Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-19-2007, 03:56 AM   #1
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Which free agent should I add?

Ok, my team is currently

PG - Mike Conley Jr.
SG - Mike Miller
G - Stephen Jackson
SF - Ron Artest
PF - Shawn Marion
F - Chris Bosh
C - Zydrunas Ilgauskas
C - Al Horford
Util - Jarrett Jack
Util - Caron Butler
BN - Yi Jianlian
BN - Udonis Haslem
BN - Andrew Bynum

I've got a trade pending of Jarret Jack and Big Z for Andre Miller. I'm not a fan of Big Z and I wasn't sure how much playing time Jack would get because he has Steve Black and Sergio Rodriguez. Since Conley is a rookie I wanted a good solid PG who I know will put stats up, hence the trade for Miller (I tried to get Deron Williams but the guy wouldn't budge. I offered Butler, Jianlian and Jack and he said no.) With Big Z gone I can move Bosh to C and then slide Butler in at F.

Anyways because it's a two for one I now have a free roster spot and need to decide who to pick. Some FAs that are left are

Brandan Wright
Joe Smith
Steve Francis
Wally Szczerbiak
Shelden Williams
Darius Miles
Gerald Green
Joey Graham
Damon Stoudamire
Kenny Thomas
Martell Webster

Morris Almond
Jeff Green
Acie Law IV
Joakim Noah
Luis Scola
Tyrus Thomas
Antoine Walker
Tony Allen
Sergio Rodriguez
Adam Morrison
Ronnie Brewer
Bonzi Wells
Jamaal Magloire
Thabo Sefolosha

Quentin Richardson
Andres Nocioni
Channing Frye
Jason Kapono
Kendrick Perkins
James Posey
Jason Maxiell
Robert Swift
Al Thornton
Jorge Garbajosa
Brent Barry
Eddie Jones

Chris Duhon
Eduardo Najera
Shareef Abdur-Rahim
J.R. Smith
Ryan Gomes
Sam Cassell
Chuck Hayes
Antonio Daniels
Bobby Simmons
Bruce Bowen
Matt Harpring

Jeff Foster
DeSagana Diop
Mickael Pietrus
Travis Outlaw
James Jones
Steve Blake
Juwan Howard
Bostjan Nachbar
Anderson Varejao
Alonzo Mourning
Hakim Warrick

Brevin Knight
Jerry Stackhouse
Quinton Ross
Dikembe Mutombo
Francisco Garcia
Jared Jordan
Stephane Lasme
Marc Gasol
Guillermo Diaz
Aaron Gray
Thaddeus Young

Who should I pick and is there anyone else on the roster you think I should rop and replace with someone from the list above. I was leaning towards either Fyre of Thorton. I'm also not sold on Bynum and Jianlian yet. The Bucks are kinda loaded up front with Bogut, Jianlian, Villa, Simmons and Mason so I'm not sure how well he'll do. And Bynum is Bynum, the worlds biggest mystery.

Last edited by El Kabong : 10-19-2007 at 04:06 AM.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 04:13 AM   #2
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Which free agent should I add?

You're still a little below average in assists, with only Conley and Dre producing anything substantive, and Miller helping a little bit. However, the only guys on your FA list that will be giving you any worthwhile assist numbers (unless I'm missing someone) are Cassell, Knight, and Duhon. Problem with Cassell and Knight is that they'll be competing against each other. If Sam goes down again, Knight would make a great pickup, but if both are healthy, it might not be worth taking either of them, especially considering who's on your FA list.

Speaking of which, why the hell do you have Yi with Noc, Q, Frye, and Maxiell, amongst others, chilling in FA? Not seeing the logic there. Drop Yi, grab one of them. Q will most likely be starting, Noc and Frye should be getting quality minutes, and Maxiell will have loads of room in the Pistons frontcourt if Webber doesn't resign.

I'd grab Q and Noc I think. Actually, both of those guys are probably as good as, if not better than either of the guys you're trading, so that's a great steal for you. Z might be better, but his injury risk at that age is through the roof. At worst, it would break down like this...

Dre >> Jack
Noc < Z
Q > Yi

And that's the most pessimistic view I can muster, so you'll be sitting pretty.

Not sure where you can find some assists, but you'll shore up your 3pt problems nicely by nabbing Q and Noc, and get rid of a few question marks on your roster.

Oh yeah, completely forgot about Scola. He could very solid too, so keep an eye on him in his first few games. Lots of minutes for him in that PF spot, especially in a system like Adelman's.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 04:20 AM   #3
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
You're still a little below average in assists, with only Conley and Dre producing anything substantive, and Miller helping a little bit. However, the only guys on your FA list that will be giving you any worthwhile assist numbers (unless I'm missing someone) are Cassell, Knight, and Duhon. Problem with Cassell and Knight is that they'll be competing against each other. If Sam goes down again, Knight would make a great pickup, but if both are healthy, it might not be worth taking either of them, especially considering who's on your FA list.

Speaking of which, why the hell do you have Yi with Noc, Q, Frye, and Maxiell, amongst others, chilling in FA? Not seeing the logic there. Drop Yi, grab one of them. Q will most likely be starting, Noc and Frye should be getting quality minutes, and Maxiell will have loads of room in the Pistons frontcourt if Webber doesn't resign.

I'd grab Q and Noc I think. Actually, both of those guys are probably as good as, if not better than either of the guys you're trading, so that's a great steal for you. Z might be better, but his injury risk at that age is through the roof. At worst, it would break down like this...

Dre >> Jack
Noc < Z
Q > Yi

And that's the most pessimistic view I can muster, so you'll be sitting pretty.

Not sure where you can find some assists, but you'll shore up your 3pt problems nicely by nabbing Q and Noc, and get rid of a few question marks on your roster.

Oh yeah, completely forgot about Scola. He could very solid too, so keep an eye on him in his first few games. Lots of minutes for him in that PF spot, especially in a system like Adelman's.
Yea, I thought assists were my biggest problem so that's why I grabbed Andre seeing as he'll probably put up around 7-10 a game. And I really don't know why I still have Yi, I basically had questions about other players and was waiting to see what other people thought. I also thought about grabbing Al Throrton, I thought he may put up some good numbers because Elton Brand is out.

What type of player is Acie Law IV? Is he a playmaker or more of a SG that plays PG?
Old 10-19-2007, 04:36 AM   #4
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Thornton would be a good bet too. He was one of the ones I was referring to when I said "amongst others". Actually, he's probably a better bet than Noc.

I'm not all that familiar with Law, but he's supposed to be starting at PG, so he'll probably pick up more assists than anyone else you might be able to snag.

I completely missed your first two sections of the FA's left, and I only saw the FA's starting with Q. I like Wally this year, until he gets injured anyways. He's one of the few true veteran presences on that Seattle team, and he's also probably the team's best player, as sad as that is. He should see a lot of time, as he'll be spelling both Green and Durant, and he might very well be starting. Other guys you could mull over are JR Smith, Outlaw, Webster, Green (Jeff), and perhaps Tyrus.

How many teams does your league have, and just out of curiosity, was Artest you 3rd rounder or was it Miller?
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 07:23 AM   #5
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Thornton would be a good bet too. He was one of the ones I was referring to when I said "amongst others". Actually, he's probably a better bet than Noc.

I'm not all that familiar with Law, but he's supposed to be starting at PG, so he'll probably pick up more assists than anyone else you might be able to snag.

I completely missed your first two sections of the FA's left, and I only saw the FA's starting with Q. I like Wally this year, until he gets injured anyways. He's one of the few true veteran presences on that Seattle team, and he's also probably the team's best player, as sad as that is. He should see a lot of time, as he'll be spelling both Green and Durant, and he might very well be starting. Other guys you could mull over are JR Smith, Outlaw, Webster, Green (Jeff), and perhaps Tyrus.

How many teams does your league have, and just out of curiosity, was Artest you 3rd rounder or was it Miller?
Miller was my 5th round pick. Artest was 4th. I did that automatic draft thingy because I couldn't get on during the live draft because i'm in Australia. There's 12 teams in my leauge. Although I don't know how smart some of them are. A guy just dropped Chris Kaman for Theo Ratliff.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: