Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 07-03-2007, 09:04 PM   #1
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

luigi>mario has an OK reputation so far
Default Shooting Guard Situation.

Well, The great question for the Jazz is now a little more clear, What will we do at the 2 spot? The 3 spot is pretty full as things stand now so these guys will have to get their minutes at the two spot.

Giricek
Brewer
Miles
Almond
M Peterson?
C Magette?
other?

What is your solution?
luigi>mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:46 PM   #2
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

mateo31 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Shooting Guard Situation.

To start things off I wish Derek Fisher the best of luck and my hopes and prayers go out to his family and daughter. Mr. Fisher was a class act in Utah. As far as the Shooting Guard situation goes, I do not believe it should be too much of a problem. Ronnie Brewer showed he has lots of talent in limited playing time last season. C.J. Miles has good talent (solid shooter). Gordon Giricek can also start if needed and is a solid shooter. I also like Morris Almond (1st round draft pick) as a shooting guard.
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:42 AM   #3
New Jazzy Nets
New Uni's 2010-2011

New Jazzy Nets has an OK reputation so far

gira leaves and if we get mo pete all the better, but brewer starts cj and almond split the other minutes up. But if we add mo pete is a whole nother story. also i curious to see if we sign another PG. Ronnie and Ak are capable of playing point so thats not to big of a convern if we dont sign one.
New Jazzy Nets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:08 AM   #4
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo31
To start things off I wish Derek Fisher the best of luck and my hopes and prayers go out to his family and daughter. Mr. Fisher was a class act in Utah. As far as the Shooting Guard situation goes, I do not believe it should be too much of a problem. Ronnie Brewer showed he has lots of talent in limited playing time last season. C.J. Miles has good talent (solid shooter). Gordon Giricek can also start if needed and is a solid shooter. I also like Morris Almond (1st round draft pick) as a shooting guard.

so what happened to fisher, he's retiring?
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 02:02 AM   #5
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Chalkmaze has decent reputationChalkmaze has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.E.C
so what happened to fisher, he's retiring?

Maybe... He will be leaving the Jazz and moving to another state that has the facilities to help his daughter, such as New York. He will consider trying to get signed with a team in one of those states depending on how everything goes. He said that there are about 7 teams that may fit that option.
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 05:01 AM   #6
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkmaze
Maybe... He will be leaving the Jazz and moving to another state that has the facilities to help his daughter, such as New York. He will consider trying to get signed with a team in one of those states depending on how everything goes. He said that there are about 7 teams that may fit that option.

oh. what happened to his daughter?
Old 07-04-2007, 12:30 PM   #7
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Chalkmaze has decent reputationChalkmaze has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.E.C
oh. what happened to his daughter?

You really havn't heard all that happened with Fisher yet?

It was discovered that his infant daughter has a tumor between her eye and brain and she had to have some very scary surgery done, and will continue to need treatment and special care for quite some time.

The medical facilities in Salt Lake, are not prepared to treat the kind of care that his daughter needs, so his family would have to move to a city where treatment is available, which would leave Fisher's wife in charge of handling everything, and leave him separated from his family for much of the year. He decided his job as dad comes first, and that he needed to be with his family, so he asked the Jazz and the league if they would let him out of his contract. Both of them agreed to let him out of his contract, and Fisher is considering moving to an NBA team that is in a city that can treat his daughter. He is also considering retirement.
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:17 AM   #8
Q.E.C
нυєy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkmaze
You really havn't heard all that happened with Fisher yet?

It was discovered that his infant daughter has a tumor between her eye and brain and she had to have some very scary surgery done, and will continue to need treatment and special care for quite some time.

The medical facilities in Salt Lake, are not prepared to treat the kind of care that his daughter needs, so his family would have to move to a city where treatment is available, which would leave Fisher's wife in charge of handling everything, and leave him separated from his family for much of the year. He decided his job as dad comes first, and that he needed to be with his family, so he asked the Jazz and the league if they would let him out of his contract. Both of them agreed to let him out of his contract, and Fisher is considering moving to an NBA team that is in a city that can treat his daughter. He is also considering retirement.

oh ok thanks, i didn't mean to get off topic like that. sorry people..
Old 07-09-2007, 03:36 PM   #9
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Agent_Zero is considered somewhat coolAgent_Zero is considered somewhat cool

Morris Peterson would be an excellent fit for you guys. He can shoot with ease, play defense, and is the ultimate professional.
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:17 PM   #10
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

From what I have heard I like Mo Pete. I recently saw owner Larry Miller in an interview. They asked him if he worried about the veteran taking minutes from the younger players who need to develop. He said it was a concern, but that things might reshuffle after trades to free up some minutes. He also noted Peterson can play two positions.

If he's a professional, he will fit in with the Jazz. Maybe we won't have so many embarassing sg 50 pt implosions if we land him.

Does anyone think CJ Miles will get an offer from another team? If so will how big will it have to be to not match?
Old 07-10-2007, 08:15 PM   #11
Bricklayer
Decent playground baller

Bricklayer has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi>mario
From what I have heard I like Mo Pete. I recently saw owner Larry Miller in an interview. They asked him if he worried about the veteran taking minutes from the younger players who need to develop. He said it was a concern, but that things might reshuffle after trades to free up some minutes. He also noted Peterson can play two positions.

If he's a professional, he will fit in with the Jazz. Maybe we won't have so many embarassing sg 50 pt implosions if we land him.

Does anyone think CJ Miles will get an offer from another team? If so will how big will it have to be to not match?

I've actually heard CJ is getting quite a bit of interest around the league cuz he can be had for cheap. If he gets an offer for around 3 mill like Mo Williams did, I don't think the Jazz would match it because we're already cutting close to luxury tax territory and we still need to re-sign D-Will next year. Watch CJ leave and blow up into a star... Just our luck.
Bricklayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:41 PM   #12
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricklayer
I've actually heard CJ is getting quite a bit of interest around the league cuz he can be had for cheap. If he gets an offer for around 3 mill like Mo Williams did, I don't think the Jazz would match it because we're already cutting close to luxury tax territory and we still need to re-sign D-Will next year. Watch CJ leave and blow up into a star... Just our luck.

I wonder if that is why he isn't playing the summer league? I personally would choose Brewer over him, but from all I've heard about the front office, they really like Miles. If he leaves, we definately need Mo Pete.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:28 AM   #13
lowblok
High School Varsity 6th Man

lowblok has an OK reputation so far

I've been backing Miles potential for the last 2 years but him not playing at the RMR is bull****!!

How is he expecting to force a way into the rotation if he isn't playing. I thought he had a good chance to show everyone what he has......

Deron showed at last years RMR that he was way above that level. Millsap showed what he had and continued into the regular rotation.

I don't think Sloan will be too excited about Miles right now!!
lowblok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:21 AM   #14
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricklayer
Watch CJ leave and blow up into a star... Just our luck.

If you can't make it on the Jazz, you can't make it anywhere. Jazz players get worse when they leave the team, not better, that's tradition:
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:28 PM   #15
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretik32
Jazz players get worse when they leave the team, not better, that's tradition:

You know, I've heard that. But is that the case? Stevenson seemed to do better. Mikki Moore did. Mo Williams. Pavlovic.

I have heard guys like shandon anderson/ howard eisley looked good in a Jazz uni, then went down when they left.

Are there others to note?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: