Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 10-17-2007, 10:50 PM   #1
justafan
I airball my layups

justafan has an OK reputation so far
Default preseason

gasol get hurt i dont know how serious it is mike conley had 10 point and 10as darko did not had a good game rudy gay is shot up alot of shot and cassey miss two big free throw when the game was 115 to 120.
justafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 02:27 AM   #2
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation
Default Re: preseason

Great 4th by Conley, 10 points (of 11) and 4 assists. The guy takes the team on his back when he has the chance. And good thing that Kinsey has played and performed well.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 04:12 AM   #3
GoldMedallist
Great young streetballer

GoldMedallist has an OK reputation so far

I want to ask you people, cause you have seen him playing. How is Navarro doing this first matches in Memphis?

¿Will he fit in the team? I think it's possible to play with Conley/Damon, Navarro and Miller, since coach Iavaroni seems to prefer Rudy Gay as a 4. ¿What do you think?.
GoldMedallist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 05:23 AM   #4
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMedallist
I want to ask you people, cause you have seen him playing. How is Navarro doing this first matches in Memphis?

¿Will he fit in the team? I think it's possible to play with Conley/Damon, Navarro and Miller, since coach Iavaroni seems to prefer Rudy Gay as a 4. ¿What do you think?.
Navarro seems to be doing very well. In only his first 4 games for the Grizzlies he's averaging 15.5 points. I know it's only preseason and I doubt he's trying his hardest, but imagine what he will look like in the actual season, I smell a 15-18 ppg this season.

Also I hope Gasol's injury isn't too bad, hopefully he should be back before the season starts. If not, then maybe only a few games in, let's just hope we don't have a repeat of last season.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 07:43 AM   #5
GoldMedallist
Great young streetballer

GoldMedallist has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
Navarro seems to be doing very well. In only his first 4 games for the Grizzlies he's averaging 15.5 points. I know it's only preseason and I doubt he's trying his hardest, but imagine what he will look like in the actual season, I smell a 15-18 ppg this season.

Also I hope Gasol's injury isn't too bad, hopefully he should be back before the season starts. If not, then maybe only a few games in, let's just hope we don't have a repeat of last season.

Glad to hear. I was sure he would do well, Navarro is probably the second best Spanish player (more or less like Calderon), and he can help the team very well. I can't imagine Navarro scoring less than 12-14 points in a game if he has enugh game time.

I am sure it will be a good year for Grizzlies if the team don't have much injuries.
GoldMedallist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 11:38 AM   #6
justafan
I airball my layups

gasol out to 5 to 7 dayz
Old 10-19-2007, 07:37 PM   #7
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by justafan
gasol out to 5 to 7 dayz
really? great, he will be available for the season opener then
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 05:57 AM   #8
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

There's nothing about Gasol's injury on Grizzlies' homepage, so I doubt it's serious. And hopefully he's fine for opening night.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:10 PM   #9
justafan
I airball my layups

they beat the heat rudy was on fire but the grizzlies is realy shoot up alot of three i mean to much
Old 10-21-2007, 11:56 AM   #10
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Yeah, 5-5 from beyond the arc for Rudy. He seems to have added some range, I just hope he doesn't falls in love with the three too much.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 03:51 AM   #11
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Kyle Lowry put a triple-double (21p,11r,12a) and the winning basket in a two-OT game against the Rockets. Wow!

I'm worried about Darko's performance, he seems to be giving almost nothing to the team. Have you seen him play? What's your feeling?
Old 10-24-2007, 04:50 AM   #12
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Havn't seen any of the games, only highlights and boxscores (that's the problem with living in England). But, I agree he (Darko) doesn't seem to be contributing as much as we'd hoped, let's hope it doesn't continue for too long.

Lowry had a damn impressive game, out scored, out rebounded and out assisted everyone else who even played. Then gets the game winning basket, wow. But we have to remember these games mean nothing and if he can't reproduce these feats in the regular season than this game meant nothing.

Also, Swift is impressing me so far. I guess he is working hard in training, seems like he really wants it this season, which is good. I'm going to have to start liking him if he continues this during the regular season.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:48 PM   #13
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Yeah, that's my problem also, living so far away.

On Lowry, that's true, it's just one game, but he was very consistent during last season (the few games he played, I mean) and it seems that he is getting a lot better day by day. I didn't expected that improvement pace from him.

Stro is starting to give something much better, but I'm still not convinced he will be capable of doing all along the season, he has been so disappointing the past years... So just waiting what happens in real competition, nothing else.

Last edited by berraco : 10-24-2007 at 12:55 PM.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:04 PM   #14
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

I agree, Lowry did show signs of being good last season, but due to his injury he wasn't able to fully show what he is capable of. Maybe this is the season we get to see all that talent on full display.

Swift may not be able to play like this when the season roles around and the intensity rises much higher, which is a big worry. He has shown signs this preseason that he does care and that he is willing to try and work hard, but it's only preseason.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:15 PM   #15
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Darko has the flu.Lowry is looking good.But dont excpect him to start.Damon will start.Conley is not getting much playing time.Navvaro is playing nice.Pau is not seriously hurt.Gay is looking more and more ready to contribute.Like a poor mans shawn marion.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: