Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-20-2007, 03:46 PM   #1
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Allan Houston Ends Comeback W/ Knicks

Quote:
NEW YORK, October 20, 2007 – New York Knickerbockers guard Allan Houston has decided to end his comeback with the team.
"After much consideration, I have decided to end my comeback with the Knicks,” Houston said. “While my body and my knees, in particular, feel fine, I know what is required for me to be truly effective in the NBA again, and it involves a timing and progression that would not be fair to Isiah and the Knicks right now. With the season opening less than two weeks away, I think it is best for the team to move on without me. I appreciate the opportunity that Isiah and the Knicks have given me, and I wish the team nothing but success."
http://www.nba.com/news/houston_ends...ck_071020.html

I think he should have signed with the Nets in the first place.
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 03:52 PM   #2
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Allan Houston Ends Comeback W/ Knicks

Should have never flirted with coming back to begin with. Stay an NBA analyst. Its not much more he can offer a team besides stealing time and money and playing less of what he used to be.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 03:53 PM   #3
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
http://www.nba.com/news/houston_ends...ck_071020.html

I think he should have signed with the Nets in the first place.

the irony.

Houston waited too long. yeah yeah he had a baby due and it was the right call to stay with his wife.

but had HOuston accepted the Nets offer in time, they would likely have given him a spot on the roster... despite the fact Williams broke his foot and they would need another PG... in which case Robert Hite would be dropped (Nets eat up a small portion of Hite's partially guaranteed contract) and Houston given a chance.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 04:19 PM   #4
ImCuterThanYou
Banned

ImCuterThanYou has an OK reputation so far

soundz like the door has been left open for another comeback down the road...
ImCuterThanYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 04:30 PM   #5
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

AI Nuggets3 has an OK reputation so far

knicks basically gave him the "we'll let you save face" treatment.

AKA he was going to be cut this week just like Penny Hardaway and Stacey Augmon
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 04:33 PM   #6
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCuterThanYou
soundz like the door has been left open for another comeback down the road...

nice call
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 05:28 PM   #7
Classic
Kids at the park dunk on me

Classic has an OK reputation so far

So not surprising
Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 07:44 PM   #8
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

LOL @ Allan. He knew he wasn't gonna be able to make the team, so he says he is ending it rather than being cut. I probably would have done the same thing in his situation. That was a very short comeback, only lasted 8 days or so. : I hope the Knicks make the right decision by keeping that last man on the roster - probably Fred Jones.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 09:22 PM   #9
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Knicks straight up cut him. Allan was a step slow
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 09:27 PM   #10
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

AI Nuggets3 has an OK reputation so far

even in his prime i never considered Houston to be a big deal. nice shooting form but never a threat.

go back to ESPN, man.
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 10:16 PM   #11
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Is he at least good as an analyst?
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 10:23 PM   #12
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial

He's a very average to below average analyst IMO. But let's not forget how good he actually was as a player! A 20-point scorer with 50+ point games, a 2-time All-Star, an NBA Conference champion, and one of the best shooters in the history of the league! Let's give respect to Allan Houston.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 11:37 PM   #13
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fkiNd5wmCFM
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 11:47 PM   #14
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

Quote:

He's better than Scottie Pippen. I'll give him that.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 08:23 AM   #15
Durant35
Banned

Durant35 is popular on this boardDurant35 is popular on this boardDurant35 is popular on this boardDurant35 is popular on this boardDurant35 is popular on this board

Cavaliers can hire him as one of the teams assistant coaches, and maybe teach Larry Hughes on how to shoot consistently.
Durant35 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: