Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-19-2007, 03:32 PM   #76
Hstone
Serious playground baller

Hstone has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: ISH's current #3 Player in the NBA

Jason collins
Hstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 03:41 PM   #77
mhg88
Local High School Star

mhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat cool

Wade
mhg88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 04:58 PM   #78
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
Funny thing is though, once we get to about the 4-5th player, votes for Kidd, Nash and Iverson are going to start popping up so Dirk might only just make the top 10. Pretty sad how most people are only using Dirk's poor playoff performance as an excuse to not vote for him.
I don't vote Dirk because I don't think he deserves to be here right now personally. He's #7 on my top 10 list. I just don't understand a lot of the Dirk hype. He won an MVP and had 67 wins, but then lost to G-State in the first round, and I know that's been harped on time and time again, but it has to count for something. People also say he wins a lot, but look at the players he's had on his team in the past - Steve Nash, Michael Finley, Antawn Jamison, Antoine Walker (when he was pretty good), Jason Terry, Josh Howard, Jerry Stackhouse. He's been surrounded with good talent for all the years of his career and has been to the playoffs numerous times, yet players like Kevin Garnett who hasn't had great teammates his whole career, or Jason Kidd whose had an injury prone K-Mart and Jefferson with him, or Iverson whose had a completely defensively-oriented team where he's the focal point of the offense, they hardly get praised as much as Dirk when they do everything he does, and then some, with lesser teammates.

Plus, his game is just too one-sided for me. Almost no post skills, solid rebounder but nothing spectacular (and it's not like he's had another big man to take his boards all his career), decent passer but nothing special, lack-luster defensive skills. If his jumper is off, he's not going to explode and light up the scoreboard with points. He isn't known to take it to the hole a whole lot either (6.4 FTA per game). He's a 7 foot jumpshooter who has lower percentages than a point guard (Nash) in ALL of the following categories: FG%, 3PT%, FT%, eFG%, TS%. People say he's extremely efficient; he's only been top 10 in the league in true shooting percentage once - 6 years ago. A big part of the reason his 3PT% is high is because he hardly attempts them - averaged 2.2 attempts per game last year, and 4.0 for his career. Even Lebron attempts more 3's, 4.0 attempts per game last year. He's a 7 footer whose only shot 50% once, last year, barely. (.502%) Again proving that he doesn't take it to the hole a whole lot. And he's never lead the league in a single stat, and he's only been top 10 in RPG 3 times. Hasn't even grabbed 800 boards in a year, while Lebron grabbed almost 600... in his sophomore year. Basketball Reference ranks his HOF probability at .611. Compare that to .979 (Garnett), .870 (Kidd), .997 (Iverson).

I just don't think he's quite as good as everybody says he is. Take away his MVP and Finals appearance, and he's not even top 10 for me, just a winning, upgraded version of a Rashard Lewis or something.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 05:02 PM   #79
dhenk
Why do you care?

dhenk has an OK reputation so far

Dirk Nowitzki
dhenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 07:45 PM   #80
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

2LeTTeRS KD has decent reputation

Damn didnt vote in my last post, but I go for Bron, I actually pick him at least 2.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 07:46 PM   #81
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Los Angeles has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Ok, I'll stay out.

I didn't mean to be rude, hopefully you didn't see it that way...I just gave you some advice because you were kind of going your own separate way.

Sorry for any misunderstanding, there was probably none to began with...but you know...
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 04:44 PM   #82
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Los Angeles has an OK reputation so far

I will update this in a short while...
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: