Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 10-17-2007, 03:33 AM   #1
jimmyjames
Serious playground baller

jimmyjames has no real reputation yet.
Question How many wins will the Atlanta Hawks finish with?

My guess is somewhere between 28-33 wins. They will more than likely finish with the 5th worst record in the league. So the Suns have an excellent chance at getting a top 5 pick. Who would be a good fit for the Suns with a top 5 pick? I am thinking they need to get a franchise type of PG in that draft who can eventually replace Nash in a few years.

What do yall think the Hawks will finish at?
jimmyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 03:38 AM   #2
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation
Default Re: How many wins will the Atlanta Hawks finish with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjames
My guess is somewhere between 28-33 wins. They will more than likely finish with the 5th worst record in the league. So the Suns have an excellent chance at getting a top 5 pick. Who would be a good fit for the Suns with a top 5 pick? I am thinking they need to get a franchise type of PG in that draft who can eventually replace Nash in a few years.

What do yall think the Hawks will finish at?

37 wins. I'm not sure the east is getting better and I believe the team won 33 last year... So I believe they'll improve a few games.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 03:42 AM   #3
SomeBunghole
Banned

SomeBunghole has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Who would be a good fit for the Suns with a top 5 pick? I am thinking they need to get a franchise type of PG in that draft who can eventually replace Nash in a few years.

Nice and realistic, a franchise type of PG. There's all of 3-4 of those in the league and you'd get one with the 4th pick in the draft.
SomeBunghole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 03:48 AM   #4
5 K!DD dribbles
j Fresh is baaack!

5 K!DD dribbles has an OK reputation so far

5 K!DD dribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 04:06 AM   #5
jimmyjames

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBunghole
Nice and realistic, a franchise type of PG. There's all of 3-4 of those in the league and you'd get one with the 4th pick in the draft.
Yes it is realistic..... Chris Paul was the #4 pick, Wade was a #5 pick, Gilbert Arenas 2nd round pick, Tony Parker #28 pick, and Nash #15 pick

Even if you don't get a franchise PG you can still get a franchise caliber player at another position, you don't necessarily have to have the #1 overall pick to get it, and who is to say that Suns might get lucky and land the #1 overal pick. With the Suns good track record in drafting we should still get a good player from drafting anywhere in the top 10.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:19 AM   #6
SomeBunghole
Banned

SomeBunghole has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Yes it is realistic..... Chris Paul was the #4 pick, Wade was a #5 pick, Gilbert Arenas 2nd round pick, Tony Parker #28 pick, and Nash #15 pick

Only one of those players can be described as anything close to a PG in the classic, Steve Nash mold. I wouldn't trust most players listed above to run a bingo night, let alone an NBA team.
SomeBunghole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 04:41 AM   #7
jimmyjames

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBunghole
Only one of those players can be described as anything close to a PG in the classic, Steve Nash mold. I wouldn't trust most players listed above to run a bingo night, let alone an NBA team.
lol are you kidding me? Wade ran his team to an NBA title same as Parker. You try to discredit me and when I post 4 names your reply is....."Only one of those players can be described as anything close to a PG in the classic, Steve Nash mold. I wouldn't trust most players listed above to run a bingo night, let alone an NBA team". You are hilarious.

Wade, Parker, Chris Paul, Gilbert Arenas are all good PG's they all score and their assist to turnover ratio is very good comparable to Nash. Nash however does average a few more assists but to say they aren't traditional PG's is absurd. What isn't traditional about them?
Old 10-17-2007, 04:45 AM   #8
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i'm gonna go with 34 and barely missing the playoffs, which is sad that a team that wins 41% of its games almost makes the playoffs
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 09:10 AM   #9
jimmyjames

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
i'm gonna go with 34 and barely missing the playoffs, which is sad that a team that wins 41% of its games almost makes the playoffs
That is what I am talking about mane....... I knew you had some insightful knowledge about the game. Now what kind of lottery pick will this translate into.... a high or low pick?
Old 10-17-2007, 11:27 AM   #10
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

JohnnyBravo5 has an OK reputation so far

45 wins. There isn't a team in the east that can match our depth of young talent.

I hate to disappoint suns fans but the pick will be in the 20's which you will probably use for cash to buy more sand for you to pound.

Last edited by JohnnyBravo5 : 10-17-2007 at 11:33 AM.
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 11:29 AM   #11
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 11:50 AM   #12
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

Our top 8 players missed nearly 200 games last year and we won 30. Now we hace Acie and Horford. Our yong guys are more experienced. i say 42 wins.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 11:52 AM   #13
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

30-40 depending on injuries on their team and around the L
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 02:21 PM   #14
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

I'd say about 35 wins. Still last in their division.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 02:22 PM   #15
CAYO

CAYO has an OK reputation so far

CAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: