Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-22-2007, 02:24 PM   #31
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation
Default Re: Residents of Insidehoops League (ISH Legends/ Ced league)

Then why do you want to get rid of Jamison and get Bargs if Jamison is so much better?
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 03:35 PM   #32
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Because I'd like to get a PG who shoots three's and passes (Hinrich) alongside Bargs, who will also be shooting three's, thus getting twice the number of three's in the trade.

Not like I was proposing Jamison for Bargs straight up here Silent. I would never do that. They're similar players, Jamison is just better at damn near everything. And by a solid margin too.

Although I do like Bargs center eligibility, and I definitely understand why you value it.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 03:48 PM   #33
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

At least you made a little sense there. And in a way explains why I wouldn't make the deal. Kirk and Bargs with the threes. And don't be surprised if by the end of this season you change your mind about Jamison being better at everything. One is on the way up, one on the way down. How many offers have you had for Jamison?
Old 10-22-2007, 06:08 PM   #34
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Four. Turned down Kidd/Sheed for him. I'm expecting a breakout year actually. I know it seems like his career is in a downward spiral, unless you check his numbers from the playoffs last season.

I'd venture a guess at 28/14/4/5 being reasonable numbers for him. On 72% shooting of course.

The reason I proposed to you wasn't only because you had a player I wanted, but because you had enough 3's to take the loss. Jamison/Redd/Jax/Villa and you'd still be fine. Eh, you don't want to do it, you don't want to do it. There was reasoning though. I'm not always completely illogical.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:20 PM   #35
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

I never said you were completely illogical, only somewhat illogical. Those are some glovesque projections on his stats. You need to spend less time in the short bus league.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:43 PM   #36
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Hey, if I didn't spend my time there, I wouldn't have learned to make accurate projections from the very best. Just out of curiosity, what do you think of the squad from that league. I think it's ok, still needs a bit of work though. Don't tear me a knew one btw, my ego's fragile.

PG - Kidd
SG - Maggette
G - Tinsley
SF - Butler
PF - Jamison
F - AK
C - Big Ben
C - Nene
Util - Hughes
Util - JR Smith
Bn - Garbo
Bn - Francis
Bn - Magloire
Old 10-22-2007, 07:45 PM   #37
D.Z.W.
Great young streetballer

D.Z.W. has decent reputation

Well, IMO the fairness of this trade really depends on how much one thinks Bargnani (& Rondo to a lesser extent) will improve..

Because last year Jamison was indeed light years ahead of Bargs as a fantasy player. This year? Personally, Bargs is just nice for the threes in C eligibility, I haven't really seen anything new added to his game in the preseason games that I watched to convince me he's going to have a leapfrog in improvement. Who knows, maybe it was just because Bosh wasn't around to draw the attention.

But considering that Silent drafted Bargs in every league, I think its going to be difficult to pry Bargs away from him : (evidence that he's very high on him heh).
D.Z.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 08:59 PM   #38
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

High, but with reasonable expectations. I expect some improvement, but not really anything leapfrog, which would be nice. With starting 2 centers in every league, there is a premium on getting a decent one. He's not going to be a big rebounder, maybe the occasional double digit. But he will get 3's, a good ft% and probably decent fg%. Any blocks and steals will be gravy. Now Jamison will probably get similar numbers, even with Arenas and Butler, but don't discount Butler's numbers going up some. But there are more chances for that kind of production from the pf than the center selection. Plus Bargs can go on the roster as sf,pf, c. I like the 3 position eligibility. Isn't that why folks were high on Diaw till he stunk it up last year?
Old 10-22-2007, 09:14 PM   #39
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Hey, if I didn't spend my time there, I wouldn't have learned to make accurate projections from the very best. Just out of curiosity, what do you think of the squad from that league. I think it's ok, still needs a bit of work though. Don't tear me a knew one btw, my ego's fragile.

PG - Kidd
SG - Maggette
G - Tinsley
SF - Butler
PF - Jamison
F - AK
C - Big Ben
C - Nene
Util - Hughes
Util - JR Smith
Bn - Garbo
Bn - Francis
Bn - Magloire

For your ego, I like your starting forwards, pg and sg.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:09 PM   #40
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Interested i na AK47 for Bogut package swap?
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 03:17 PM   #41
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Mav
For your ego, I like your starting forwards, pg and sg.
Ahhhh. Stroke me baby, stroke me.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:17 AM   #42
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Donks is Billy Squire? Yes!
Old 10-26-2007, 01:25 AM   #43
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
That's what she said.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 12:00 PM   #44
Seņor Cedric
why live??

^edit, that's what he said.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:01 PM   #45
RidonKs
NBA Legend

That's what Ced said.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: