl Malone...
Old 07-22-2006, 10:15 PM   #5
Bricklayer
Decent playground baller

Bricklayer has no real reputation yet.

I wanna see how this team does. I hope we don't make any more moves and just let these guys play the whole season together - without injury. I would say it takes about a year for a group of guys to get their chemistry going anyway. I predict we'll be around 5th or 6th seed playoffs this year... and with the chemistry developed and no injuries... we'll be surprise contenders the next year. I'm not kidding. Put it on your fridge, make it a bumper sticker, do whatever you gotta do. This team has potential.
Bricklayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 11:22 PM   #6
Summit42
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Summit42 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyco127
Funky title huh...

So I just read that Larry Miller called one of the radio stations in Utah to update Jazz fans on Carlos....

Said that 'Los called him to inform his of the birth of their ('Los & CeCe's) first child (Congrats to the Boozer Family ).

Also said that Carlos asked about all the trade rumors. LHM said that he WILL NOT be traded. Carlos asked if he could count on that, Larry said "YES, you can count on that."

LHM also said that Carlos re-iterated his desire to play for the Jazz since childhood.

I really hope the rumor mill gets wind of this and leaves my boy alone... But somehow I doubt that it will.

STokeD!
With the healthy three of Boozer, Okur, and Kirilenko. The Jazz will have one of the best front lines in the NBA.
Summit42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 06:29 AM   #7
lowblok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricklayer
I wanna see how this team does. I hope we don't make any more moves and just let these guys play the whole season together - without injury. I would say it takes about a year for a group of guys to get their chemistry going anyway. I predict we'll be around 5th or 6th seed playoffs this year... and with the chemistry developed and no injuries... we'll be surprise contenders the next year. I'm not kidding. Put it on your fridge, make it a bumper sticker, do whatever you gotta do. This team has potential.

I'm with you all the way man!
Old 07-23-2006, 01:47 PM   #8
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

This is the year the jazz core has to make it happen, or else it may be time to deal some key parts
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 04:51 PM   #9
cyco127
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
This is the year the jazz core has to make it happen, or else it may be time to deal some key parts

When you say, 'make it happen' I assume you mean 'make the playoffs'...
The thing is this team's core is still pretty young. None of these guys have reached his peak, they're still getting better as players. Unless their is chemistry issues or unexplained suckiness, I think Utah should hold on to it's core. That being said, we are still in need of some shotblocking and outside shooting(though brewer and miles were shooting well from outside in the RMR).
Old 07-23-2006, 11:25 PM   #10
lowblok

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyco127
When you say, 'make it happen' I assume you mean 'make the playoffs'...
The thing is this team's core is still pretty young. None of these guys have reached his peak, they're still getting better as players. Unless their is chemistry issues or unexplained suckiness, I think Utah should hold on to it's core. That being said, we are still in need of some shotblocking and outside shooting(though brewer and miles were shooting well from outside in the RMR).

You know I got your back on this one!
Old 07-24-2006, 12:32 AM   #11
Bricklayer
Decent playground baller

Bricklayer has no real reputation yet.

That's true... if they don't mesh, who do we trade? I would have a tough time trading ANY of our core players away - Boozer (provides inside scoring and rebounding), Okur (provides spread-the-defense outside scoring, which draws a big man away from Boozer down low), D-Will (the general on the floor for the next decade), or Kirilenko (blocks, steals, help defense, and unmeasurable intangibles)??? I would hate to see any of em go, but i couldn't decide which one to get rid of to make us better...
Bricklayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 02:25 AM   #12
lowblok

No one will be traded as long as the JAZZ can't get some sort of value in return. At the moment the other GM's are trying to steal Boozer because of a perception that he did not want to be in Utah. Can't blame them for having a go but I hope all the talk will die down and the team can concentrate on getting ready for the season.
LHM himself has said they will only trade if they get an offer that will improve the team. Right now they have made all the right moves to improve as a team. They just need to be healthy, stay together and they could resemble a Jazz team that use to go deep into the play-offs.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: