Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 10-24-2007, 02:20 PM   #1
J_Rock3ts
The Truth

J_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected poster
Default NBA 2k8 Issue

I'm having an issue with the PS2 version of NBA 2k8, and I'm wondering if anyone has any tips I could use to help me out. When I get an offensive rebound, I'll try to go back up with a strong dunk, because it's usually in traffic. No matter which direction I push though, the player (first Eddy Curry, then I traded him for Jermaine O'Neal) will fade back and try a fadeaway hookshot, which'll undoubtedly miss every time...this'll happen 3 or 4 times during any given possession and it's frustrating. These are power guys I have down low! Am I just doing something wrong, or is it just the way it is?
J_Rock3ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 02:24 PM   #2
Moose

Default Re: NBA 2k8 Issue

I play NBA 2K8 for ps2 as well and that problem has never occurred to me. Did you change any game sliders?
Old 10-24-2007, 04:20 PM   #3
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

I have the issue that whenever i get fouled on the shot they say "1 shot" instead of "2 shots"...its a glitch
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 05:14 PM   #4
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Rock3ts
I'm having an issue with the PS2 version of NBA 2k8, and I'm wondering if anyone has any tips I could use to help me out. When I get an offensive rebound, I'll try to go back up with a strong dunk, because it's usually in traffic. No matter which direction I push though, the player (first Eddy Curry, then I traded him for Jermaine O'Neal) will fade back and try a fadeaway hookshot, which'll undoubtedly miss every time...this'll happen 3 or 4 times during any given possession and it's frustrating. These are power guys I have down low! Am I just doing something wrong, or is it just the way it is?
Make sure you are holding the "aggressive modifier" (not sure what button it is on PS2) and pushing the shotstick toward the basket.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 05:19 PM   #5
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low
I have the issue that whenever i get fouled on the shot they say "1 shot" instead of "2 shots"...its a glitch
Same glitch in 2k7. They didn't even change it. 2k Sports really doesn't care about PS2. Bastards.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:34 PM   #6
Quickness
High School Starter

Quickness has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
Same glitch in 2k7. They didn't even change it. 2k Sports really doesn't care about PS2. Bastards.

I think ps2 is old news now its all about the 360 and ps3 I bet there trying to satisfy those people
Quickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:59 AM   #7
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
Well that is evident when you see that the Raptors still have their old white and purple home jerseys. They don't even have their whie/red home jerseys in the game. Shows how much effort they put into the PS2 version. It is pretty much the exact same as 2K7. I don't really notice much difference between the two.

Do the Raptors have their red/white jerseys in PS3 or XBOX 360? If not, I guess they just don't care about the Raptors.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: