Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-18-2007, 05:22 PM   #1
The GM
#ballislife

The GM is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default suggestions to improve my team..

i had a auto draft and i think i ranked pretty well but im trying to make a few deals cause i think its stupid to have melo on the bench or have melo or lebron period cause ones gonna start and ones not so i think should improve my PF PG or SG position and get a top player at one, any comments? Oh yea and the league stats that are kept are.. FG%, FT%, 3PT%, PTS, REB, AST, ST, BLK, TO, PF

PG: Joe Johnson
SG- Kevin Martin
SF- LeBron James
PF- AK47
C- Pau Gasol

Bench:
Carmelo
Eddy Curry
Rudy Gay
Gerald Green
Luol Deng
Scola
Andre Miller
Andrew Bynum
The GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 10:40 PM   #2
zhukeeper
Can barely lace up my sneakers

zhukeeper has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: suggestions to improve my team..

i would suggest upgrading your PG and PF positions specifically and trading Melo.

Ak47 has so many question marks that you may get frustrated with him. If you choose to stay with AK47 as your starting PF, I would advise acquiring milsap as a suitable handcuff as milsap performs well when Ak47 is out.

AK47 used to be just an injury risk, but now, he's an injury risk + trade risk (distraction to AK47) + repeat of poor season risk. Not worth it in my opinion.

Joe Johnson is a solid player but he would not be suitable as your starting PG. I think best strategies are to have your PG perform LIKE a PG...that means threes, high FG%, and mad assists otherwise you're digging yourself in a whole for assists.

Melo is great for boosting your scoring, but you already have that taken care of by the rest of your starters (minus AK47). Melo year after year is overrated...drafted too high and the end of year rankings don't back it up. he carries great value though since most people would trade for him and you can take advantage of it.

Others are solid choices. Lebron and Gasol are your anchors. Kevin Martin is your efficiency expert.

Try bundling ak47 and melo together for a PG shooting 3s + assists and a more consistent PF (maybe david west...as he can balance out your turnovers)

hope this helps
zhukeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: